E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > someone please help

06-08-2023, 08:08 AM   #1
Tennis01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

someone please help

e92 2011 328 i dropped off on trailer was getting crank no start looked as if there was some water damage watched a youtube video that explains how to jump terminal 37 38 39 because I was getting DME codes etc so I made jumper and car started but was blowing white smoke and gas what smells like was coming out the exhaust I'm being told that the car sat for about a year and I replaced the battery because it was also sitting in a pool of water about 4 in deep I drain the water of course used voltometr and tested all plugins and pins everywhere all of the sensors I replaced fuel injectors spark plugs and vanos solenoids camshaft sensor coil packs and then I got a really good deal on a new ECU,Cas,Key and once I plugged all that in the car fired up with super smooth idle car was still smoking like crazy but no gas coming from exhaust I let it run for about 45 minutes until it finally dissipated I closed up everything and decided to take it for a ride around the block when I pulled out of the parking lot smoke was blowing like crazy again but wasn't in limp mode/engine malfunction reduced power did a quick loop around the block with tons of smoke following me and quickly got it back into the parking lot to where it sits again I have a foxwell scanner and I am getting codes pertaining to master relay over voltage from the DME module that's after I took out that jumper wire when I was taking it around the block that jumper wire was still in I am a bunch of money into this car and all I want to do is drive it I'm almost sure of it that it's not a head gasket and I forgot to mention that the last owner told me that he broke off the oil pump housing bolt so before I did anything I backed out that broken bolt and replaced it with the same bolt about half an inch shorter which I don't think matters... also when I removed the jumper wire I was getting power back to 3738 39 terminal on fuse box and I felt that the overvoltage codes and stuff were due to that dumbass idea bypassing the DME or whatever that did right now the only codes I'm getting is DME Master relay and it cranks no start and sounds super healthy like it wants to start... I know this breakdown of what I know and have done so far is kind of all over the place but someone please help
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

It sounds like oil from the sump is getting through the CCV system and sucked into the combustion chambers. I would take the hose(s) of the CCV off the valve cover and see if it stops smoking.
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2023, 04:45 PM   #3
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
It sounds like oil from the sump is getting through the CCV system and sucked into the combustion chambers. I would take the hose(s) of the CCV off the valve cover and see if it stops smoking.
Sir I commend your dedication to reading that entire post with its lack of grammar and punctuation.

I got a headache after the first like 15 words and hit the eject button.

Because you endured that pain you earned some reputation from me, not that you are in any lack of reputation.
Appreciate 3
NZE90275.50
Efthreeoh17384.00
      06-08-2023, 07:01 PM   #4
NZE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis01 View Post
e92 2011 328 i dropped off on trailer was getting crank no start looked as if there was some water damage watched a youtube video that explains how to jump terminal 37 38 39 because I was getting DME codes etc so I made jumper and car started but was blowing white smoke and gas what smells like was coming out the exhaust I'm being told that the car sat for about a year and I replaced the battery because it was also sitting in a pool of water about 4 in deep I drain the water of course used voltometr and tested all plugins and pins everywhere all of the sensors I replaced fuel injectors spark plugs and vanos solenoids camshaft sensor coil packs and then I got a really good deal on a new ECU,Cas,Key and once I plugged all that in the car fired up with super smooth idle car was still smoking like crazy but no gas coming from exhaust I let it run for about 45 minutes until it finally dissipated I closed up everything and decided to take it for a ride around the block when I pulled out of the parking lot smoke was blowing like crazy again but wasn't in limp mode/engine malfunction reduced power did a quick loop around the block with tons of smoke following me and quickly got it back into the parking lot to where it sits again I have a foxwell scanner and I am getting codes pertaining to master relay over voltage from the DME module that's after I took out that jumper wire when I was taking it around the block that jumper wire was still in I am a bunch of money into this car and all I want to do is drive it I'm almost sure of it that it's not a head gasket and I forgot to mention that the last owner told me that he broke off the oil pump housing bolt so before I did anything I backed out that broken bolt and replaced it with the same bolt about half an inch shorter which I don't think matters... also when I removed the jumper wire I was getting power back to 3738 39 terminal on fuse box and I felt that the overvoltage codes and stuff were due to that dumbass idea bypassing the DME or whatever that did right now the only codes I'm getting is DME Master relay and it cranks no start and sounds super healthy like it wants to start... I know this breakdown of what I know and have done so far is kind of all over the place but someone please help
🤯🤯🤯 I've got a migraine after that so I'm no help at all.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17384.00
      06-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookalikehuuh View Post
Sir I commend your dedication to reading that entire post with its lack of grammar and punctuation.

Because you endured that pain you earned some reputation from me, not that you are in any lack of reputation.
Lol. Thanks. I just keyed in on the white smoke part and figured the engine is sucking oil from the sump.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 08:33 PM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Or a piston has a hole in it.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:39 PM   #7
StradaRedlands
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookalikehuuh View Post

I saw the wall of text and scrolled down to see if there was a solution that summarized the problem!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #8
StradaRedlands
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Help has arrived:

Appreciate 2
      06-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #9
bmwbob89
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI 04 325XI 740 88 M5

Yikes was a question. I would find out if you have a overcharging situation, Voltage regulator is usually the cause. If the exhaust is full of oil it is going to smoke for awhile until it burns off.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 07:50 AM   #10
Tennis01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

sorry about the confusing post as of right now it's a crank no start I clear the codes and what is showing up still is in pics below and after I changed the ECU cas and key I still have to code the dsc ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-10-2023, 10:17 AM   #11
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
e92 2011 328... I have a foxwell scanner... now the only codes I'm getting is DME Master relay and it cranks no start and sounds super healthy like it wants to start...
Maybe if we "Start Over", we can actually diagnose this issue.
1) Does "short description" above accurately reflect current issue: "Crank, No Start?

2) Does Foxwell NT510 Elite connect with DME with Ignition ON?

3) What Fault Codes does NT510 read in DME Fault Memory, or EKPS (Fuel Pump)? (Forget DSC for the moment).

4) Can NT510 display "Live Data" when connected to DME, such as Engine Temp, System Voltage, or Engine RPM during Starter Cranking?

5) Do you have Voltage at ONE of the sockets of fuse F37 with Ignition ON & F37 removed from its sockets on JB Fuse Panel?

With answers to those questions, we can suggest "Next Steps". I know you want to solve ALL of the issues Yesterday, but I would suggest: SLOOOW & Methodical.
George
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Maybe if we "Start Over", we can actually diagnose this issue.
1) Does "short description" above accurately reflect current issue: "Crank, No Start?

2) Does Foxwell NT510 Elite connect with DME with Ignition ON?

3) What Fault Codes does NT510 read in DME Fault Memory, or EKPS (Fuel Pump)? (Forget DSC for the moment).

4) Can NT510 display "Live Data" when connected to DME, such as Engine Temp, System Voltage, or Engine RPM during Starter Cranking?

5) Do you have Voltage at ONE of the sockets of fuse F37 with Ignition ON & F37 removed from its sockets on JB Fuse Panel?

With answers to those questions, we can suggest "Next Steps". I know you want to solve ALL of the issues Yesterday, but I would suggest: SLOOOW & Methodical.
George
Or all 6 spark plugs are fouled...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1