BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
roberttran
Rep
Drives:

PA insurance question

At the moment, I have my own auto insurance policy. I still live at home and my mom has her own insurance policy as well. My brother is a licensed driver and my insurance company says they are required to rate both my mom and my brother to cars on my plan.

At the moment, my agent has to rate my mom to my 328i and me to my 528e. This configuration is cheap so I don't care that I'm paying insurance for my mom even thought she can't drive my cars. With the addition of the 135i, I'll have 3 cars and my agent told me that the best way to configure it would be to rate my mom to the 135i, me to the 328i, and my brother to the 528e. This would double my insurance cost because of my brother.

My mom has 2 cars under her policy which her and my brother are rated on. We both use the same insurance company.

Is there anyway to prevent them from being rated on my cars? No one else in my family knows how to drive stick shift and it doesn't make sense why they should be rated for my cars if they can't even drive them.
Appreciate 0