BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
SlapSmak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Zaino.. insanoe

Back in the day I detailed cars and have always been a BIG Meguires fan.. all the machine polishes, most recently the NX waxes. Anyone that had seen my cars was always commenting on how good they looked, paint perfect etc. When I sold my Type R, the new owner could not believe what she looked like when I pulled her out of the garage as he bought her via eBay and only on the pics.
As I have been lurking on the detail forum and gleening as much info as possile, I bit the bullet and bought Zaino. I built my own kit based on info I found on this site and E90.
Washed Black Rokit in Dawn and so began her transformation. Clayed all the water spots off and began the Z5 treatment. I Bought the ZFX to make my life easier and mixed 1 oz with 5 drops. Spread the first coat with the Zaino Applicator which initially took quite a bit of elbow grease. let it dry in the shade and after 45 minutes buffed it off with the 10 year old terry towel. Wiped the car down with the gloss enhancer and did coat Number 2. the second coat goes on MUCH easier and then buffed off again with 12 Year old towel #2. Applied layer#3, still on the first 1oz mixed bottle and let that dry. Buffed that layer off and finished with the gloss enhancer.
The CS sealer is the final coat, and learning just how much is the right amount is difficult. I followed the directions and taking my time finished in about 10-15 minutes. I cannot describe the end result and I will have to take pics after the sun is up tomorrow. Even then, you will not get it from the pics. The Z5 is unreal on the SGM and in the sun, it looks like you can fall into the paint and swim...best money I have spent on paint products ever, and I have been doing this for a long time.
Pics in the morning..My arm hurts alot. I have not done a car by hand in a long time...
      08-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Yeah. Look forward to the pics.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

I've used Zaino for about three years on all my vehicles and there is absolutely no way I'd use any other products. Many of my cars have driven off with the Judge's Award so I see no reason to change.

The other reason I am so sold on Zaino is the protection it provides the the paint finish. Once you have it applied correctly it makes subsequent washings/detailing so much easier and less time consuming.

Call
      09-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
jgprather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and treat my car to some Zaino. I don't want to spend more than I need to. What are the basic products I need?

Thanks.
BMW CCA member #409683

cystic fibrosis survivor, bilateral lung transplant recipient, cancer fighter. Never give up!

Co-founder and Creative Director, The Big Fun Foundation
Please visit, www.thebigfunbox.org
Making fun contagious.®
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
jgprather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Never mind, I'm just gonna get the $120 set.
BMW CCA member #409683

cystic fibrosis survivor, bilateral lung transplant recipient, cancer fighter. Never give up!

Making fun contagious.®
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
Qube
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 540 :: 09 STi

I've made several converts too

The key with Zaino is LESS IS MORE... unlike some waxes. Follow that mantra and you're good. NO ORBITAL (wastes too much product).
      09-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
SlapSmak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgprather View Post
Never mind, I'm just gonna get the $120 set.
Dont get the Kit, you do not need all the extras. for a dark color get Z5, for a lighter color get Z2. Buy the excellerator and the clear seal, plus the gloss enhancer to help with removal of the Z waxes. I purchased 2 of the pads. I have plenty of clay bars and microfiber towels.
Less is more is definate with Zaino, we will see how it holds up under the hot ass florida sun. It's lovebug season again, so that is just another reason to seal up the paint this weekend.
I took some pics today, but nothing really shows the depth and shine, I will give it another shot tomorrow...
      09-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
jgprather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Ha, well too late now.
BMW CCA member #409683

Making fun contagious.®
Appreciate 0