BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Ottomobile
Rep
Drives:

Charlotte cars and coffee

I randomly stopped at Panera by Northgate mall today and was shocked to see a parking lot full of cool cars! There were two new GT-Rs, a half dozen elise/ exiges, a couple of esprits, one lambo, a couple of AMGs, 4 or 5 NSXs, one M3, a convertible 6 series just to name the ones I could remember. There were at least 20 cars at any one time, with several coming and going. I was in the minivan with the kids, so I was sorely lacking 'street cred' needless to say. It's tough to 'represent' in a Sienna. I talked to a few people and they are just trying to get this started on the first Saturday of every month. Very friendly group of at least 30 or 40 people. I don't know where the next one is, but several people told me it was being advertised on other enthusiast websites (Lotus seemed to be best represented). Just an FYI for anyone else in the Charlotte area.
Appreciate 0