E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Bavarian Auto Recycling.....My dealings....

06-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
golfpro
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Bavarian Auto Recycling.....My dealings....

Im not here to bash the company but just to tell you what happened to me.....cuz im kinda frustrated right now. A couple weeks ago i called and purchased xenon headlights from bavarian auto recycling and the guy i talked to said they were really busy so it would prolly take about 3-5 days just to get them shipped out....no big deal. well i wait about 3 weeks and ive yet to recieve my headlights, i waited so long because i live in NY and their outta CA so i just figured it would take extra time. Well i call them and shipping said they sent the invoice back to the salesman. so the salesman said he didnt know what happened and he'll call me back in 10 mins......30 mins later he said that they went to ship one set and the clips were broken, so they went to send another and again the clips were broken. so he said they will refund my money to my credit card and keep my name and number on file so in about 3 weeks when new ones come in they will call me and charge my CC again if i want. well that was thurs......its not late mon night and they money hasnt been returned to my credit card, im not really worried i just gotta call them again, their great to deal with and really nice people but i just feel like i kinda got the short end of the stick and their takin their slow @$$ time......
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro
Im not here to bash the company but just to tell you what happened to me.....cuz im kinda frustrated right now. A couple weeks ago i called and purchased xenon headlights from bavarian auto recycling and the guy i talked to said they were really busy so it would prolly take about 3-5 days just to get them shipped out....no big deal. well i wait about 3 weeks and ive yet to recieve my headlights, i waited so long because i live in NY and their outta CA so i just figured it would take extra time. Well i call them and shipping said they sent the invoice back to the salesman. so the salesman said he didnt know what happened and he'll call me back in 10 mins......30 mins later he said that they went to ship one set and the clips were broken, so they went to send another and again the clips were broken. so he said they will refund my money to my credit card and keep my name and number on file so in about 3 weeks when new ones come in they will call me and charge my CC again if i want. well that was thurs......its not late mon night and they money hasnt been returned to my credit card, im not really worried i just gotta call them again, their great to deal with and really nice people but i just feel like i kinda got the short end of the stick and their takin their slow @$$ time......
that sucks golfpro! hopefully theyll get some in soon! Im sure youll get your money back soon!
      06-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I was told by them that I would get the next set (after long I believe) of euro adaptive xenons... I did not leave a deposit, but I was 'guaranteed' the next set...

I still have not heard from them...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
SocalTy
Flushing, Queens stand up!!
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Garage List
06 e90  [0.00]
LOL, they told me that 4 months ago. Never heard anything from them since. They also said they would have a few more sets in about 2-3 weeks.......4 months ago.

So I just emailed a crap load of foreign autopart dealers overseas. Finally recieved an email from a place in Germany that has the lights brand new in stock for about $1500 shipped (cheapest price I know of thus far). Just been saving $$ until I can afford a set.
l 20% Tints l Osram 6000k Xenons l Brex l Blacklines l White Led Sidemarkers l PIAA Superwhite Turn Signals l 19" Breyton Spirits l H&R Sport Springs l Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers l ACS Roof Spoiler l Painted Carbon Spoiler l Luminics Fogs l Oem Chrome Grill l
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2006, 05:25 AM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalTy
LOL, they told me that 4 months ago. Never heard anything from them since. They also said they would have a few more sets in about 2-3 weeks.......4 months ago.

So I just emailed a crap load of foreign autopart dealers overseas. Finally recieved an email from a place in Germany that has the lights brand new in stock for about $1500 shipped (cheapest price I know of thus far). Just been saving $$ until I can afford a set.

Who is that... I would be really interested in ordering a new pair...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Same happened to me, but they not only charged me for the part, but for 2nd day FedEx shipping. Two weeks later, no product. Only after I called did they send me the headlights--the non-adaptive ones.

They refund my money, but only for the part, not for the tax and shipping.

I'm going to document this in correspondence to them, contact the Better Business Bureau, and take whatever action is necessary to rectify this. Buyers beware.
      07-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #7
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
Same happened to me, but they not only charged me for the part, but for 2nd day FedEx shipping. Two weeks later, no product. Only after I called did they send me the headlights--the non-adaptive ones.

I'm going to document this in correspondence to them, contact the Better Business Bureau, and take whatever action is necessary to rectify this. Buyers beware.
Nice to see you find the thread michael! Its really sad they treat customers like that! 2day shipping and No product for 2 weeks..Thats ridiciulos! And they didnt even refund your whole amount! What kind of shit is that? Report to the BBB and anyone else..
      07-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #8
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

wtf? they didn't refund you for EVERYTHING?

They should refund for EVERY cent, afterall its their fault. I had this problem with SpanX on here. I ended up paying shipping both ways, because he failed to mention his xenon lights had the bulbs and ballasts removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Here's a copy of a portion of my correspondence to them:

July 17, 2006

Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc.
ATTN: Jeff (x613)
3688 Omec Circle
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

RE: Invoice#: xxxxxx

Dear Jeff:

Since phone conversations have been unable to amicably and satisfactorily resolve problems which have resulted from my recent purchase from Bavarian Auto Recycling, this letter will serve to document what has transpired so far.

On June 23, 2006, I was informed that Bavarian Auto Recycling had E90 Euro Xenon adaptive headlights in stock. I was adamant that I needed “adaptive” headlights, not the non-adaptive ones that are frequently found on the European E90s. I was assured that these would be adaptive. I was charged $1000 for the headlights, a $3.41 surcharge, $77.76 tax, and $62.19 for shipping.

When asked how I would like my headlights shipped, I was offered FedEx 2-Day, which I agreed to. Two weeks later, I still had not received my shipment. Therefore, I called Bavarian Auto Recycling, spoke with Ty Goering who informed me that the sales person I had spoken to first was in error, failed to call me, and went on vacation. The “good news” was that Ty assured me the parts I had ordered were now in stock and that I would receive them shortly.

I received two of the wrong parts–they were not adaptive, was told the shipping costs would be refunded, and that a claim check would be sent to me. I never received this and your shipping department was unable to be of any help.

This last Friday ... I was assured by you that my credit card would be refunded. However, you refunded only in the amount of $1000 (one thousand) dollars. Bavarian Auto Recycling had charged me a total of $1143.36 (one thousand forty-three dollars and thirty-six cents)–a difference of $143.36 dollars.

Plain and simple, Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. has failed to deliver on the items it had promised.

I am asking that your company refund the remaining $143.36.

I can be reached by phone and by written correspondence. I anticipate a timely response to this most unfortunate experience, and will pursue any measures necessary to bring this problem to a satisfactory resolution.

Sincerely,

<my name>

cc: Better Business Bureau
400 S. Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-6997
      07-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #10
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

KS - next time you ever request a refund, make sure you speak to them first and ask them how much they are refunding you. If it is anything less than what you paid them, tell them to forget about the refund.

Then, call your credit card company and refute the charge. They will give you your money back without a single hesitation. Period.

Remember that credit card companies treat their cardholders well, and treat their vendors like dirt. Good for us, bad for them.
      07-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
KS - next time you ever request a refund, make sure you speak to them first and ask them how much they are refunding you. If it is anything less than what you paid them, tell them to forget about the refund.

Then, call your credit card company and refute the charge. They will give you your money back without a single hesitation. Period.

Remember that credit card companies treat their cardholders well, and treat their vendors like dirt. Good for us, bad for them.
Good point. Thanks for the advice.
      07-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #12
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...archid=3561361

they seem to be a mixed bag, more towards bad.