BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Faster Than The Speed Limit

BMW Adjustable End Links for 1 Series

Hey Guys...

Velocity Motorcars is building some of the nicest adjustable sway bar end links available and at a price that is the best around...

What makes these end links so unique...
  • Velocity Motorcars’ end links are twice as strong as the factory, with a maximum static load of 9,500+ lbs…just go ahead and let your stiffest sway bar try to do harm to these end links...
  • Velocity Motorcars does not take the typical 6061-T6 hex bar, which adds unnecessary weight with marginal gains in strength that is never realized because the ultimate load, is going to be limited by the end link not the center section. Instead, we take ultra strong, ultra light, 3/4" OD thick walled 6061-T6 tubing in which we cold form the ends by spin forming them down. This serves one main function, but also provides a very well known means of increasing material properties...By cold working the tubing from the original 3/4" OD and forming it down to a size that gives us the material needed to tap the internal diameter for the end link threads, it strengthened the material well above the nominal material strength. Think of those ultra expensive wheels with spun rims...what makes them so strong, but yet so light...
  • Our end links are made from ultra strong, 4130 Chromate Plated that has a precision ground, heat treated, and hard chrome plated ball which rides on an ultra slick, self-lubricating and self sealing composite liner. Also, these end links have studs, so there is no through bolt to attach these end links to your sway bar and strut…ours are set up just like the factory’s are.
We are so confident in these adjustable sway bar end links that we are going to offer a deal that no other reseller/manufacturer will stand behind... We are offering a Limited Lifetime Warranty*, yes you read right... We will replace any component that may fail from normal use for the life of your car, restrictions do apply. No one else will stand behind their products like Velocity Motorcars will!

Also, we can custom design you a specific length that you may need for no extra charge. So, when you have modified your suspension outside BMW's design parameters, you more than likely will need custom sway bar end links to reset your sway bar so that, at static ride height, the sway bar arms are parallel to the ground. This provides maximum moment on the sway bar.

So why do you need Adjustable End Links...
  1. When you lower your car, either coilovers or just springs, your sway bar is articulated into a position that is not utilizing the full potential of the sway bar...you want the sway bar at static ride height to be sitting approximately parallel to the ground, to be more precise the sway bar lever arm and end link would be perpendicular to one another.... This give the maximum moment on the sway bar...'basic engineering statics'. So to reset the sway bar you will need different length end links to compensate for the drop in your car.
  2. They also allow you to account for manufacturing variances in the sway bar...if you have ever worked on your front suspension and disconnect one of the end links(assuming equal length left/right) you may notices that the end link that is free does not line up to the mount...with adjustable ones you can compensate for this to take our the pre-load that is introduce by fixed end links that can not account for manufacturing variances..
  3. If you are a racer that has coil overs or uses spring pads to adjust the corner weight of the car end links can again remove the pre-load that you introduce into the front suspension by jacking the corners...
*Limited Lifetime Warranty applies only to components failing during normal use. This warranty does not cover parts that fail as a result of improper installation, misuse, abuse or the failure of another part. Parts modified for use or installed for use other than that of their original design and application have no warranty. Your warranty period begins on the date of purchase. We will warrant the original part as long as you own the vehicle on which the part was originally installed. Limited Warranty is made to the original purchaser only and is non-transferable. Replacement parts provided as a warranty replacement do not carry any further warranty.

You can see these end links here on our site 1 Series Adjustable End Links
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Here are some pics from our website showing the high quality that goes into making these end links..

Section View:

Close Up of end link section view:
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Sexy, Functional, and well priced! :headbang:I think you have a winner product here. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
Sexy, Functional, and well priced! :headbang:I think you have a winner product here. :thumbup:
They have been doing very well for the e46's and e36 M3...so we have now expanded the same product to work with the new 1 Series and 3 Series...

Also I must point out...that the price is for a complete set (left/right) and has free shipping....Forgot to mention the important details above...:smile:
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

chad, can i ask some elementary questions please. can you provide some instructions on how to choose the lengths for front and rear you have on the site or point me to some resource i can read on this? does this depend on which coilover i choose and by how much i lower the car? also, since yours does not have the bushings that the h&r versions have will there possibly be some squeaking?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
chad, can i ask some elementary questions please. can you provide some instructions on how to choose the lengths for front and rear you have on the site or point me to some resource i can read on this? does this depend on which coilover i choose and by how much i lower the car? also, since yours does not have the bushings that the h&r versions have will there possibly be some squeaking?
Well I have been working on a page in our site that will help out you guys on determining the right length to use...or at least the steps to go through in determining the length...with all the sizes we have it may appear to be a bit overwhelming...but when you get down to it...it not difficult at all...

How To On Measuring End Lengths... Now this just covers some basic thing to do..but is really painless..:smile:

Also, these are for the front only, not the rear...we will be releasing a set for the rear in the near future...but as far as the squeaking...no they do not squeak at all...they use a sealed near frictionless liner which provides smooth movement of the ball...so no squeaks...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #7
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the responses and orders are going out today...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Is that the price for a pair or each...When will the rear ones be available....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
Is that the price for a pair or each...When will the rear ones be available....
That is for the pair!!!:w00t:

The rears will be available in about 2 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Orders...have been shipped....enjoy...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #11
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

These are still going...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Orders...are out....Thanks and enjoy...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Still going...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #14
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just a reminder....Adjustable End Links specifically for the 1 series....in stock...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I'm going with H&R coilovers...How do I measure to see what size end links I will need...Still confused on this issue. I've measured the stock heights and distances to wheels. If I know the length of the stock swaybars, how do I calculate this after I see how much the coilovers, when installed, will lower the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
I'm going with H&R coilovers...How do I measure to see what size end links I will need...Still confused on this issue. I've measured the stock heights and distances to wheels. If I know the length of the stock swaybars, how do I calculate this after I see how much the coilovers, when installed, will lower the car.
Well if you have measured the stock ride height before installing the kit then measure the ride height after installation then the difference is what I would need to set you up...So when you have that just let me know how much you have dropped the car and we can put together a custom setup..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #17
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thanks ....I'll be in touch as soon as I get the coilovers on...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #18
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

These are still going....
Appreciate 0