BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Thumbs up Riss Racing DDV Kit DIY

Hey guys here is the DDV Kit DIY. If you need any further help email our tech daniel@rissracing.com or call the shop line listed on www.RissRacing.com. Thank you!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf DDV_install-1.pdf (2.17 MB, 1064 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

How should the DDV valves be installed? In this pic, the vacuum hose is on the top, in other pics and in the vid they are on the side as in the original piece. If assembled this way doesn't that mean that pressure could force the valves open since they move up in this configuration?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
How should the DDV valves be installed? In this pic, the vacuum hose is on the top, in other pics and in the vid they are on the side as in the original piece. If assembled this way doesn't that mean that pressure could force the valves open since they move up in this configuration?
So I messaged Daniel about this because I had installed them like the original pictures indicated (and how the stock ones were set up). Turns out I installed them incorrectly, so the pictures shown here and the DIY pdf are the correct orientation. Daniel said that as is I'm loosing performance, but it doesn't sound like it's causing any damage (phew). I'll be correcting mine ASAP.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Pic is updated from the DIY....
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
GOU
Private
Rep
Drives:

thanks Anthony... ! this is helpful :

- but in my case I install the valves in another position...

this picture shows the stock valves...

this one is of my 135 with RR Diverter Valves...
( installed same position as the stock ones)

and in your "DIY" I see a diference in the position....

- My Question ?

¿I have to change the position? or what could happen if I left it as they are now?

thanks 4all...
      12-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
GOU,

That's exactly the same thing I did. I was told by Daniel to switch them to the correct orientation ASAP. It's not causing any damage, but you will be loosing performance. I'm going to be switching my to the correct way this evening.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
GOU
Private
Rep
Drives:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
GOU,

That's exactly the same thing I did. I was told by Daniel to switch them to the correct orientation ASAP. It's not causing any damage, but you will be loosing performance. I'm going to be switching my to the correct way this evening.
Daniel already contacted me and told me the same thing ...

I will change the position of the valves as soon as possible...
and I expect an improvement in the performance of my car :headbang: