BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
zeroaltitude
Rep
Drives:

Simple way to access rear speaker wires?

Hello,

I am a very happy new owner of a BMW 135i in the US. It's one hell of a car.

I've purchased a speaker-level input amp with auto-sensing turn-on. I have a good subwoofer on the way. I'm pretty much all set to add a little bass to my stock stereo system (base system, no premium audio). By the way, the stock system in this car is not bad compared to the stock systems in many other cars.

In any case, my question: I will need to access the speaker wire leading to one of the two rear mounted speakers. It looks difficult to access the wire from inside the boot. It looks like perhaps folding down the rear seats will help. But: what is the simplest, easiest way to access these wires so I can split off a signal to my new amp?

Your help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance,

Eddie
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroaltitude View Post
Hello,

I am a very happy new owner of a BMW 135i in the US. It's one hell of a car.

I've purchased a speaker-level input amp with auto-sensing turn-on. I have a good subwoofer on the way. I'm pretty much all set to add a little bass to my stock stereo system (base system, no premium audio). By the way, the stock system in this car is not bad compared to the stock systems in many other cars.

In any case, my question: I will need to access the speaker wire leading to one of the two rear mounted speakers. It looks difficult to access the wire from inside the boot. It looks like perhaps folding down the rear seats will help. But: what is the simplest, easiest way to access these wires so I can split off a signal to my new amp?

Your help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance,

Eddie

The amp is in the trunk, so installing a new one should be pretty simple. What types of subs did you get as replacments? Did you remove the two subs that come stock, I am curious to see their depth. If you have done so, could you post a few pictures of the original subs for us.

That would be great, thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
black135
Private
Rep
Drives:

Check this out. It's for a 1 series hatch but could point you in the right direction.

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2331

Let us know how you get on as I am interested in the same setup for my 1er which I 've ordered with the standard audio (pro head unit, 6 speakers in Oz).