E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > U.S.-spec owners in Europe: Making cars work right.

02-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

U.S.-spec owners in Europe: Making cars work right.

I'm writing a letter to BMW NA/BMW AG asking them to try to find a solution to get BMW Assist and other such services to work on our U.S.-spec cars when they are in Europe (I'm also going to send it to BMW CCA in the U.S. in case they want to pitch in too). I just posted a note in the E90 forum asking for any technical advice folks may have on what it would take to convert/activate the GSM-based BMW Assist system to European standards. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233574

If anyone else is interested in making this appeal to BMW, feel free to drop me a line at [insert my forum username]@gmail.com. Since these issues affect a fair number of military and diplomats driving these cars in Europe (and maybe Asia too), and since BMW keeps making these system an integral part of their operation, they might consider finding a solution. The same goes for things like the MyInfo options and the RTTI. I'd for example like to know that if my family were in the car in a collision, the BMW Assist function would be able to radio out for help.

I'm not too up on forum protocol, so I'm not going to post this on the UK or the M3Post board right now (so I don't bombard the board), but if someone can tell me how to cross-post, it might be worth having this in all the sub-forums where other US-spec owners participate.
Appreciate 0