BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
itsthechuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135, E34M, E30rally,S6, E30 M3

Umass Amherst Car Show My 2nd!

Seeing how I was a founding member of this club I figured i'd post this up for the car club at Umass. Its definitely a fun show, there are a ton of trophies, things to do, good vendors and music. There should be a bunch of us caravanning out there from our shop in RI if anyone would like to join i'll post more details about that later. Now on to the pre-formatted announcement!

Ninja Edit, There is a dyno this year!

The 3rd Annual UMass Motorsport Spring Car Show and BBQ
Sponsored in conjunction with SWAG's SouthWest Week

www.umassmotorsport.co.nr

Saturday May 2nd 2009 Rain or Shine

Event Summary:
This show is the grand finale of our year. We're shooting for 500 cars this year. Featured events include:

4x4 RTI Ramp
Exhaust/Audio Sound Off
Lowrider Competition
Biggest Lift Competition
Pizza Eating Contest
Tire Throwing Contest
Vendors and Tuners
DJ's and Music
Food: Burgers and Dogs
On Site Dyno Services Provided by BrandXPerformance Mobile Dyno
33+ Trophy Categories

Exhibits Include:
Umass Super-Mileage Vehicle (Tentative)
Others TBA

Price:
Free to attend, $10 to enter a vehicle in judging. Events and contests are free to participate in.

University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus, SouthWest Lot 33. If you are familiar with the campus it is at the bottom of the horseshoe in the Southwest residential area.

Hours:
Show area opens at 10:00 AM.
Dyno open to guests at 10:00 AM.
RTI 4x4 Ramp Contest begins at 1:00 PM.
Judging Starts at 1:00 PM.
Pizza Eating Contest begins at 3:00 PM.

Mobile Dyno Info:
George at BrandXPerformance will be in attendance with his mobile dyno capable of reading Horsepower and Torques of your car. The dyno is a dynojet type dyno capable of readings up to 2000hp. Sorry to all you AWD people, only FWD and RWD cars.

For $75 you get 3 pulls on the dyno with a printout reading of your horsepower and torque.

Come show us what power you make and get that car up on the trailer!

Directions:
University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus, SouthWest Lot 33. If you are familiar with the campus it is at the bottom of the horseshoe in the Southwest residential area.

If you are unfamiliar it is the lot closest to where Mass Ave. and University Drive meet. (downhill from the towers).

There will be signs directing traffic from the major roadways onto campus.

From the North: Route 91 South to Exit 25 - At the end of the ramp turn left and follow the road to the intersection - turn right onto Routes 5 & 10 South - go 1 mile, then left onto 116 South, then eight miles to UMass exit - Left at the end of the ramp onto Massachusetts Avenue. Take a right at the first set of lights (usually blinking yellow) and proceed approximately one-quarter mile. Signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the South: Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the East: Mass Pike (Route 90) West to Exit 4 (West Springfield) onto Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

From the West: Mass Pike (Route 90) East to Exit 4 (West Springfield) onto Route 91 North to Exit 19 (Northampton/Amherst) - Right onto Route 9 and go approximately five miles, just past the Amherst-Hadley town line. Take a left at the lights (just after the Stop and Shop on the left-hand side) onto University Drive. Go through one set of lights and signs or the campus map will direct you to lot 33.

Parking In Groups:
If you have a group of 5 or more participating vehicles, you may preregister by emailing umassmoto@gmail.com. State your club name, the number of participants, and one member's contact information. (phone number preferred.)

Sponsors/Vendors:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor at the show please contact umassmoto@gmail.com. Space is virtually unlimited.

Notes:
We urge you to please drive cautiously around the UMass campus
due to local and campus police strict enforcement of pedestrian rights and traffic laws.
Campus police have full authority of the law.
      04-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
I went the past 2 years (in the widebody Tib) and won. It's a decent show, for those whom aren't going to the Chasing Classic cars, you should think about it!
      04-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
itsthechuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I went the past 2 years (in the widebody Tib) and won. It's a decent show, for those whom aren't going to the Chasing Classic cars, you should think about it!
Nice, i'm pretty sure my WRX blew its second engine right before the 1st show so I was driving a jeep and last year I was in the Oxford Green E34 540 Msport. This will be the first year I will have a properly hooked up running car at the show.
      04-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
itsthechuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Coming up this weekend, maybe see some people there?