ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Jeffrimerman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW R50

anyone notice audio problems when using a harness adapter?

Changing my radio out to an aftermarket one and the speakers keep shuting down in different areas so I know it's not the amp turn on wire. A few times the whole thing shut down. I soldered all the wires to the harness for the HU so I know the connections are good. I am thinking the connection between the harness adapter and car isn't good. When I push and pull on it, it seems to affect it. I'm afraid if I put it all in I'm going to be driving and have the sound go in and out. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Jeffrimerman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW R50

Ok I just put zip ties around it to pull it tighter to the car harness and it worked great. The after market JVC sounds awesome!! Has built in HD reciever and ipod control. Just fyi if anyone else is considering it. It is well worth the 150 bucks for new receiver and wiring kit.

To get out vent I just read that you use a screwdriver to pop down the metal tabs then use a credit card to hold them down. I just cut my old costco card in half and used it without even a screw driver and it got the vent out asap.
Appreciate 0