E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Window scratches....

04-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Window scratches....

Recently upon putting my window open, ive heard lil chirps... it was a very unplesant sound, but it was short...i didnt see any marks on the glass so i figured it was ok for now and just cut down on opening the window.

Well, today while getting into my car...I take a closer look on the outside of the glass and i notice that there are some scratches in the glass, some i can run over with my fingernail.

Is this something that should be covered under warranty. I have a feeling they are going to say something along the lines that its just one of those things that happens. I have no idea what could be causing the scratches... if anything, i still get streaking from water on the windows, it might have been caused by the windows being slightly misaligned.

any ideas how to go about this.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
BMWalltheway
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440xi GC AW/CR

Scratches on the exterior of the car are usually hard to get fixed under warranty. But if you think it happened because of a misalignment of the window, then you may have a case.

Good luck and keep us posted if the stealership fixed it for ya!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Haywire
Canada
Rep

Yeah, will do alltheway...

My thinking is, nothing should be getting underneath or in that weatherstrip. basically theres nothing i could have done to prevent the scratching of the window. if it was a rock or something else of a large enough size to make a deep of a mark as it did...it definitely shouldnt have passed the rubber.

It could be something on the inside of the door as well that i just cant see...all i know is that its not something that was ON the window that caused it (or a dirty window that just cause a grain of dirt or what not)

I live two hours away from the "stealership" so im going to have to take a day off to have this stupid thing checked out. I have to book at least one week in advance, it just sucks...not to mention the car was there 2 weeks ago and when i got it back, i noticed that some of the felt on the roof of the interior was scratched and frayed.

NOT BY ME!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
BMWalltheway
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440xi GC AW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywire View Post

..not to mention the car was there 2 weeks ago and when i got it back, i noticed that some of the felt on the roof of the interior was scratched and frayed.

NOT BY ME!
Hmm, maybe its time to go to a different dealership?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
Haywire
Canada
Rep

We will see how this one pans out, then go from there...they have always been friendly, but theres always something left behind after they touch the car.

Im going to make mention of that when i drop the car off early next month.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
ilidon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
haywire, do you have any updates if the dealer fixed the windows under warranty? because it just happened to me on both windows and on the driver side is one very long streak...

[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578
Appreciate 0