E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vent Gauge Plug and Play power/dimmer harness for 2009.5+ cars with no ashtray power

08-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Vent Gauge Plug and Play power/dimmer harness for 2009.5+ cars with no ashtray power

Last week a received a message from a customer (an indirect customer actually, he bought the gauge from another customer) who was having problems finding the power plug that we were using for our Plug and Play power harness.

The problem was that in the mid-2009 refresh BMW got rid of the power socket in the ashtray, and moved it to the passenger footwell, as well as got rid of the dimmer line and wire harness that was under the ashtray.

I did some probing in a new 2009.5 335 and found a new location for the dimmer line, as well as an easy plug and play solution using OEM connectors.

The harness now goes to 2 locations, the drivers footwell to intercept a dimmer line with OEM connectors, as well as the passenger footwell to get power and ground from the new power socket under the dash. For those that do not have this new footwell power socket (all USA 335's do now), we have a solution for you as well.

I will be adding this option to the order page and begin shipping these new harnesses immediately. For the couple users that messaged me about needing this harness, I am sending them free of charge as long as you mail me back your old harness first.

Here is the result: (file attached)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

Nicely done... Seperate review coming when I get some sleep.

And yes I was the customer he was referring to - Got my gauge from a group buy guy who sold his car and never installed it
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Keebeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3XX

Rixster is awesome!
Appreciate 0