E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > driving licence

10-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

driving licence

Hi, ok weird one A guy at work has 2 sp30s then got caught with no insurance (cant) ,received a summons and with the totting up 6 points for no insurance came out with a 3 month ban and £485 fine,the car was crushed as well.

Now the three months is up and he has to re apply for his licence another £65 ?

what will his licence show on it as at work now there is a policy of 9 points you dont get to use the company fleet .

He rekons it will show just the two sp30s and the 6 points that caused the ban are now removed as the ban is now served .

I think im sure he will have 12 points showing on his licence and will say something like banned from august 09 to oct 09

I am happy to be wrong but no one seams to know and am sick to death of the arguments does anyone know 100%

TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Disqualification as a result of a totting-up of 12 points on a licence results in a TT99 code and this stays on the licence for a period of four years from date of conviction.

I am 99.9% sure that the application for a new driving licence will result in a clean licence with no points, but the TT99 code will remain.
And yes, he needs to pay for a new licence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ns/DG_10022425

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ions/DG_069887

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ons/DG_4022491
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

I was banned due to totting up 13 points some years ago. My licence was returned with no points but clearly showed a ban code. I can't remember the code but TT99 sounds familiar. But with this code it was impossible (without mega £££) to be insured on my wifes Smart car policy and caused several issues with company car insurance.

Essentially the ban is rated as worse than 9 points so likely to have company car issues.

I have also had a 'no insurance' issue on my licence since the ban. Insurance companies hate this one like the plague as well !!! Again couldn't get good prices to be insured with my wife's Smart.

The prognosis doesn't look good for your mate.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
I was banned due to totting up 13 points some years ago. My licence was returned with no points but clearly showed a ban code. I can't remember the code but TT99 sounds familiar. But with this code it was impossible (without mega £££) to be insured on my wifes Smart car policy and caused several issues with company car insurance.

Essentially the ban is rated as worse than 9 points so likely to have company car issues.

I have also had a 'no insurance' issue on my licence since the ban. Insurance companies hate this one like the plague as well !!! Again couldn't get good prices to be insured with my wife's Smart.

The prognosis doesn't look good for your mate.
Thanks guys. Serves him right as he choose to have no insurance ,
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Why do they give these people their licence back? If he's been prepared to drive without insurance once, he'll do it again, especially as it'll now be expensive to get.

£485 was not enough as a fine, he could have paid more than that for insurance. Low fines don't work as a deterant, its worth the gamble not to get caught! They should put a minimum, large fine (say £5k) and its prison if you can't pay it.
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
Why do they give these people their licence back? If he's been prepared to drive without insurance once, he'll do it again, especially as it'll now be expensive to get.

£485 was not enough as a fine, he could have paid more than that for insurance. Low fines don't work as a deterant, its worth the gamble not to get caught! They should put a minimum, large fine (say £5k) and its prison if you can't pay it.
I agree and am happy he is fucked ,funny as at work today they told the knob he wont be using a fleet vechicle till nov 2010
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

There are knobs who deliberately drive uninsured who should be crushed along with the car. Then there are knobs like me who thought I was covered on my insurance, and my mates insurance covered me to drive his car. He was ill and too tired to continue driving. After being stopped by the Rozzers as they believed the car was uninsured we found out the car was but I wasn't !!! Absolute genuine mistake on both parts. 6 points and £170 fine later. Insurance companies then avoid you like the plague as they believe you are a fraudster and only marginally better than the cretins who drink drive.
Appreciate 0