E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > (MHD) Merging two custom files into one custom map

02-26-2023, 05:52 AM   #1
dailyis
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335is

I want to merge two custom maps to be used with switching back and forth with MHDs new map switching festure. In another group they described it being possible. Not sure if that’s entirely true but that’s the goal.

I have two maps I want to put together as one and have them be able to switch between one another without having to stop and reflashq. How can you do this in Tunerpro, or should I use another application to put them together? Or is it not possible yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 06:28 AM   #2
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

It's mostly possible (but need a bit of work) if your two maps have a similar base, cause the multimap thing let you changes more or less those things between maps: fuel, ignition, load & WGDC adder

So yes, you need TunerPro, you need the last MHD XDF for your DME ( https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs ). It contains a "MHD+ Suite" category with all tables needed for the multimap. There is also a basic multimap example ".bin" file that is prefilled with standard values to check how it's populated.

You also need that your two tunes files are not locked : ".bin" file extension, not ".mhd".

After loading the map 1, then you will need to report/copy and adapt values of the second map to the "MHD+ Suite/Map Switch - Slot 2" tables, mostly like I said : fuel, ignition, load...

If you do not feel comfortable with that, I imagine it's probably safer to contact your tuner to do it for you.
      02-26-2023, 06:38 AM   #3
dailyis
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
It's mostly possible (but need a bit of work) if your two maps have a similar base, cause the multimap thing let you changes more or less those things between maps: fuel, ignition, load & WGDC adder

So yes, you need TunerPro, you need the last MHD XDF for your DME ( https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs ). It contains a "MHD+ Suite" category with all tables needed for the multimap. There is also a basic multimap example ".bin" file that is prefilled with standard values to check how it's populated.

You also need that your two tunes files are not locked : ".bin" file extension, not ".mhd".
Ok. According to the guide it says all I need to do is load the original or? the MHD xdf, enable the table for map switching, and load those tables onto 1, 2, 3, so forth of which lets say allowing a different E blend or enabling the burbles or setting boost. Am I missing something?

I look forward to tuning myself. Mostly for fun and knowledge
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:02 AM   #4
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyis View Post
Ok. According to the guide it says all I need to do is load the original or? the MHD xdf, enable the table for map switching, and load those tables onto 1, 2, 3, so forth of which lets say allowing a different E blend or enabling the burbles or setting boost. Am I missing something?

I look forward to tuning myself. Mostly for fun and knowledge
Yes, I didn't mention burbles cause you can now change them (per map) directly on flash options menu (with slider duration/agressivness) before flashing (even if you can also change them manually in your .bin burbles slot tables but it involves more work).

The XDF file is like an index/references file for all defined addresses of tables of bin files for one specific DME version, it's not your tune file. The .bin is your tune.

First you load the correct XDF in the "XDF" menu, then you open your first bin (the one you want to be Slot #1) in the "File" menu.

For map 1, and for I8A0S DME at least, with a standard .bin file, the only changes is that it mandatory uses "Load Target per Gear" instead of "Load Target" it's almost the same with more control accross gears, all other tables are the same (for slot 1).

Then yes, for slot #2, you want to copy values (fuel, ignition, load..) of your second .bin inside the "Map Switch - Slot 2" tables.

Yes, in "MHD+ Config", you can enable the map switch, the number of slot you need and so on.

All tables need to be carefully examined because you have to populate all breakpoints tables and things like that (if you don't use the multimap .bin as base).

You can use the "Compare" menu to load the multimap .bin example, and to load you second tune, to compare and copy/paste values between files.