BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Mehale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Help: Infiniti m35x vs 5-Series AWD

Hello all,

My dad is trying to deceide on what to get for a car. He is leaning towards an Infinite m35x, and I have been trying to get him to go more towards the 535xi. Has anyone had any personal experience or things they heard through the grapevine for comparing the two.

In all honesty, obviously this is a BMW forum so i'm assuming i'd get more responses for the BMW but whatever your opinions are I do appreciate it.

I drive a 335i myself and its not really comparible to the m35x because its in a different league, so i'm here for some assistance fellas. Enlighten me.

Thanks in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
wolfgang0524
Rep
Drives: mine: 535i wife: x5

When I started looking for a car this fall, my list included Infiniti m and g series, Acura TL and RL, Lexus ES and GS, and BMW 335xi and 535xi.

I liked the Acura better than I thought. It seemed to have a reasonable balance between luxury and performance. The center console on the Lexus GS was too big and the ES was great in terms of luxury, but lacking on the performance side.

I was really expecting the Infiniti to be towards the top of the list based on reviews and a number of people at work had them. My wife and I were so disappointed in the interiors that we didn't even take them for a test drive. The buttons and toggle switches seemed like they should belong on a $20 toy, not a $40-50k+ vehicle.

BMW was the last one of the bunch that I test drove and they blew away the others. If your dad hasn't already, have him try out a 535 with the sport/comfort seats. They are by far the most comfortable seats that I have even sat in. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for until I drove the 535.
Appreciate 0