E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > my car and the hiccups

08-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

my car and the hiccups

Hey everyone,

Interesting thing is starting to regularly happen with my car lately. I have a 25ish mile commute in the mornings, and just as I'm merging with highway traffic around 70mph my car hiccups no matter if I'm on 4th or fifth gear. No CEL either. I've only noticed it happening on my first drive in the morning. I'm not thrashing the car; I turn it on, let the rpms fall down to 850ish then start to drive without taking it over 4k until the car is warm. It first started happening around the same time I updated my proceed maps about a month ago. Maybe it's a coincidence I don't know. Haven't taken it out and tried it without the PROcede. Has anybody else had this issue or could shed some light into the subject?

stage 1 User Torque (65%), Ignition Correction default (100%)

- J.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
Hey everyone,

Interesting thing is starting to regularly happen with my car lately. I have a 25ish mile commute in the mornings, and just as I'm merging with highway traffic around 70mph my car hiccups no matter if I'm on 4th or fifth gear. No CEL either. I've only noticed it happening on my first drive in the morning. I'm not thrashing the car; I turn it on, let the rpms fall down to 850ish then start to drive without taking it over 4k until the car is warm. It first started happening around the same time I updated my proceed maps about a month ago. Maybe it's a coincidence I don't know. Haven't taken it out and tried it without the PROcede. Has anybody else had this issue or could shed some light into the subject?

stage 1 User Torque (65%), Ignition Correction default (100%)

- J.
Just update your map. Around a month ago, we released a map that still had an engine cut safety feature in it. It would cut the engine momentarily if you tried to go on boost when the oil temp was code. It was not intended for release but I put it out there for a couple of days by accident. It was brought to my attention and we took care of it immediate so that it only lowers boost when the oil is too cold (or too hot).

Cheers,
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Just update your map. Around a month ago, we released a map that still had an engine cut safety feature in it. It would cut the engine momentarily if you tried to go on boost when the oil temp was code. It was not intended for release but I put it out there for a couple of days by accident. It was brought to my attention and we took care of it immediate so that it only lowers boost when the oil is too cold (or too hot).

Cheers,
Shiv
ahh.. alright, will do. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
ahh.. alright, will do. thanks.
And your firmware too. You can find them both in the usual place.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
And your firmware too. You can find them both in the usual place.
Thanks Shiv, I reinstalled the maps the first time we talked about it (around the 11th I think), but I didn't re-download them. Had no issues with it today, now I can concentrate on the driving again instead of wondering if the car is going to act up.
Appreciate 0