E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Warranty question w/ extended maintenance

08-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
twin335vert
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335

Warranty question w/ extended maintenance

I believe BMW warranty is 4yr/50k. So once I have over 50k miles or been over 4yrs, does it matter if I remove JB3 or any type of tunes when I go in for maintenance since warranty is expired?
Do you think extended maintenance will be void also due to tune, talking about brake rotors or tune-ups?
Does some part of the car have over 50k warranty?
Production is 1/09, not sure if my HPFP is covered till 100k, heard it was for 07-08's only.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
KnuckleZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
it "shouldn't" matter. Since maintenance doesn't cover anything breaking .

With my maintenance warranty on last car, i used it for brakes, wipers, oil changes, bushings, etc.

So, technically it shouldn't cause issues, but "I" personally would take it out for the services just so it doesn't cause any issues with service advisers.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
shifterboy45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

coverage question

1. your Limited Warranty coverage incompasses the first 4 year 50k miles -- coverage is "bumper to bumper" except for the tires which are warranted by the respective manufacturer.

2. BMW OP2(original owner) coverage is like CPO covering major components except for the parts/systems/subsystem that are under the excluded clause.
cvrg = powertrain a/c electrical, etc not all parts are covered so make sure when - and if you purchase this plan you are "fully" aware of what is covered and what is not ...

3. Maintainence Program is provide by BMW with the purchase of the vehicle. this covers all scheduled maint items, including oil change, air filter, microfilter for the passenger cabin, front and rear brake pads, rotors, bi-annual brake fluid replacement, spark plugs - wear related parts such as wiper inserts and occasionally a drive belt if it wears out. This coverage can be extended also, along with the OP2 coverage which will take you coverage to either 72 or 84 months --

if you get the OP2 and the Maint program -- its not adviseable to go in with any type of mods. but if you have the maint program alone -- i dont think you have any issues with powertrain related components i.e. engine electronics, engine components or the like -- maint is just that, maint parts alone.
Appreciate 0