BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Canadian Ski bag question

Does anyone know if we needed to order the ski bag in order to get the pass though hole in the back seat? I just assumed the hole was standard and the ski bag was just a bag that clipped onto it. I think I may regret not having ordered the $250 ski bag.
      03-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I didn't order the ski bag at first, but then I called afterwards and had my SA add it. I think the hole is standard, so even if you didn't get the ski bag, I should think you'd still get the pass through.

That being said, whatever they do or add when you include the ski bag option, can't be added afterwards at the dealer according to my SA... Frankly I'm not sure what the ski bag option adds if the pass through is standard, but it was only $250 so I had them add it anyways.
      03-21-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Pass-thru NOT standard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoSkulls View Post
Does anyone know if we needed to order the ski bag in order to get the pass though hole in the back seat? I just assumed the hole was standard and the ski bag was just a bag that clipped onto it. I think I may regret not having ordered the $250 ski bag.
I thought the same thing and it is my only regret about my order. Putting in a new backrest with the pass-thru now would cost about USD3,000. The pass through also allows you to install extra storage or cupholders and have an armrest in the back.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
fedex
Rep
Drives:

According to the spec-sheet

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5440

both cars have the "Through loading system" standard. So you guys should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

My dealer confirmed on the weekend that the pass through hole is only available when ordered with the ski bag. Standard is the split fold down seats, but no pass through hole and arm rest.

Oh well, looks like I'm flipping those suckers down when going to my hockey games.
      03-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Dave135i
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoSkulls View Post
My dealer confirmed on the weekend that the pass through hole is only available when ordered with the ski bag. Standard is the split fold down seats, but no pass through hole and arm rest.

Oh well, looks like I'm flipping those suckers down when going to my hockey games.
I can confirm this. The 135i I sat in at BMW Waterloo didn't have the pass through...just split/folding rear seats. I ordered the ski bag.
Appreciate 0