E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bimmerlabs E90 328i Generic OBD2 Port No Communication

04-25-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
mrfist9
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bimmerlabs E90 328i Generic OBD2 Port No Communication

Hey guys!

I have a 07 328i, long story short, generic code readers will not communicate with it anymore, namely... the emissions testing center's... I skirted it last year, but now I have to do something about it.

Car has 3 Stage manifold, I flashed the Bimmerlabs 330i tune, and ever since I've had this behavior. Worked prior, as I got the original emissions test on the car, and used my little scanner to check readiness etc for it.

I have all the tools at my disposal and I've tried several things, to no avail

I've Flashed back to stock using the Bimmerlabs supplied stock tunes, I've tried 2/3, tried both the 3sim tunes, no difference.

After every flash I get the "no coding" error and I open up protools and factory code the Engine module, this all seems to work hunky dory, car works drives great. I can even see the readiness monitors in protool / ISTA working just fine.

But nothing on the generic code reader, no related shadow codes, nothing.

I've tried a different junction box, no different

I have a few suspicions / things I want to try, but not expecting much difference.

- Flash Original ZB#, well. I can't find it, it must be in a long lost SP-daten version HW:7567362 ZB:7573454 06 build date, I could also try just flashing the bimmerlabs stock tunes using comfort mode in WINKFP, but I doubt that'll make a difference

- There's an item in the engine coding that factory code with protool seems to struggle with, if I hit the detect changes button after a factory code it still labels it as altered. CODIERUNG_PROTOKOLL_MSV80
it's stuck at 00 no matter what I try with protool, oddly my 335i has this set to wert_01, this appears to be one of the you cannot code this without having working hours set to 0, I wanna try this with NCSExpert, but I don't expect any difference

Any Ideas? I'm at a loss
Another gentleman had the same issue, he seemed to give up and just find another matching DME and kept it stock. I'd like to avoid that. This must be solvable.

If anyone had insight whether that original ZB# being early 06 may be some massive disparity in this department from the later stock tunes on bimmerlabs, it would be Hassmachine, however he seems a bit dormant these days
Appreciate 0