BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
rushbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

To Stagger wheels or not

Well, this will be my first car with stagger wheels. I have a couple of question that hopefully most of you can give me some insight.

1) Is there any benefit to having Stagger wheels.

2) Since the offset on the 135 coupe rims are different from front to back do you need a spacer in the rear for non staggered setups.

3) Is the track wider in the rear? Meaning, if I have the same size and offset rims are the wheel sticking out more in the rear than the front.

Im just thinking ahead on how Im going to setup my summer and winter wheels. At first I was going to use the stock stagger rim for the winter time but, I can't find any winter tires that fit on that setup. I like to get aftermarket wheels for the summer and I just like to be able to use the stock setup for something.
Appreciate 0