E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Northern Bay, Moded Cars Crackdown

06-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Northern Bay, Moded Cars Crackdown

got this from iclub (imprezza club)... its pretty recent so those in northern bay area should look out.

http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_157134310.html
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
LWL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Garage List
Quote:
But oftentimes a group of a dozen or so cars will meet at either the In-N-Out in Millbrae or Nations Burger in Daly City to discuss it and either meet at a different spot or talk about were they've been and what they've been doing."
Before the operation begins Friday, a briefing will be held to educate participating officers on how to spot the cars equipped with after-market parts that allow for faster acceleration and higher top speeds.

Certain modifications include alteration to the exhaust, low-profile tires, a lowered vehicle; and under the hood the car may have had its intake replaced or an upgraded or high-performance computer chip, according to Birch.
Damn, I am just 2 blocks away from In-N-Out in Millbrae....... I will be scare if I got stopped by the police about my quads. Damn racers.
      06-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWL
Damn, I am just 2 blocks away from In-N-Out in Millbrae....... I will be scare if I got stopped by the police about my quads. Damn racers.
lol some of my friends around here in san jo arent even driving their moded cars... havent drove up 9 for this month because of this. *shrugs*
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

hmmm sounds like the media is mixing up sideshows and street racing. sounds like more of sting to bust street racers. i remember back in the mid to late 90's when in-n-out milpitas was the spot. that place had a major bust. stay safe.
      06-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWL
also this,
Quote:
Certain modifications include alteration to the exhaust, low-profile tires, a lowered vehicle; and under the hood the car may have had its intake replaced or an upgraded or high-performance computer chip, according to Birch.
I think you have the exhaust and soon to be lowered vehicle and intake replaced?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
are u in the bay?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mico168
Where can I get a good deal on a NEW E90 auto, silver, basic model? whats the best deal now? or do i really have to wait till end of the year to buy one?
have you done a search? try not to hijack this thread.

for example, search 'msrp'
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
Mico168
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

ok sorry for that..will do thanks rchanou
      06-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mico168
ok sorry for that..will do thanks rchanou
no problem just trying to help a new fellow out. good luck on your path to a new e90.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon
hmmm sounds like the media is mixing up sideshows and street racing. sounds like more of sting to bust street racers. i remember back in the mid to late 90's when in-n-out milpitas was the spot. that place had a major bust. stay safe.
What exactly is a "side show"?? I saw a report about this stuff a year ago on KTVU, but they didn't go into specifics on what it is... actually... what's the point???

I think San Jose and Fremont used to be hot spots for street racing... they have those loooonnnnng expressways that makes it easy to do so. Unfortunately, I never heard about them until the whole fad was over, and since then, cops have made it a point that you could get a ticket for just being at the event.

LWL, I doubt they'll say anything about your quad exhaust... it doesn't look ricy, and it's not loud at all. Plus, I think the police are selective on who they pick on. I was driving through SJSU once going a bit over the speed limit in my lowered prelude, and the cop stopped me. But it just happened that night I was taking my gf back from a play we watched, and were dressed pretty nicely, so he just let us on our way. I'm sure he expected to see some 16 y/o...
      06-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Yeah. I don't see a problem for BMW drivers. I expect them to target Hondas, Toyotas, Mitsubishis, Subarus, ... especially with Fast & the Furious coming out.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #12
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejav0o
What exactly is a "side show"?? I saw a report about this stuff a year ago on KTVU, but they didn't go into specifics on what it is... actually... what's the point???

I think San Jose and Fremont used to be hot spots for street racing... they have those loooonnnnng expressways that makes it easy to do so. Unfortunately, I never heard about them until the whole fad was over, and since then, cops have made it a point that you could get a ticket for just being at the event.

LWL, I doubt they'll say anything about your quad exhaust... it doesn't look ricy, and it's not loud at all. Plus, I think the police are selective on who they pick on. I was driving through SJSU once going a bit over the speed limit in my lowered prelude, and the cop stopped me. But it just happened that night I was taking my gf back from a play we watched, and were dressed pretty nicely, so he just let us on our way. I'm sure he expected to see some 16 y/o...
sideshow: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sideshow

sideshows are more prominent in oakland and surrounding cities in the east bay.

around '95-96, berryessa san jose denny's and the taco bell across the street was the hot spot to meet up at. later, the hot spot to meet up and even just hang out was in-n-out in milpitas. there people would take off race at various locations off of 880, from san jose to fremont, and off 237 from milpitas to sunnyvale. fremont has curfews on certain streets now. now-a-days, i have no idea.