E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Can you still get a great deal if taking car from dealer stock?

08-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
iwanta335
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Can you still get a great deal if taking car from dealer stock?

I'm planning on getting a 335 coupe next spring / summer in order to get a better deal than could get in first 6 months of the car's release. This site has been great in helping me learn how to negotiate a lease and get the best possible numbers. My question is, can you typically get a really good deal AND take immediate delivery of dealer stock?(assuming they have want you want on hand) Or are dealers more willing to negotiate on orders and try to save the cars on hand for walk-in's who pay full price?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT + F25 35i AT

Depends on how badly the dealer wants to make the sale which is affected by a variety of things. Typically, you'll get a better discount on a car on the lot than ordering from the factory since simply having the car on the lot has a cost to the dealer. There's the convenience of being able to get the car right away but that's set against it not necessarily having the exact options you may want. But the simple fact is that you'll get a better price for a car that's been out for awhile (since the "early adoptors" are willing to pay more and demand outstrips supply), and is late in the production year. Right now, there are some great deals on E90's because the 07's are just around the corner. BMW is no different from any other retailer in this respect. The key is not to "fall in love" with a particular car.... unless minimizing cost (and your own time) is not paramount. Some people will spend weeks seeking the best deal but forget to count their own time. An extra few hours loses me a thousand bucks. Heck, this post just cost $150....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
iwanta335
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Agreed-- time is money. I can't do ED and don't want to wait any longer than I have to once I'm in a position to get the car. This will be my first BMW and with my previous car purchases (Honda, Acura, Infiniti) I've always taken a car right off dealer lot, so I'm glad to hear that should still be an option, even with a well negotiated deal.
Appreciate 0