E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 Boot Spoiler - Carbon fibre or Colour coded?

08-25-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

E90 Boot Spoiler - Carbon fibre or Colour coded?

If you were going to have a boot spoiler fitted to your pride and joy, would you have a OEM colour coded spoiler or have a OEM carbon fibre one?

The reason I ask is I am toying with the idea of fitting OEM carbon splitters to my car and if I did, I would fit the matching OEM carbon fibre boot spoiler.

I'm not sure if the carbon spoiler will look right on a Le Mans Blue car?

Also, if anyone with an E90 SE is interested, I have just posted in the "for sale" section a pair of genuine, brand new carbon splitters for the SE or ES model.
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.

Last edited by Chris33; 08-27-2006 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
ES-Jet
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i Sport

The only carbon fibre bits and pieces I have seen, have been on black cars. Several of our cars on the Nurburgring trip last weekend had carbon fibre bonnets and splitters, but they were all black.

They also had cool carbon fibre style BMW badges, where the blue is replaced with a carbon fibre type finish

I would say that a carbon fibre lip spoiler would look, to the untrained eye, as though you couldn't afford to spray it the same colour as the car.
      08-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Gitta
Kelly's 330i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
I have TiAg with cf splitters but colored spoiler. I thought that the cf spoiler would stick out like a sore thumb on my light color. I would not hesitate to put on a cf rear diffuser since it would go nicely with my splitters and it is at the bottom of the car.
'01 325xi | auto | TS-GDL-BW | ZPP | heated seats |........... mods | spoiler | mudguards | blackout grills | clear lights | halo projector headlights |
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #4
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I know what you mean about looking unpainted!

That's what I thought, but saying that, I saw a white 320si in Swindon last weekend and it has carbon mirror caps and boot spoiler. It looked awsome!

As my car is blue, the boot spoiler might not look as good?
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I couldn't make my mind up so I have ordered a carbon fibre spoiler so I can have a look at it in the "flesh" before I make my mind up.

Hopefully it will be here Wednesday.
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
If you were going to have a boot spoiler fitted to your pride and joy, would you have a OEM colour coded spoiler or have a OEM carbon fibre one?

The reason I ask is I am toying with the idea of fitting OEM carbon spilters to my car and if I did, I would fit the matching OEM carbon fibre boot spolier.

I'm not sure if the carbon spoiler will look right on a Le Mans Blue car?

Also, if anyone with an E90 SE is interested, I have just posted in the "for sale" section a pair of genuine, brand new carbon spilters for the SE.
I think I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy. About as useful and the dumb look on my face afterwards wouldn't be nearly as bad as the dumb look on the car.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I take it as you do not like the look of the boot spoiler?
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #8
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
I take it as you do not like the look of the boot spoiler?
Subtlety was never my strong suit. Personally, I think the name is quite appropriate for its function to the beauty of the car.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
If I was to have one it would be colour coded. Looks better IMO - not as cheap.
      08-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #10
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, thats what I thought. I have a colour coded one already so I think I will leave it at that.

On another note, I have my exhaust fitted this Friday, the particule filter back box. I gave up on the Sport back box.

I know you were interested and I have listed all the part numbers on my original thread.

I will take before and after pictures for all to see!
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0