BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Classic Vid: Golf vs Supra vs 996TT

03-29-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Classic Vid: Golf vs Supra vs 996TT

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

shitty modded supra vs. stock 996 tt vs. fully modded golf (which can be made fairly fast with mods)..... What did you expect?

This is a retarded video and thread as the supra owner is a retard at tuning a car like his and the 996 is stock...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

this vid is OLD SCHOOL...however, i have no idea if its ever been posted here at e90post....never get tired of it though. that VW is FAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
shitty modded supra vs. stock 996 tt vs. fully modded golf (which can be made fairly fast with mods)..... What did you expect?

This is a retarded video and thread as the supra owner is a retard at tuning a car like his and the 996 is stock...
well given that no mods for any of the cars are listed at the beginning or at the end of the vid, you can't really expect a certain outcome. however it was pretty clear to me approx. how modified each car is after watching them run.

...and i don't quite understand why the Supra owner is a retard for tuning a car like his ...in case you didn't notice, that's what Supra owners do - they mod and tune their rides. come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a stock Supra?...they hardly exist anymore.
      03-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
...and i don't quite understand why the Supra owner is a retard for tuning a car like his ...in case you didn't notice, that's what Supra owners do - they mod and tune their rides. come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a stock Supra?...they hardly exist anymore.
I think you misunderstood me... I was saying that the supra can handle alot more HP even with keeping the stock block... the record is 974 whp for a stock GE bottom end, and a GTE head. theirs no reason why that supra should not be destroying the 996tt with a bolt on turbo kit, supporting fuel, standalone ecu, and a set of cams... I think the supra owner should have modded his car more before setting up a video racing a 996 and VW...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
I think you misunderstood me... I was saying that the supra can handle alot more HP even with keeping the stock block... the record is 974 whp for a stock GE bottom end, and a GTE head. theirs no reason why that supra should not be destroying the 996tt with a bolt on turbo kit, supporting fuel, standalone ecu, and a set of cams... I think the supra owner should have modded his car more before setting up a video racing a 996 and VW...
a Supra WOULD be destroying a 996TT with the above mods...there's no question about that. and there's no fun in it either - we already know how badly the Supra would win. perhaps this Supra owner wanted to see how little modification it would take to pull on a seemingly stock 996TT. it makes for a much closer (and much more exciting) race. i don't know about you, but i get tired of watching Supras pull away from every kind of car like it was in reverse. i prefer to watch the mildly modded Supras have close races with cars of similar wights and power outputs...OR, if i have to watch a high HP Supra video, i prefer it when the opponent stands a chance and puts up a good fight.

...and actually the record is 1017whp on a 2JZ-GTE w/ 6-speed manual transmission.