E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > A F'in Kid Threw a Rock at my Car!

10-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
shoedaddy
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

A F'in Kid Threw a Rock at my Car!

Can you believe it? A punk ass kid threw a rock the size of a golf ball at my brand new car. Anyone have any recommendations? I saw Central Body and Paint in the recommended vendors thread. Anyone recommend someone in town?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
Can you believe it? A punk ass kid threw a rock the size of a golf ball at my brand new car. Anyone have any recommendations? I saw Central Body and Paint in the recommended vendors thread. Anyone recommend someone in town?
Oh man that sucks! ... Go see JL Autobody works!!

He is really really good but he is also $$. Just read the review or what people have to say about him.
Tell him Ricky sent you! If not then PM me your info and I'll call him.

On the side note ... How do you like your new M?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
shoedaddy
Rep

Thanks Ricky! Yeah, I went to Joel years back to install a spoiler. He did a great job.

Love the X5M. It was costly but at least I got the M3 out of my system and realized I am an SUV guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
nimo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90, F30

My insurance claims adjuster recommended Basic Auto Collision near the old Kalihi Bowling Alley. The color matching was good.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Ricky! Yeah, I went to Joel years back to install a spoiler. He did a great job.

Love the X5M. It was costly but at least I got the M3 out of my system and realized I am an SUV guy.
If your insurance is going to cover it then I would go and see JL ... If you decide to see him PM me your info and I'll call him.

That is one beast of a SUV ... My wife wants to pick up a SUV but we are gonna wait for the little X1
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Quote:
I'm not even reading anyone's post... not even wasting any time to say this... (there goes 5 seconds) WHAT THE F*CK? If I saw someone throw a rock at my car... I would not have carried on with my life, and said f*ck it..

EDIT: So mad about what happened, I forgot to say: Sorry, hope things work out...and find out who that kid was, make his mommy and daddy pay for it!

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
shoedaddy
Rep

Pulling out of Central Union Church, I'm waiting for this dude in a wheelchair, paralzed and not looking too normal. Next thing I know, something hits me. Hard. I thought it was a monkey pod but no way would it be that hard. I look to my left and see the rock that hit my beautiful car. Then I see a 10 year old punk ass kid, running after the guy in the wheelchair, looking at me like he knew he did something bad. He looked really poor. He was Micronesian, not that I'm trying to associate or be racial.

Anyway, I'm in shock, pissed off but almost a little calm for once. I watch him follow the guy into Kapiolani Hospital. I then drive to Kapiolani and go inside. I see them and follow them for a distance. No parents in sight, just that paralyzed guy. They go into some room together and I just say F it and leave.

What could I have done anyway? Seriously. All I can do is be pissed but know that I'm lucky to be driving a $90,000 car while others are suffering and not living a good life.

SIGH. I must be getting old cuz 10 years ago I would have chased that kid down and beat his ass.

Anyway, theres a small dent on my door above the window but it broke paint and the shadow trim is slightly chipped/cracked as well. F@CK!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
shoedaddy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
If your insurance is going to cover it then I would go and see JL ... If you decide to see him PM me your info and I'll call him.

That is one beast of a SUV ... My wife wants to pick up a SUV but we are gonna wait for the little X1
Thanks Ricky, I'll check him out sometime this week. I wonder if he remembers me, he installed a Veilside spoiler on my GS430 and matched a ridiculous color, parchment crystal. If you do call him, my name is Tom. Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Quote:
Pulling out of Central Union Church, I'm waiting for this dude in a wheelchair, paralzed and not looking too normal. Next thing I know, something hits me. Hard. I thought it was a monkey pod but no way would it be that hard. I look to my left and see the rock that hit my beautiful car. Then I see a 10 year old punk ass kid, running after the guy in the wheelchair, looking at me like he knew he did something bad. He looked really poor. He was Micronesian, not that I'm trying to associate or be racial.

Anyway, I'm in shock, pissed off but almost a little calm for once. I watch him follow the guy into Kapiolani Hospital. I then drive to Kapiolani and go inside. I see them and follow them for a distance. No parents in sight, just that paralyzed guy. They go into some room together and I just say F it and leave.

What could I have done anyway? Seriously. All I can do is be pissed but know that I'm lucky to be driving a $90,000 car while others are suffering and not living a good life.

SIGH. I must be getting old cuz 10 years ago I would have chased that kid down and beat his ass.

Anyway, theres a small dent on my door above the window but it broke paint and the shadow trim is slightly chipped/cracked as well. F@CK!!!!!
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. How much is estimated in damages? Good luck!

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I yelled at a guy who I almost hit because he ran a red light ... Stopped the car, got out, ran after him only to find out that he was huge!!

Now I just smile and thank god that I didn't get hit!!

Quote:
Thanks Ricky, I'll check him out sometime this week. I wonder if he remembers me, he installed a Veilside spoiler on my GS430 and matched a ridiculous color, parchment crystal. If you do call him, my name is Tom. Appreciate it.
He is the man when it comes to color matching and that is why I go to him. I may need him to fix my roof ... Just got done washing the car and found a rock chip on my roof! Anyways I'll let him know ... I'm sure he'll remember a Veilside GS430
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I yelled at a guy who I almost hit because he ran a red light ... Stopped the car, got out, ran after him only to find out that he was huge!!

Now I just smile and thank god that I didn't get hit!!

He is the man when it comes to color matching and that is why I go to him. I may need him to fix my roof ... Just got done washing the car and found a rock chip on my roof! Anyways I'll let him know ... I'm sure he'll remember a Veilside GS430
Haha you got out and ran after a guy you almost hit because he jaywalked? Thats awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Haha you got out and ran after a guy you almost hit because he jaywalked? Thats awesome!
LOl ... Yeah we were yelling at first then I said a few things to get me out of it, cause he was huge
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #13
shoedaddy
Rep

Quote:
Lucky we live Hawaii. In certain places he would have shot you or vice versa.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #14
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
LOl ... Yeah we were yelling at first then I said a few things to get me out of it, cause he was huge
care to elaborate? that's the funny part
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #15
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lucky we live Hawaii. In certain places he would have shot you or vice versa.
+1 ... But it seems like its getting pretty crazy here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
care to elaborate? that's the funny part
One day when we all get together again ...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 04:55 AM   #16
haynstyle335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

these f$#$%$@##$ kids nowadays have no respect....if i didn't have morals i would've f... ran him over. stupid a$$ kids.... good luck in fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #17
gucci22
Private First Class
Iraq
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Sorry brah

I feel for you and hope it doesn't cost too much. I think I would've acted similarly; wanting to beat his a$$, then realizing it just isn't worth it. Now if you were in Waianae, after dusk, keep drivin...

What about the Dent Doc that Spyder recommended? Or is the dent too big?

Gooch
'05 G35 6MT | Silver/Black (SOLD)
'01 328ci Step | Blue/Beige (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
shoedaddy
Rep

Thanks for all your advice. My car is being worked on at Central right now. The estimate came back pretty cheap at $320, luckily there is a "paint line" on the pillar so they don't need to paint the whole panel that extends all the way to the rear quarter. This doesn't include a replacement shadow trim above the window which I haven't gotten a price yet but BMW did special order for me, I'm assuming it will be about $200. Man I miss my car already!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all your advice. My car is being worked on at Central right now. The estimate came back pretty cheap at $320, luckily there is a "paint line" on the pillar so they don't need to paint the whole panel that extends all the way to the rear quarter. This doesn't include a replacement shadow trim above the window which I haven't gotten a price yet but BMW did special order for me, I'm assuming it will be about $200. Man I miss my car already!
I would miss that beast too!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My cars at Central too! It has been a long 2 1/2 weeks waiting... I miss my car too
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My cars at Central too! It has been a long 2 1/2 weeks waiting... I miss my car too
But its Thursday!! ... Didn't you get it back yesterday?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But its Thursday!! ... Didn't you get it back yesterday?
Traditional body shops... when they say they need a week, it really means two. They originally told me it would take 5 days, then a week, now almost three weeks. The Amuse bumper was a pain, as I saw the fitment was horrible and a lot of custom work needed to be done. I am picking it up this afternoon!
Appreciate 0