BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Need help... the bitch clip saga continues

As most of you know one of my bitch clips magically disappeared during the GP Thunder install. I figured no big deal I will just buy another one at the dealership... here is where the drama begins.

I went to parts and they tell me the bitch clips are part of the rear cover for the headlight. It was 15 bucks so I said no big deal order it. A few days later the part gets here and guess what, it has no bitch clips.

Then they tell me the bitch clips come as part of the headlight repair kit. So i told them fine to go ahead and order it. Well guess what, the headlight repair kit arrived today and no bitch clips to be found in the kit.

Then they tell me I need to order a whole new headlight if i want the clips. I obviously broke out laughing. I'm not paying $1200.00 bucks for a 20 cent piece of metal.

So I am coming to you my fellow board members for help and ideas. Where the hell can I get a bitch clip. In the likely event i cant get one what do you guys suggest i use in its place? The cover is on pretty tight without the clip and has been fine for a few weeks now like that. What do you guys suggest? Do any BMW parts guys on here have any idea on where I can get the damn bitch clip? Something tells me my parts guys have no idea what they are talking about. I'm willing to pay up to 20 bucks for the damn clip. Yes I know Im crazy but im neurotic about my cars ok. Here is a parts diagram i was able to get....

And the pic TP135 took of the infamous bitch clip!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

WOW I just got my bulbs in the mail today. I better be extra cautious with this clip. What exactly happened with your bitch clip?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

May suggest tying a string around the clip and securing one end to something nearby, that way, if it does drop, you can reel it back in.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
WOW I just got my bulbs in the mail today. I better be extra cautious with this clip. What exactly happened with your bitch clip?

They pop out and fly at you while you try to install the cover. I read a great suggestion today. Tie a long string around the bitch clips during install so you can retrieve them if the pop out. Make it long enough so if they hit the undercover you can easily pull them up. Too bad i read this 2 weeks too late. One of my clips fell into the engine bay and was never heard from again. I may take the cover off this weekend but i doubt its still down there.
Appreciate 0