BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
steveaero
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Italian press release and prices (with opt)

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/0707...rie1_coupe.pdf
http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/bmw_serie1_coupe.pdf
Sorry, i don't know how easy it's the translation from the italian but there are a lot of interesting things that are missing in internet articles so for me it will be worth the trouble.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

EXCELLENT. ALL INFO ARE GREAT INFO. THANK YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
BMW_In_Future
Rep
Drives: Accord

is there any way to translate these 2 pdf's?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
bmmr_razr
Private
Rep
Drives:

Translation...

Have fun reading this translation...
i use http://translate.google.com

PAGE 1

The BMW new Series 1 Coupé.
Index.

Shortly........................................... .................... 2

The efficiency creates the true divertimento of guide:
the BMW new Series 1Coupé................................... 5
Technical data.............................................. ...... 22
External and inner dimensions................................. 24
Diagrams of power and brace.................................. 26

PAGE 2

Shortly.

• Constructed compact and dynamics Coupé on the base of the famous one BMW Series 1, 2+2 places, elevated agility and ease of handling thanks to posterior traction.

• Development of BMW Series 1; after the presentation in the spring of 2007 of the new models to 3 and 5 doors it follows now BMW new Series 1 Coupé.

• Concentration on the divertimento of efficient guide, continuation of the tradition of the Series BMW 02, modern interpretation and originates them of i typical values of the brand: the conception, the design and the technique of propulsion express a sport character.

• New understood it of the history of succeeding international of BMW Series 1; strongly increase of the total presence after the launch of BMW 135i Coupé also in the USA.

• New model top of range in the category of the compact ones, BMW 135i Coupé offers an excellent dynamics of bound together guide to the maximum efficiency, motor 3,0 liters six cylinders online with Twin Turbo and benzine direct injection of the second generation (High Precision Injection), 225 kW/306 CV.

• World-wide Preview of the new diesel motor 2,0 liters to four cylinders with Variable Twin Turbo (VTT), base in aluminum by weight lightened and Common-Rail injection of the third generation; BMW 123d Coupé it catches up the best relationship between dynamics and economic management.

• Participation to the strategy of development BMW EfficientDynamics thanks to the introduction of numerous exclusive innovations; relationship insuperato in the segment of belongings between guide performances and values of consumption, application of the measures of recovery of the refraining energy, the function Start/Stop Car, the power steering electrical worker, the pointer of the changed optimal point of, the control of the secondary groups according to to the requirementses. The diesel models are equip you of filter series antiparticolato mounted in the vicinities of the motor.

PAGE 3

• Design of coupé independent, dynamic and unmistakable, composed from an athletic body car with greenhouse strongly rear that transmits a lightness image, you hurl front courts, lengthened motor cowling, long step, marked profile, great doors without frame, BMW 135i Coupé is equipped of series with one aerodynamic package M leggermente modified.

• Luminous inner Design of and the spazioso one, moldings and coverings of the seats available in numerous colors and materials, divanetto posterior of ribaltabile series in the relationship of 60: 40.

• Wide equipment of series emergency: airbag, backs of the front seats and head rest under construction anticrash optimized reduce the risk of lesions in case of hits posterior, the structure of the auto body of the BMW new Series 1 catches up the best values in the tests of protection of consumer of all the world, like as an example in lateral collision IIHS.

• Offer of optional I excluded to you in the compact segment, as it arranges audio, of communication and navigation, interfaces AUX, USB and Bluetooth for to easy connect a MP3-player or a memory stick.

• Sophisticated Chassis with posterior traction, front axis in aluminum of the type Mac Pherson, rear axle to five arms under construction light in steel, dynamic Control of enclosed stability the dynamic Control of the traction, power steering to low energetic consumption, like optional Active Steering - an exclusive offer of BMW - optimization of the traction in BMW 135i Coupé and BMW 123d Coupé through a regulation electronic with effect of differentiates them self-locking.

• Motorizations:
BMW 135i Coupé: motor to benzine six cylinders online with Twin Turbo and
direct fuel injection (High Precision Injection),
piston displacement: 2.979 cm3, power: 225 kW/306 CV to 5.800 turns/min,
the maximum brace: 400 Nm to 1.300-5.000 turns/min,
acceleration (0-100 km/h): 5,3 second ones,
the maximum speed: 250 km/h (blocked electronically),
medium consumption UE: 9,2 litri/100 kilometers,
emissions of CO2 UE: 220 g/km.

PAGE 4

BMW 123d Coupé: diesel motor four cylinders online with Variable
Twin Turbo and Common-Rail injection, diesel antiparticolato filter of series,
piston displacement: 1.995 cm3,
power: 150 kW/204 CV to 4.400 turns/min,
the maximum brace: 400 Nm to 2.000-2.250 turns/min,
acceleration (0-100 km/h): 7,0 second ones,
the maximum speed: 238 km/h,
medium consumption UE: 5,2 litri/100 kilometers,
emissions CO2 UE: 138 g/km.

BMW 120d Coupé: diesel motor four cylinders online with supercharging
I upset and Common-Rail injection, diesel antiparticolato filter of series,
piston displacement: 1.995 cm3,
power: 130 kW/177 CV to 4.000 turns/min.,
the maximum brace: 350 Nm to 1.750-3.000 turns/min,
acceleration (0-100 km/h): 7,6 second ones,
the maximum speed: 228 km/h,
medium consumption UE: 4,8 litri/100 kilometers,
emissions CO2 UE: 128 g/km.

PAGE 5

The efficiency creates the true one divertimento of guide: the BMW new Series 1 Coupé. The BMW new Series 1 Coupé is concentrated on the true divertimento of guide. The two doors compact, from the athletic aspect, widen the range of BMW Series 1 that it has collected large happening during the last few years. It equips to you of powerful motors to benzine and diesel engine, it characterizes to you from an agile ease of handling and a provocative design, the new models invites to enjoy the moments sportswomen also in the every day traffic. Conceived like 2+2 places with a baggage car separated from the nside and a divanetto posterior of ribaltabile series in the relationship of 60: 40, BMW Series 1 Coupé offers a high level of functionality. To the center of the attention the guide pleasure is found: BMW Series 1 Coupé demonstrates as the divertimento of guide of a model can be intense compact, above all when it comes arranged with an exemplary efficiency. The divertimento is expressed above all in the BMW 135i Coupé that it catches up an only prestazionale level in the category of the compact ones. The model top of range, recognizable externally from the package aerodynamic M leggermente modified, supplied of series, and to the labbro on spoiler (gurney), it comes fed from a motor 3,0 liters six cylinders online with Twin Turbo and benzine direct injection of the second generation (High Precision Injection). 225 kW/306 CV and one the maximum brace of 400 newtonmetri they create the perfect premises in order to define of the new parameters of reference in the field of guide dynamics. The propeller I upset always ready to distribute the demanded power, that it has been rewarded in two categories and in classifies end with the “Engine of the Year-Award” 2007, is the symbol of the typical one appeals to of guide of BMW. It upgrades them sport of BMW 135i Coupé offers one excellent relation to level of management economy. The two doors the whose dynamic performances not not even the comparison with the models of automotive categories advanced, it accelerates in single 5,3 second ones from 0 to 100 km/h. The medium consumption of fuel in the test cycle UE is of single 9,2 liters for 100 kilometers. The BMW 123d Coupé, in whose cowling celebrates the own world-wide preview the new diesel propeller 2,0 liters four cylinders with Variable Twin Turbo and Common-Rail injection, catches up one new dimension of dynamics efficient. The motor constructed entire in aluminum distributes one power of 150 kW/204 CV and concur of the performances sport that are expressed to example in an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 7,0 second ones. With one medium consumption only 5,2 liters for 100 kilometers in cycle ECE and a value of CO2 of 138 grams for kilometer, BMW 123d Coupé makes sure the first one place in the own category. These values of tip have had to the high efficiency

PAGE 6

of the new motor and to the numerous participations of series that have optimized the management of the energy in the entire car. Also these measures make part of the strategy of development BMW EfficientDynamics that comes gradually introduced in the varying new of motor of all the constructive series and determines one greater power accompanied from a strong discouragement of the values of consumption and the emissions. The two motorizations top of range come completed from a propeller diesel engine. Like varying more economic of the two doors sport, BMW 120d complete Coupé the range of products at the moment of launch of model. The power of 130 kW/177 CV, distributed from the diesel motor to four cylinders, the medium consumption of 4,8 liters for 100 kilometers and a value of CO2 of 128 grams for kilometer define the reference parameter in this automotive category to level of efficiency and emissions of CO2.

BMW Series 1 Coupé: agile and efficient on the wake of BMW 02.
With the introduction of BMW Series 1, available now like sedan to spiovente tail to three and five doors, BMW has widened with succeeding the range of models towards the bottom, offering, the first and currently only model to posterior traction in the segment of the compact ones. The Coupé version emphasizes the sport character of BMW Series 1 to level of agility and ease of handling. The pregi of the compact dimensions and the low weight they come takes advantage of to you with coherence in order to optimize guide dynamics. The car, moreover, offers the perfect premises in order to join the parameters of dynamics of guide to the efficiency. It is not before the time that BMW takes advantage of the income in one category automotive inferior in order to bring a greater divertimento to you of guide. BMW introduced Series 02 in 1966 comes still today considered premonitory to level of agility and dynamics of guide. A posterior traction, of the powerful motors and space for four persons, these were the elementary characteristics that have determined for beyond 12 years the happened one of the series of models. The design was characterized from dynamic proportions with a front jolt short, one marked line of shoulder, a lengthened motor cowling and a long step, of the stilemi that they assure, in one key of modern interpretation, an only image also in BMW Series 1 Coupé. An other fascinating parallel: with the special edition BMW 2002 Turbo, posizionata over BMW 2002, the model top of range of BMW Series 02, to the age it already came offered a version with of the entusiasmanti dynamic performances that rendered it imbattibile also on the circuit. A modern interpretation of this concept in a new automotive category is BMW 135i equipped Coupé of a motor Twin Turbo from 225 kW/306 CV.

PAGE 7

Departure in the USA: BMW Series 1 is transformed in a model of happening total.

The launch of BMW Series 1 Coupé has been legacy to the introduction of BMW Series 1 like model of base in the USA. With the debut of BMW 135i Coupé the concept of a sport divertimento of lived guide in a compact automobile will make fury also on the market American. A BMW Series 1 continues therefore just the succeeding way of world-wide. With the preview in the USA it strongly increases the presence in the markets international.

External design: much distinguishing from the models of the competition.

The BMW new Series 1 Coupé door ahead the formal language of the series constructive. Its proportions assure them an only image in the segment of the compact automobiles. The lengthened front cowling, the rear nside - the so-called one greenhouse - and the short tail create one strongly difference between the two doors and all the models of the competition. Its image strongly personalized it reflects an only concept on the generis. The external design with superficial dynamics, passaruota bombati and the long doors without frame they emphasize to level of design the posterior traction, offer in this segment exclusively from BMW. The version top of range, BMW 135i Coupé, it is distinguished aesthetically for one modified aerodynamic package M and labbro on the cowling of the baggage car, single fornibile with the motorization top of range of the diesel models. Moreover, for BMW Series 1 Coupé has been developed in exclusive right the new varnish Sedonarot Metallic. The varnish offer comes completed from eight metalized inks and three colors standard.

The facade is adorned from typical elements of the series of models.

The design of the facade identifies the Coupé new immediately like member of BMW Series 1. The design of the grill of the radiator, typical double the BMW kidney with the chromium plated frame the many marked and groups optical are identical to the other models. Also the circular floodlights bixeno, available like optional, included luminous rings of the diurnal light, they characterize the Coupé like one true BMW.

Rigid body of the auto body and greenhouse that it arouses a lightness impression.

The sport profile of the BMW new Series 1 Coupé is contraddistinto from one series of characteristic lines. The line of shoulder under the surface of crystals is revealed like the marked element in the profile sight. The passaruota strongly bombati they emphasize superficial concave/the convex ones of the flanks. The edges a lot emphasizes to you emphasizes, with to the muscolosi mudguards, the sportività of BMW Series 1 Coupé.

PAGE 8

An other typical element of a Coupé di BMW is the mounting second dark, covered of glass that creates a contrast with the rigidity of the auto body, lightening aesthetically the greenhouse. An other element of design that it donates ulterior dynamics to BMW is the famous “elbow of the engineer Hofmeister”. Also the course of the line of the roof that meets in an acute angle the intentionally held tail short is typical for one coupè. The long door without frame and the tilted strongly mounting second move the aesthetic barycentre towards the rear axle.

Of the horizontal edges on which it is reflected the light donates to the tail its muscoloso character.
The BMW new Series 1 Coupé distinguishes for one muscolosa tail in which the third light of stop is integrated also. The cowling of the baggage car it has been completed from an aerodynamic edge that of it emphasizes the character sportsman; the short tail improves moreover the deportanza of the rear axle in the guide to high speed.

The inner configuration of the posterior beacons to L follows the guideline horizontal of the lines in the zone of the tail. The directional pointer and lights retromarcia have been realize like a tape white man to you. Moreover, in the posterior lights they are integrated of the horizontal luminous bars fed from elettroluminescenti diode valves (LED) that they emit one homogenous light. This element of design, famous already from other constructive series, assures the riconoscibilità of BMW Series 1 Coupé to the buio. Also the lights of the brakes to two intensity are a typical element of BMW that of it increases the emergency in the street traffic.

Interior the design is characterized from soft curvings and horizontal lines.
Inner of BMW the Series 1 Coupé offers an luminous atmosphere, to the contempo solid and high-quality. Of the dynamic horizontal elements they create the formal nexus between the front and posterior zone. The nside that receives until four persons confers to the car an atmosphere, found of single norm in the advanced automotive categories. The cockpit is characterized from stiff lines and superficial widths. The advanced zone of plancia the portastrumenti is in black color. A refined structure, to natural effect, emphasizes the elevated quality. The realized inferior section of the plancia, to second of the preferences, in the colors black, gray or beige emphasizes the horizontal guideline of the design, transmitting therefore one spaciousness feeling.

PAGE 9

The console of the commandos of the system of entertainment and the air conditioning it is integrated harmonically in the plancia through soft curvings and single fluid passages between the superficial ones. The Controller of the system of commandos iDrive, available like optional, has been integrated from BMW traditionally in the console centers them. Superficial galvanized in pearl polishes have been inserted as an example in the apriporta inner, the opening of the drawer portaguanti, in the grip handles of the radio and the system of air conditioning, fornibile like optional, in the iDrive Controller and flying in skin the Sport, available at call.

The equipment in Boston skin, available like optional, emphasizes ulteriorly the image. In the inferior part of the doors a practical pocket for the street papers is integrated.

Four places and much space for the personalizzazione.
In the posterior zone, BMW Series 1 Coupé is equipped of series with two seats separates to you that they offer to the passengers elevating comfort. Poggiabraccio and the inserti of stoffa or similpelle of the lateral coverings they resume the design of the inner panels of the doors. Between the two seats one is inserted vaschetta portaoggetti.

In order to bind together of the inner ones to the color of the auto body and to emphasize the style staff, BMW Series 1 Coupé offers four different coverings for i seats: two combinations of stoffa, one of stoffa/skin and one in skin, all abbinabili with the three colors of base and the nine colors of preparation. The inner moldings are available in six different versions, between which the brushed aluminum, a wood of particularly elegant poplar, a titanium from the look much technician, a Dimamantschwarz I polish and Kaschimsilber.

BMW 135i Coupé with aerodynamic package.
To the aim to create a difference also to aesthetic level, BMW 135i Coupé, the version top of range of the varying new of model, comes equipped of series of one optimized aerodynamic package M. The grembialatura front with air inlet they centers increased emphasizes the sport nature of the car. The two air inlet lateral are separated from the other, subdivided horizontally from a crossbar and limited from flap leggermente it rises to you that they ulteriorly emphasize the wide snout of BMW 135i Coupé. BMW 135i Coupé is the only model of the series with of the crossbars of kidney double chromium plated. The lateral bands sottoporta of BMW 135i Coupé are much marked.

An additional edge that reflects the light of it emphasizes the cuneiform line. In the inferior section of the tail of BMW 135i Coupé one are integrated file color anthracite. Regarding the others varying of model, in the zone of

PAGE 10

wheels the tail is folded more towards the inside, therefore to emphasize wide track. A labbro additional - called “gurney” in the world of the race - the aerodynamics optimizes. The coverings of finish them of drainage are held in black chromium.

Efficient dynamics with a two turbodiesel and motor to benzine.
The motors of BMW Series 1 Coupé offer a dynamics coupling, efficiency and roundness of exclusive operation in the segment of belongings. This is worth is for the two representatives of the new generation of motors turbodiesel to four cylinders that for the propulsori six cylinders to benzine. All the three motors offer one high power and of the values of consumption and emissions clearly more bottoms. In the comparison with competition, ognuna of the three varying of model catches up a tip position, is in the performances that in the consumption values. Thanks to the extremely favorable relation between power and economy of management, the new BMW Series 1 Coupé emphasizes in attractive way the happened one of the strategy of development BMW EfficientDynamics.

In adding to the participations brings you to the motor (reduction of the inner frictions, new configuration of the combustion chambers, optimization of mixture formation through the injection of the Common-Rail type or, in the versions benzine, High Precision Injection, precise control of combustion and of the conduction of the air) a series of measures in the car produces of the important advantages to level of the consumptions.

BMW 135i Coupé offers one energy concentration thanks to the technique Twin Turbo.
The model top of range of the series is BMW 135i Coupé, fed from first motor six cylinders online of the world with Twin Turbo, High Precision Injection and base constructed entire in aluminum. Now more powerful version of the motorizations to six BMW cylinders is available also for the BMW new Series 1 Coupé.

225 kW/306 CV distribute to you from one rolled of 2.979 cubic centimeters concur to catch up one dynamics of extraordinary guide. BMW 135i Coupé it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 5,3 second ones. Its maximum speed is limited electronically to 250 km/h. The maximum brace of 400 newtonmetri is available in a wide field of regimen - from 1.300 turns/min. to 5.000 turns/min. - and it characterizes the elevated elasticity of the propeller from 3,0 liters. The medium fuel consumption based on norm UE is of 9,2 liters of super benzine for 100 kilometers. BMW 135i Coupé becomes therefore the car with more low fuel consumption of the own category of power and a particularly fascinating example of efficient dynamics.

PAGE 11

Deployment of comparabile power to that one of an inhaled motor of clearly advanced piston displacement.
I use of two turbocompressori that feed everyone three cylinders it determines of the spontaneous reactions never known before in the motors I upset. A great advantage of the turbocompressori of small dimensions is theirs low inertia moment. The typical one I upset-lag of the supercharged engines to you of the past - that is the interval that passes until that I upset unfolds just the effect of power increase - more is not perceived. In the guide, characteristics of the performances of the propeller I upset of BMW 135i Coupé they are similar to the distribution of power of an inhaled motor of piston displacement clearly advanced.

The concept of inhaled motor would have concurred to catch up a level of comparabile dynamics only through an sensitive increase of the piston displacement, with relative increase of the weight and impact negative on the equilibrium of the car and the fuel consumption. I use of the technique Twin Turbo instead, exacta to the High Precision Injection, constitutes one particularly measure efficient in order to satisfy of the criteria still more it elevates you than power and brace motor.

The High Precision Injection saves until the ten percento of fuel.
The High Precision Injection plays a role centers them in uses it possibly thrifty of the fuel. Thanks to the second generation of the injection directed of benzine, the motor Twin Turbo distributes one greater power without to consume more fuel and without that of risentano the dynamic qualities. The position of the injectors in the head cylinders in the immediate vicinities of the candles up to now concurs a dosage of the fuel with one precision never caught up. Regarding a motor I upset of the same power with injection in the induction manifold, the propeller of BMW 135i Coupé introduces an advantage of consumption of the ten percento approximately.

BMW 123d Coupé: the best values than efficiency and power.
To level of deployment of power and values of consumption, the new propeller to four cylinders of BMW 123d Coupé with Variable Twin Turbo is risen to of the completely new dimensions. With one rolled of 1.995 centimeters cubes and a power of 150 kW/204 CV, is the first constructed diesel motor entire in aluminum that distributes one power of beyond 100 CV for liter of piston displacement. Moreover, it is the first diesel engine of just the segment equipped of Variable Twin Turbo and catches up the own maximum power to 4.400 turns/min. The maximum brace of 400 newtonmetri is available already to 2.000 turns/min.

PAGE 12

With one 238 the maximum speed of km/h and an acceleration value gives 0 to 100 km/h of 7,0 second ones, the propeller offers to the new BMW 123d Coupé of the truly only performances of guide. This progression, exacta to the medium consumption of 5,2 liters of fuel for 100 kilometers in cycle UE, they illustrate the happened one of the strategy of development BMW EfficientDynamics. Moreover, with of the emissions only 138 grams of CO2 for kilometer, BMW 123d Coupé makes sure one position of tip in the own automotive category.

Introduction of the technology Variable Twin Turbo in a motor to four cylinders.
A shape of maggiorazione of the particularly efficient power offers the technology to it Variable Twin Turbo. This technique comes defined also supercharging to double stage and had been used in only passed in the diesel propulsori of BMW to six cylinders. In the BMW new Series 1 Coupé, the principle comes introduced for before the time also in a motor to four cylinders.

The unit of supercharging of the Variable Twin Turbo is composed gives turbocompressore great and one small that provision with the air to the four cylinders. Thanks at the low moment of inertia, the turbocompressore small already assures a high elasticity to advanced regimes leggermente lessened. To advanced regimes it enters in function I upset larger, increasing the power ulteriorly. Thanks to this configuration, the effect I upset without delay manifest.

The motor 2,0 liters is the first BMW propeller with injection a direct Common-Rail fuel in which the piezoelectric injectors spray the fuel to one pressure of 2.000 bars. Since the fuel comes dosed from seven nozzles in every cylinder in a maximum of three injections, during the useful cycle the flame propaga slowly, with a positive impact above all on roundness of operation of the diesel motor. This combination of dynamics and economic management, that it has increased permanently the importance of the diesel motor, catches up a new level also in the field of the propulsori to four cylinders.

Compressor with variable geometry of the turbine in BMW 120d Coupé.
The propeller of BMW 120d Coupé has a turbocompressore to gas of drainage which assures, thanks to variable geometry of the turbine, an optimal deployment of power in all the ranges of load. A servomotore electrical worker the position of the shovels of the turbine to the requirementses adapted with a maximum precision in fractions of second, therefore to guarantee the prontezza of answer

PAGE 13

to low regimes and a high power fully loaded. The maximum pressure of supercharging piles to 2,55 bars. The diesel fuel comes fed to the piezoelectric injectors that work to one pressure of 1.800 bars.

The four cylinders distributes from one rolled of 1.995 cubic centimeters one power of 130 kW/177 CV to 4.400 turns/min. The maximum brace of 350 newtonmetri is available between the 1,750 and 3,000 turns/min. The new BMW 120d Coupé it catches up the maximum speed of 228 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7,6 second ones. The fuel consumption is incredibly low: 4,8 liters for 100 kilometers. Exemplary are also the emissions with a CO2 value only 128 grams for kilometer.

The propulsori of the new BMW 123d Coupé and the new BMW 120d Coupé they are much lighter of the traditional diesel motors to four cylinders. The greatest saving than weight has been caught up constructing the base in aluminum with of canes in grey cast iron joined thermally. This measure of optimization of the construction does not only have a positive effect on the operating costs of the car. The smaller weight of the motor favors also the harmonic division of the masses between the aces and one better agility.

The propulsori turbodiesel of series equip you of antiparticolato filter.
In their quality of representatives of the new generation of diesel motors, the propulsori of BMW 123d Coupé and BMW 120d Coupé are it equips to you of series of a mounted diesel antiparticolato filter in the vicinities of the motor that assures the optimization of the emissions also to level of propulsion.

The recovery of the refraining energy reduces the consumption and increases the divertimento of guide.
All varying of BMW the Series 1 Coupé offers on the European market they decide of a recovery system of the energy refraining realized through one intelligent regulation of the alternator. In the BMW new Series 1 Coupé, the principle of the recovery of the refraining energy previews that the battery it comes recharged, once caught up a level of loads minimum, solo in is made of refrained release and of and comes electrically detached in is made of acceleration. This means that more motor power for the leggendario is available appeals to of guide of BMW and that to the contempo they come reduced the emissions of CO2.

The idea of the intelligent management of the energy is comparabile to the management of one centers them electrical worker to accumulates. Of night, it centers it accumulates them the energy to low cost in lagos crafts them to mount and by day it uses it in order to overwhelm the requirementses peaks. In the recovery of the refraining energy of the new

PAGE 14

BMW Series 1 Coupé, the principle determines a location of is made of more convenient guide from the energetic point of view, that they come used in order to store the current in the battery and to yield it, when comes demanded, to the edge net.

To the aim to maximize the duration of life of the battery and to compensate the greater production of current, the intelligent management of the energy previews uses it of the new technology of batteries AGM and of the so-called the cycles of regeneration. After a determined number it is made of loads and of discharge, the battery comes subordinate to a higher tension to impulses that creates of true and the own ones it is made of regeneration.

The function of Start/Stop Car reduces is made of operation lessened.
In the cars to manual change fed from one of the new motors to four cylinders, the function of Start/Stop Car increases the efficiency, above all in the city traffic. The system extinguishes the motor automatically when not servants, therefore that as an example when the firm machine to the semaforo is come annulled the instantaneous consumption. When the guide moves the gear lever in the position to crowds and removes the foot from the clutch, the electronics of the motor extinguish the propeller silently. For riavviarlo he is sufficient to press the pedal of the clutch. Since it comes conserved the boost pressure, the motor riavvia in fractions of second without that an additional participation of the guide becomes necessary.

The new functions of BMW Series 1 Coupé offer the optimal premises for use efficient of the fuel also during the guide. For this purpose, the varying new of BMW Series 1 Coupé decide of a pointer of changed optimal point of. To second of the guide situation, the electronics of the motor calculate the optimal moment of change march from the point of view of the fuel consumption. A symbol to arrow that is illuminated in instrumentation arranged with indication of the optimal march informs guide on the changed optimal moment of.

The mechanical separation of the secondary groups concurs to save of the energy.
The other measures of energetic saving work automatically. As an example, the BMW new Series 1 Coupé with motors four diesel cylinders is equipped of an active commando of the fins of cooling in the grill of the radiator. When the motor does not have cooling requirementses, the fins come sluices, therefore to improve considerably the aerodynamics and to reduce ulteriorly the consumptions.

PAGE 15

A series of secondary groups, moreover, comes managed in dependency of the effective requirementses, saving therefore energy. The commando electrical worker of power steering EPS (Electric Power Steering) only consumes energy when he is necessary a servoassistenza, therefore only when flying comes effectively moved. In the guide in rectilinear or the constant guide in curve without movements of flying it does not come consumed of the energy. Also the new pump electrical worker of means of cooling does not work in dependency of the regimen but comes activated in dependency of the temperature only when it is truly necessary. Also these measures contribute to to increase the rendering of the motor. With a power absorption only 200 Watt, comes consumed approximately solo a tenth one of the energy of drive of the traditional pumps that moreover must be generated constantly. The transmission to chain of the compressor of the climatizzatore is fortified of one clutch: when it comes extinguished the climatizzatore, the compressor comes detached automatically, therefore to diminish the dragging moment of the compressor.

Efficient dynamics also with the automatic gearshift.
In alternative to the manual change, BMW 120d Coupé can be ordered at call with a automatic gearshift to six relationships; others varying of motors will follow in future. The automatic gearshift is equipped with one new technique of the converter with torsionale antishaker that reduces the losses of energy and concurs to realize times of reaction and of changed more courts. Therefore also in the version with automatic transmission BMW Series 1 Coupé transmits a feeling of sport guide.

Sophisticated chassis with new differentiates them.
The BMW new Series 1 Coupé unloads the power of the motor through posterior wheels in the typical BMW style. This constructive principle - motor front, posterior traction - assures the optimal traction, one balanced division of the weights, an excellent stability of trajectory and an optimal ease of handling. Moreover, the separation of the functions of propulsion and of steering creates a extremely agile behavior of guide.

The rear axle of BMW Series 1 Coupé has been realized like construction to five arms tarato in order to satisfy the criteria you mail from particularly powerful motors and of high brace and which offers a guide of the wheels particularly precise. The result is to ele vata efficiency in the total calibration of the car. Moreover, it comes assured the optimal acoustic isolation of the drive shaft.

It differentiates them of the Coupé makes part of a new generation of differentiates them that they have been optimizes to you to level of operation. For before the time they have been uses you of the oblique bearings to double spheres that they lower

PAGE 16

temperature of exercise; since in Carter of it differentiates them is now a quantitative oil inferior, the temperature of exercise comes caught up more quickly. Both the measures promote the functionality and the duration of life. The new ones differentiate them are of minor block and concur to transmit forces of the 10 percento advanced.

Also the front axis of BMW Series 1 Coupé is distinguished for a level constructive only in the category of the compact ones. The front axis of type Mac Pherson to double quantity snodo with stabilizzatrice bar is realized nearly entire in aluminum. This construction offers the ideal combination of elevated rigidity and bottom weight; beyond to the high stability of the arms and the crosspieces and to the precise guide of the wheel, also this is a contribution to dynamics of guide.

Varying of base BMW 120d Coupé is available with circles in alloy from 16 inches, BMW 123d Coupé is equipped of series of circles in alloy from 17 inches. Both models introduce of the tires us to friction to reduced tumbling that they ulteriorly contribute to pull down the consumption of fuel. The range version top, BMW 135i Coupé, comes supplied with circles in alloy from 18 inches that of it emphasize the active character. Moreover, BMW 135i Coupé offers of series a sport order M and one system refraining to high performances, composed in the front axis from fixed pliers to 6 pistons and in the rear axle from fixed pliers to 2 pistons.

Elevated precision of guide thanks to the power steering.
The varying new diesel to four cylinders of BMW Series 1 Coupé are equipped of power steering series electrical worker EPS (Electric Power Steering) with function of integrated Servotronic that servoassistenza realizes one working in dependency of the speed. System EPS increases the precision of guide to high speeds and the comfort to low speeds. Moreover, the new system of steering lowers the fuel consumption: in fact, with the exception of the traditional systems mechanic-hydraulic engineers, the servoassistenza comes realized from one electromotive single assets in case of effective requirementses, therefore when it comes set in action flying.

Like optional, BMW Series 1 Coupé is available also with the exclusive feature world-wide Active Steering that adapted the demoltiplicazione to the steering to speed. As an example, in the parking maneuvers effort is sufficient one minimum in order to turn flying. To advanced speeds the steering becomes little directed, therefore to improve of the sensibility and the fidelity of trajectory.

PAGE 17

Programs of dynamics of guide for a perfect control of car.
The order of BMW Series 1 Coupé of it emphasizes the dynamic character and sportsman, guarantees a high precision of steering and guide until the field limit of guide physics. The series equipment previews the system antiblocking (ABS) of the brakes, the Automatic control of stability (ASC) that drive wheel prevents the sliding of one in the phase of starter. The Cornering Brake Control (CBC), also of series, stabilizes the car in curve. These functions make part of the system of regulation of the stability Dynamic control of stability (DSC) that it refrains single wheels or it reduces power of the motor and avoids, in particularly impegnative situations, the sideslip of the car in tail (sovrasterzo) or through the wheels front (understeering). Obviously, these functions do not compromise the dynamic character of the BMW new Series 1 Coupé. Through one connection in net with the Active Steering, fornibile like optional, the system protegge against one sideslip of the car in refrained case of on deep street with different coefficients of friction (refrained µ-split) emitting an impulse to the steering in the opposite direction.

A sottofunzione of system DSC is constituted from the Dynamic modality Traction Control (DTC) that it optimizes the push. Regarding the base calibration, the system tolerates a greater sliding of the drive wheels, increasing therefore the thresholds of participation of the DSC. The car is in a position to leaving also on deep snow with of the wheels that slip leggermente. Moreover, the modality DTC concurs of the greater transverse accellerations until a drift controlled in curve. In necessity case, the guide can disattivare completely he arranges DSC.

The function of block of differentiates them controlled from the software it improves the traction of BMW 135i Coupé and BMW 123d Coupé.
To the aim to guarantee the high push better to powers of the motor and high braces, for the new BMW 135i Coupé and the new BMW 123d Coupé are been developed one series of measures in order to optimize of the traction. To the center of the participations sport and ambitious guide was the objective to support one style of, as an example the accelerations in escape from curves and hairpin curves. In order to improve traction of the drive wheels in strong sliding in the DSC-Off modality, that is quand o il DSC viene disattivato completamente, esse vengono frenate dalla funzione bloccante del differenziale controllata dal software. Questa soluzione tecnica promuove la spinta della vettura senza comprometterne il comportamento autosterzante.

PAGE 18

The new BMW 135i Coupé is equipped of series with a sport order. This is not all: also the calibration of the systems of guide stability ASC and DSC have happened holding account of the particularly sport character. Moreover, the range model top has one characteristic line of the accelerator much directing.

The high level of emergency exceeds the international standards.
The concept of emergency of BMW Series 1 Coupé is based on the sturdy one auto body of the entire constructive series. Altoresistenziali steels, the structure of the auto body of the Coupé and the elements of deformation contribute to respect of all the valid norms of the law in the international markets and to create the premises in order to achieve of turns out to you excellent in all the main ones test of protection of the consumer. As an example, in the test of lateral collision IIHS us the maximum score attends.

Six airbag of series they offer optimal protection to the occupants of the new BMW Series 1 Coupé. To second of the intensity of the collision, the airbag frontal they swell in two stages. In case of lateral collision, the airbag lateral integrated in the backs of the front seats they reduce the risk of lesions in the zone of thorax and of the river basin. The airbag to curtain (“Curtain”) inserted in the sky of the roof proteggono she is the occupants in the front seats that the passengers repair to you in the divanetto posterior.

In more, the BMW new Series 1 Coupé is equipped of series of seats to optimized protection anticrash. Of the head rest and the pillows of the backs more swell considerably reduce the risk of lesion of the occupants in case of collision of the tail of the car.

All the seats are complete of automatic belts to three points and head rest. The implantation of the points of attachment of the belts in the chassis of the seat of the guide and the passenger always assures that the belt protegga in optimal way the river basin, independently from the height of the seat. Through the movement behind of the pedals and the deformation of the poggiapiede, in case of frontal collision it comes reduced the risk for the guide of lesions to the legs.

Level premium in the equipment.
BMW Series 1 Coupé emphasizes just the character premium in the fields of comfort and of the emergency through one series of equipment details that up to now they were reserves you to the advanced automotive classes. As an example, main the optical groups bixeno and the Adaptive Light Control with integrated adjustable beacons, both available ones like optional, render still surer the guide to the buio. The diurnal light - realized in the BMW style with two rings luminous in every floodlight - the riconoscibilità of the car increases to light conditions diffused predecay or. In refrained case of of emergency,

PAGE 19

the vehicles that follow come inform you from the light of the brakes to two intensity with series optical LED. Moreover, the posterior seats are equip you of series of anchorages ISOFIX for the seats of the children.

Since the modern diesel propulsori of BMW are not distinguished nearly more to level of deployment of power and noisiness from the models to benzine, in case not acquaintance of the car - as an example when she comes rented a machine - there is the risk to rabboccare the mistaken fuel. In BMW 120d Coupé and BMW 123d Coupé it has been inserted to this scope a special device in bocchettone of the tank that the single refueling with the distributing diesel engine concurs, of greater diameter.

iDrive widened and integration of an external MP3-player.
The system of commando iDrive, available like optional, concurs to control in simple way through the Controller at call centers them - also to commando vocal - all the secondary functions and of comfort, like the communication, the system of air conditioning, entertainment and the navigation system, available at call. In BMW Series 1 Coupé the system iDrive it is completed moreover from eight Preferred keys to free programming that they concur to load the functions more frequent I use - goals of navigation, radio stations or numbers of telephone memorizza you - pressing simply a push-button. Already grazing the key, that is still before to press it, the sensors mounts to you inside evidences the function to the screen Foldable TFT, incastonato in the plancia. The wished function can to be selected therefore in comfortable and precise way. The look remains always in the march direction.

When BMW Series 1 Coupé is not equipped of navigation system, but he has been ordered the package portaoggetti, available like optional, the space in the previewed advanced section of the plancia for screen TFT foldable it comes used for one vaschetta portaoggetti additional that it arranges is of a cover that of a lighting system.

The systems audio available for BMW Series 1 Coupé make part of more sophisticated of the belongings segment.
A program of entertainment much rich one comes offered also from interface USB, available like optional in adding to series connector AUX, that it as an example allows to integrate in the audio system an external MP-player like an Apple iPod. Moreover, it is possible to connect also a USB-stick in order to reproduce with the audio system of the machine the music rows memorizza you. The control and the musical selection happen through the screen and the iDrive Controller; in the cars without iDrive the commando happens directly through the radio. If an automobile is equipped of a bracciolo centers them, the unit of external reproduction can be inserted in a special pocket that is found in the inferior section of the bracciolo, therefore be protect against eventual damagings.

PAGE 20

Seats of adjustable series in height and divanetto posterior ribaltabile.
The equipment of series of BMW Series 1 Coupé comprises of the seats adjustable in height for guide and passenger, therefore like of alzacristalli the electrical workers. The pockets in order to deposit of the street papers integrated in the inner panels of the portaguanti doors and the drawer are adapted with their dulled shapes to the sweet course of the lines in the inner ones - and they offer moreover more space in order to deposit of the objects. Two hooks for the fixed dressed ones of mounting series in the second ones concur to hang jackets and coats to hand capacity.

The nets for the street papers in the backs of the seats front, available at call, and a vaschetta of series between the two posterior seats, they increase ulteriorly the comfort. As optional it is available one bag gives modular, inseribile ski in the zone centers them of the posterior back. The back of the posterior seats is ribaltabile of series in relationship 60: 40 - one characteristic rare in the coupé - therefore to increase the volume of the baggage car that piles to 370 liters. One gas mantle for the baggages of series and the tapes and optional eyelets of implantation assure the stowage of the baggage without that these slides. Moreover, a connector from 12 Volt, available at call, it concurs to arrange in the baggage car also of the external apparatuses, like to example a frigobox.

Still more dynamics and marked design with package M Sport.
The guides of BMW Series 1 Coupé with particularly sport nature they can impreziosire their car to aesthetic and dynamic level with of i members of the program of BMW M GmbH. As optional he is available package M Sport that part, in one version ago modified, of the equipment of series of BMW 135i Coupé. Package M Sport is composed from aerodynamic package M that comprises i front bumper and posterior, of the special spars sottoporta and the beacons fog light. The external varnish the Mans Blau Metallic comes only offered with package M Sport.

The Shadow Line polishes contained in the package confers to the design of i lateral crystals a particularly sport touch. The offer comprises moreover circles in alloy M in two styling different. The range of wheels available varied from 7 x 17 inches until 8,5 x 18 inches for the tires us until one dimension of 245/35 R18.

The seats Sport of series in package M Sport offer one greater lateral deduction and is covers of a special coupling stoffa/similpelle of inspiration much sportswoman and is ordinabili, at call, also with the equipment in Boston skin. One of the fundamental elements of package M Sports of BMW Series 1 Coupé are sport order M that greater traction assures one and a smaller lateral coricamento of the car,

PAGE 21

the battitacchi with logo the M, flying in skin M and poggiapiede the M for the left foot of the guide. The soffietti of the brake and gear lever of parking, therefore like the taken one of the brake of parking, is rifiniti of series in one valuable Nappa skin. The sky of the roof of the package M Sport is color anthracite. For the inner ones, package M Sport previews moreover of the moldings in Glaciersilber aluminum that emphasize the character sportsman of the cockpit.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
bmmr_razr
Private
Rep
Drives:

Translation...continued

PAGE 22

Technical data.
BMW Series 1 Coupé 135i.

Auto body 135i
Number doors/places 2/4
Lungh. /largh. /alt. (empty) milimeter 4.360/1.748/1.408
Step milimeter 2.660
Track ant. /post. milimeter 1.470/1.497
Light from earth milimeter -
Steered diameter m 10,7
Ability tank approximately l 53
Radiator with heating l 8,2
Motor oil l 6,5
Oil differentiates them l long-life
Mass to empty UE1 l long-life
Payload DIN kg 1.560
Total weight legal DIN kg 440
Cargo for axis ant. /post. kg 1.925
Cargo trainabile2 kg 945/1.030 refrained (12%) /non refrained -/
Cargo on tetto/a rudder kg 75
Ability baggage car ISO 3832 kg 370
Aerodynamic resistance cX x To 0,32 x 2,10
Motor Type/cylinders/valves in linea/6/4
Preparation fuel MSD80
Effective piston displacement cm_ 2.979
Race/bore milimeter 89,9/84,0
Jam: 1 10,2
Fuel octanes 95-98
Power kW/CV 225/306
to turns turns/min 5.800
Brace Nm 400 to turns turns/min 1.300-5.000
System electrical worker Battery/Ah/- center 70/bagagliaio
Alternator A/W 180/2.520
Suspensions Front suspension Mac Pherson in aluminum
Posterior suspension to five arms, in light steel alloy
Front brakes to disc, from fixed pliers to 6 pistons
Diameter milimeter autoventilati/338 x 26
Posterior brakes to disc, from fixed pliers to 2 pistons
Diameter milimeter autoventilati/324 x 22
Systems of stability ABS, CBC, ASC, DSC, DTC, DBC;
Steering to pinion and cremagliera Relationship of demoltiplicazione: 1 16,0
Change G
Relationships: 1 4,055
II: 1 2,396
III: 1 1,582
IV: 1 1,192
V: 1 1,0
VI: 1 0,872
R: 1 3,677
Final relationship: 1 3,08
215/40 front tires R18 85Y RSC 245/35
posterior tires R18 88Y RSC
Front circles 7,5J x 18 in alloy
Posterior circles 8,5J x 18 in alloy
Performances Relationship mass/power DIN kg/kW 6,6
Specific power kW/l 75,5
Acceleration
0-100 km/h - s 5,3
0-1.000 m s 24,6
80-120 km/h in 4. /5. 80 s 5,0/6,0
The maximum speed km/h 250
Consumption in cycle UE
city l/100 km 13,0
extracity l/100 km 7,0
total l/100 km 9,2 CO2 g/km 220
Several Emissions Euro 4

1Peso of the machine in order of march (DIN) more 75 kg for the guide and baggages.
2Sono possible of the increases to determined conditions.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Thanks! So the MSport for 120d is only 3500e, not bad. Can't wait to have some info about the prices in Finland.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
CDR_UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I'm happy to see that the pointless sunroof is a 990 euro option that I can avoid :smile:!

Anybody know if it will be possible to get shadowline exterior window trim instead of the bling chrome?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_UK View Post
I'm happy to see that the pointless sunroof is a 990 euro option that I can avoid :smile:!

Anybody know if it will be possible to get shadowline exterior window trim instead of the bling chrome?
According to the UK brochure it's included as part of the M package.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
CDR_UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

^^^ Thanks - I hadn't spotted that! Much better than the bling chrome look IMO. I can't wait to see pictures of the 135i with all the real M Sport stuff on it instead of the kind of hybrid press release pictures.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Black Chromed/Rain sensor + auto headlights/M Sports suspensions...

all sounds good
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
F0Bman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Seems like Europe always gets the cooler stuff
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

www.TheTunerSource.com
Appreciate 0