BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

06-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
mugennosora
Master Wang
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M3

moderator you rules

Hey guys appearently if Rachel bitch at us it's fine, if we bitch at her our post gets deleted, if rachel try to sell tshirts and i try to give out tshirts it gets locked, so no one can reply... okay moderator, you win. everyone knows you take sides. this group has gotten corrupt and I am out.

How does it taste Rachel...i am not asking about the victory...

I am ready to be deleted and banned, i am done with this board, and not being part of this group will not stop me from loving my 1er, or deny me as a driver. so do it be it. show how much power you have over posters moderator. everyone is watching and waiting for you to delete this one so we all know no one can complain and this corruption will stop here for me. good luck this this bull. I'll just deal with my friends personally.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

Shut it! This, like your posts last night, are a personal attack. Personal attacks haven't been tolerated in the past and shouldn't be now. I only find it unfortunate that the thread wasn't closed earlier than it actually was.

Whether or not you decide to continue to participate in this forum, please don't make your personal issues public like this. This is 1aadicts.com, not rachel.com. Everybody knows that, including Rachel. All she has really done is help coordinate the events as they come up.

Mike
      06-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
LittleVik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Black/Black

Actually in Tony's defense, I think he got so upset because Rachel was very rude in a response to something I wrote (which was not rude to anyone or aimed at anyone).

Basically, this forum should be about people discussing cars and having a good time. I don't know at what point Rachel decided that if she was not interested in a post, she could basically tell someone to shut it. No one has ever told her to do the same, regardless of how interested or not we are in what she may have to say.

Everyone has a right to post without being shot down by someone else, unless they are being blatantly mean or rude. Unfortunately, the posts have been deleted, which is extremely shady, and they would show the situation. And I think Tony has the right to complain when he feel wronged, such grievances should be aired for everyone to see. He is mostly upset that decisions are not made by a majority of the members but by a select few, and instead of discussing that, the select few had his posts deleted!

Shame on 1Addicts for not leaving it up there and letting people judge for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Having been one of the original moderators on this very board, I can say that there are people who contribute to the positive content added camaraderie of the board that will (and should) get preferential treatment. Rachel is THE organizer of almost every 1addicts event in the NE region, and if she's not organizing, she's letting you know about other events (as well as supplying cupcakes, cookies, and living up to her last name).

Secondly, when moderating, it's very clear that some things are just not worth letting fester, and blow up bigger and bigger. It was taxing to me when we let things go longer than they should have, and led to many nastigram PMs almost every single time.

IMO, this thread is nothing more than sour grapes and additional whining, and should also be locked or deleted as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
LittleVik
Banned
United_States
Rep

Perhaps you are correct, but why lock a thread? No one is forced to read this. It is that sort of thinking that creates a problem, where someone decides that something should be deleted or locked because they don't agree with it.

No one here is name calling, no one is imposing their will on anyone else. Many of us have actually met it each other in person, I see no reason why we can't have a discussion. If people aren't interested, the thread will die on its own.

I find it very strange that a thread discussing about how other posts are locked and/or deleted in your opinion should be locked and deleted. Your response basically confirms the need for this thread and this discussion.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Regarding you thinking there is a need for this thread...The thing is... IF there was a thread discussing every moderating action, this place would suck, in my opinion. We might as well call it gripefest.com

Moderating should just be lived with or privately discussed (not publicly questioned or complained about). This ain't no democracy. It's a privately owned board that we're all allowed to participate in.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
LittleVik
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
It's a privately owned board that we're all allowed to participate in.
AHA! See, this is the part that I wish for, to participate. Unfortunately, it seems that some of us are not allowed to participate fully, and our ideas and input are censored because they are not shared by certain other influential members, who are not operating based on the wishes of the majority, but on their own accord.

I am not griping about the moderator(s) by the way. My issue is that seemingly certain people can ask the moderator and have posts removed that would otherwise make them look bad publicly, and thereby cover up their social missteps and their censorship of the ideas of others. I say stupid things and come across looking bad, but it gets left up there, and I take the social ribbing afterward (this is why I was made an honorary Asian at one point in a thread). I do not consider it fair when others lose their temper, say stupid and rude things, then have it covered up by a mod. I wish to carry out my social ribbing on them equally and fairly.

I actually would like to commend the moderator(s) for keeping this thread open, as boring as it may be.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

I'm just guessing here, but I would believe that the moderator made his own decisions about what to delete.
      06-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleVik View Post
AHA! See, this is the part that I wish for, to participate. Unfortunately, it seems that some of us are not allowed to participate fully, and our ideas and input are censored because they are not shared by certain other influential members, who are not operating based on the wishes of the majority, but on their own accord.

I am not griping about the moderator(s) by the way. My issue is that seemingly certain people can ask the moderator and have posts removed that would otherwise make them look bad publicly, and thereby cover up their social missteps and their censorship of the ideas of others. I say stupid things and come across looking bad, but it gets left up there, and I take the social ribbing afterward (this is why I was made an honorary Asian at one point in a thread). I do not consider it fair when others lose their temper, say stupid and rude things, then have it covered up by a mod. I wish to carry out my social ribbing on them equally and fairly.

I actually would like to commend the moderator(s) for keeping this thread open, as boring as it may be.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, and thanks for keeping it constructive and not attacking anyone.

However, I read the other post from yesterday, the T shirt one that got locked, and that was just ridiculous. The person in question always seemed nice and probably is willing to talk out any issues that people have offline. There's no need to call people out by name in a fresh post.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread