BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

08-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Anybody in Cruces or Alb with a Remus Sport exhaust?

Deleted.

My wife just made me realize nobody wants to take a stranger for a ride. Shouldn't be asking for those favors anyway, as that forces folks to say yes without meaning it, like a local guy with an AA (it dawned on me just now). Will buy blindly, as always. Take it easy folks.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-12-2009 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
My wife just made me realize nobody wants to take a stranger for a ride. Will buy blindly, as always. Take it easy folks.
you'd be surprised among enthusiasts
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
you'd be surprised among enthusiasts
I guess you're right, but it's very different to accept an offer to help, than to ask for help. And I also understand it's hard to get such offers without having at least met. Nobody wants a Charles Manson as a passenger, right?
But thanks for your comment man. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
I guess you're right, but it's very different to accept an offer to help, than to ask for help. And I also understand it's hard to get such offers without having at least met. Nobody wants a Charles Manson as a passenger, right?
Having talked a few times on PM, you seem like a stand up guy and a fellow enthusiast. Heck, I'd let you drive my car as long as I was in it. It's just a car -- people are much more important.
      08-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
yea but charles manson didn't drive an m3 i'm pretty sure he was more of a box van type
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

If someone in the M3 community asked me if they could check out something just because they're very interested, I'd be more than happy to take them for a drive or show them what they'd like to see. I've done it before and I'll do it again. No prob at all!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Having talked a few times on PM, you seem like a stand up guy and a fellow enthusiast. Heck, I'd let you drive my car as long as I was in it. It's just a car -- people are much more important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
If someone in the M3 community asked me if they could check out something just because they're very interested, I'd be more than happy to take them for a drive or show them what they'd like to see. I've done it before and I'll do it again. No prob at all!
I'm the same way, so maybe I was wrong about the M3 community . And for some reason, I like to help, but hate asking for help.

And as a comment, when I ride on/drive somebody else's nice car, I take off my shoes, lever myself carefuly in (I'm only #155 and don't wear any jewelry), and drive like a grandpa. In other words, showing the utmost respect for the helping guy's property. In fact, even when allowed to drive new cars by myself I'm extremely careful, even when I know others have abused it. A true enthusiast always respects new machinery .

Oh, and a story why I don't have a problem with people NOT wanting to give rides to strangers in their cars. My 300# brother-in-law (no stranger, mind you) asked me for a ride on my Lexus SC430, and the dude just let himself go about 2' from the seat. Something creaked horribly, and not even a 'sorry'. Then when pushing himself out, scratched the crap out of the console AND side plastic panel with one of his multiple rings. And he left a permanent dent in the passenger seat. Not nice. Glad the sister divorced that creep .

Anyway, really appreciate your kind words, and people like you make not only make this site better, but the world a better place to live . Thanks again. Have a great day.
Appreciate 0