F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > xHP Fuel Saver mode
Studio RSR

04-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #1
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
xHP Fuel Saver mode

Anyone tested this yet?

I flashed the new 1.8 version yesterday and enabled the fuel saver mode which overrides any custom maps you configure. I’ve always used custom maps to make the gearbox change up faster but this new mode basically does that for me and doesn’t affect sport mode which is great.

Anyway, be keen to hear anyone’s thoughts if they do the same
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 07:07 AM   #2
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

I saw the update but it didn't sound interesting enough to try. It sounded like an Eco-Pro gearbox map without the in-sensitive acc pedal map.

I have my shifts lower than ECO pro and the 'box shifts faster too with Stage3 so thought it would be pointless. I also dont really want coasting in Comfort.

Would be good to hear your thoughts though.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 07:53 AM   #3
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
It sounded like an Eco-Pro gearbox map without the in-sensitive acc pedal map.
It is that but only for Comfort and (obviously) ECO pro. Sport reverts to stock shift points which suits me better as if I'm in Sport mode I probs don't care about changing up faster.
Previously the only way to achieve faster upshifts were through the map editor which applies across all driving modes in D so this new option resolves that for me which is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
I have my shifts lower than ECO pro and the 'box shifts faster too with Stage3 so thought it would be pointless. I also dont really want coasting in Comfort.
Wdym lower than ECO pro? As in changing up faster? That would be hella fast lol. Also with this setting enabled, coasting only applies to ECO pro not Comfort or above
Appreciate 0