E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

05-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

Well boys and girls, we finally managed the first UK meet back in April and what a day! It still stands as the biggest ever E90 meet on the planet (with photographic and video evidence), you should be proud of yourselves....

New friends were made, E90post members turned up, anonymous surfers turned up, an E46 turned up, an E90 that didn't even know the meet was on turned up, our American friends with steering wheels on the wrong side turned up , we learned more about our cars (well I did), we met celebrities (Dermot), satnavs gave wrong directions (okay it was mine!!), pub carparks were overloaded, we brought villages to a standstill, and curries were consumed a plenty (and they were hot! . It was a cracking day and I'm sure the next one will be even better...

All are welcome at the second meet - our US friends of course, possibly our European friends too? We need another E91 to give Ric1 some company and we need some Arctic, White or Red E90's too!!
E90post members are welcome, non-members welcome, celebrities welcome, dentists welcome (but bring the Ferrari, please! ) partners welcome , children welcome, mistresses welcome ...basically all are welcome!!

So when shall we meet? Please post suggestions and thoughts. Viv and I were thinking a July/August date would be good. We need plenty of time to plan ahead. Also please suggest locations. We could meet at Donington again, somewhere new, or we could join Paddy in Wales!!

And this time we need a seriously big attendance. If you were not at the first meet come along to meet us, we're all quite friendly (well most of us!) and we make sure we have a really good time. The more the merrier. So come on!! Sign Up Here.... Let's agree a date and location and then sign up!!!

Look forward to seeing both old faces (I mean young) and new faces soon.

Paul.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Paul, I enjoyed producing the DVD of the First UK Meet so much, I'm now thinking of getting an Apple MacBook just to make the next one even better!

I think we had a good day with friendly people, good weather & an entertaining experience overall.

To get an even bigger turnout, I think we need to look at a few alternatives:

• a few different venues- Scotland or Wales could be good, but may not attract members from further away- unless we made the meet last over a couple of days!
  • a few different daytime activities- it was difficult organising that stuff for the 1st meet, but we've got a better understanding of what sort of things we all like doing, so it may be easier now, but I reckon we need to look at what different people want to do over the day or days
  • preparation- the 1st meet was tricky to plan- plate covers for example, with not knowing who or how many would exactly turn up, so one way of improving turnout could be to pay a deposit- for a hotel, entertainment venue, or just to me, if you don't mind!
  • although I think we now have a core group who are likely to turn up no matter what, it would be nice if maybe there were more friends/relatives there, who are just as passionate about the BMWs. Also, having a few more women around might have made things easier for Mickey & Bea. I'm sure the blokes would have been entertained as well by the presence of more women!
  • although I tried to get a friend to come down just for the photography, he couldn't make it, so I'll try again & we may get even better shots than the stuff I knocked up!

Matt's (OilBurner) shots made up for it I thought.
Right, that's enough from me for the time being I think, so I'm going to find out about the new Apple MacBooks.

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 05-18-2006 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
July or August sound fine with me.

A central location would probably be best so as to attract more attendance. I have no problem with a multi-day event. It might even attract some from Scotland, the south-west (that would be Cornwall, not Arizona ), the continent or even further away (Hong Kong maybe? ).

SoYank
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
Barrie
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 318d ES

I would definately concider coming to the next meet, but I am based in Essex, so Scotland would be a bit far for me, but if it were further south, I could be seriously tempted...would be the only 318d ES there I'm sure
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 06:44 AM   #5
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I'm in - anywhere really but it would be good to have something arranged for the day. Karting gets my vote!!!
      05-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #6
Barrie
Private
England
Rep

ooh, Karting...sounds fun...haven't been Karting for years.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
I'm in - anywhere really but it would be good to have something arranged for the day. Karting gets my vote!!!
Karting would be a great idea. I used to do quite a lot several years ago. The trick is to find somewhere that is not too anal about the participants actually (heaven forbid) racing.

The other big decision would be whether to race indoors or outdoors. Indoors you don't need to worry about the weather, but it's single engine karts (35mph) rather than twins(60-70mph).

Kartsport near Cambridge have been in the game for a long time and are fairly level headed about racing. They have both indoor and outdoor tracks. Last time I was there They were using single 390's on their outdoor circuit . Indoors they were using LPG powered karts which were slow to pick up, but really flew when they were in their power band. In reallity, the LPG engines enhance racing by punishing ragged driving. They also have a large car park and catering.

Might be a bit too far south for some 'though

[edited for spelling]

Last edited by London320d; 05-19-2006 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Count the heritage section in

Central location would I am sure have the biggest pull, but perhaps it could be stretched north/south if we spread over a couple of days and travel a bit.

Karting sounds like a top plan - been a few years since I've been that fast with my a$$ that close to the ground .

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
Barrie
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d
Karting would be a great idea. I used to do to quite a lot several years ago. The trick is to find somewher that is not to anal about the participents actually (heaven forbid) racing.

The other big decision would be whether to race indoors or outdoors. Indoord you dont need to worry about the weather, but it's single engine karts (35mph) rather than twins(60-70mph).

Kartsport near Cambridge have been in the game for a long time and are fairly level headed about racing. They have both indoor and outdoor tracks. Last time I was there They were using single 390's on their outdoor circuit . Indoors they were using LPG powered karts which were slow to pick up, but really flew when they were in their power band. In reallity the LPG engines enhance racing by punishing ragged driving. They also have a large car park and catering

Might be a bit too far south for some 'though
Cambridge area would be a great location, and I would really like to meet some of you guys, even if I am a bit quiet on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #10
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90-330i

Its so nice to see our friends are going to make
an honest attempt this time.
keep it up !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
We've got some work to do boys and girls - The US of A have evidence of a twenty car meet. Let's start dropping leaflets on any E90 we see. Anyone care to knock a quick flyer up????
      05-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
We've got some work to do boys and girls - The US of A have evidence of a twenty car meet. Let's start dropping leaflets on any E90 we see. Anyone care to knock a quick flyer up????
Hmmmm.... we could sort a flyer with info about e90post.com, the UK regional forum & some info about signing up for the forum, Paul. I'll knock one up in the next week or so, ok. All the best. Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #13
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Once you guys have a date set for the 2nd meet, might I suggest using our new Meets/Calendar system (http://www.e90post.com/forums/calendar.php) to keep track of the date/attendees? You can access the meets calendar easily by clicking on the "Meets" link in the menu bar at the top of the forum.

You can add a new event on the date and then UK e90post members can indicate whether they plan to attend and the system will keep track for you.

You can then post a link to the calendar event in the official meet thread so people can discuss the meet, while also being able to click on the calendar event to see the # of attendees.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Once you guys have a date set for the 2nd meet, might I suggest using our new Meets/Calendar system (http://www.e90post.com/forums/calendar.php) to keep track of the date/attendees? You can access the meets calendar easily by clicking on the "Meets" link in the menu bar at the top of the forum.

You can add a new event on the date and then UK e90post members can indicate whether they plan to attend and the system will keep track for you.

You can then post a link to the calendar event in the official meet thread so people can discuss the meet, while also being able to click on the calendar event to see the # of attendees.
Will do.

Thanks Jason.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 05-23-2006 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Jason, where can I get one of your signs for my driveway?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
We may have to take a few of them along to the Second UK Meet!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #17
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Count me in.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #18
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank

You can get them off ebay, just as longtran did - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...843#post288843

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Well boys and girls, we finally managed the first UK meet back in April and what a day! It still stands as the biggest ever E90 meet on the planet (with photographic and video evidence), you should be proud of yourselves....

New friends were made, E90post members turned up, anonymous surfers turned up, an E46 turned up, an E90 that didn't even know the meet was on turned up, our American friends with steering wheels on the wrong side turned up , we learned more about our cars (well I did), we met celebrities (Dermot), satnavs gave wrong directions (okay it was mine!!), pub carparks were overloaded, we brought villages to a standstill, and curries were consumed a plenty (and they were hot! . It was a cracking day and I'm sure the next one will be even better...

All are welcome at the second meet - our US friends of course, possibly our European friends too? We need another E91 to give Ric1 some company and we need some Arctic, White or Red E90's too!!
E90post members are welcome, non-members welcome, celebrities welcome, dentists welcome (but bring the Ferrari, please! ) partners welcome , children welcome, mistresses welcome ...basically all are welcome!!

So when shall we meet? Please post suggestions and thoughts. Viv and I were thinking a July/August date would be good. We need plenty of time to plan ahead. Also please suggest locations. We could meet at Donington again, somewhere new, or we could join Paddy in Wales!!

And this time we need a seriously big attendance. If you were not at the first meet come along to meet us, we're all quite friendly (well most of us!) and we make sure we have a really good time. The more the merrier. So come on!! Sign Up Here.... Let's agree a date and location and then sign up!!!

Look forward to seeing both old faces (I mean young) and new faces soon.

Paul.
Beaufighter Padyywac here, how do you get on the UK site of e90??
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
Beaufighter Padyywac here, how do you get on the UK site of e90??
ok in english how do i get all the uk threads? I dont seem to pick them up
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #21
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
ok in english how do i get all the uk threads? I dont seem to pick them up
Click HERE & use THIS as you e90post.com forum homepage in your favourites, Pads!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #22
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Click HERE & use THIS as you e90post.com forum homepage in your favourites, Pads!

Viv
Does that answer your question Paddy? Surprised you haven't raised the Welsh idea you had??

Beaufighter
Appreciate 0