BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM
Closed Thread

10-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
gongju
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3

Ordering M3 from Dave bmwsonline.com?

I haven't been able to find a great deal of info through posts from other people that have ordered through him but how long does it generally take to acquire your new vehicle from the date that you've put in the order? My current BMW is a lease that ends in March 2010 and I'm trying to time getting my new car so that I get it before the lease is up. Also, does anyone know a good way of getting a hold of him... I sent him an email awhile ago regarding ordering and he hasn't responded to me yet.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
stevenross
General
Rep
Drives: a ride

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW X5 3.Slow  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongju View Post
I haven't been able to find a great deal of info through posts from other people that have ordered through him but how long does it generally take to acquire your new vehicle from the date that you've put in the order? My current BMW is a lease that ends in March 2010 and I'm trying to time getting my new car so that I get it before the lease is up. Also, does anyone know a good way of getting a hold of him... I sent him an email awhile ago regarding ordering and he hasn't responded to me yet.

Thanks!
send him another email he replied back to me right away..

as far as ordering goes.. this would be my 4th bmw and they usually take 4-6 weeks depending as to where they are in the process..

S
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

David is a great guy. You can ask for him (David Aviles) by calling his dealership Russel BMW 410.744.2000.
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
ToddM3FutureOwner
Rep
Drives: Future Owner

Does David offer the best prices when trying to order your M? Can anyone share what how he prices his cars that you all have bought? Meaning how much below sticker is typical?

thanks for helping as I just joined the forum a few day ago; great place I might add!!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

just go to the website, it's at invoice
      10-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
just go to the website, it's at invoice

hmm has anyone see these things go below invoice? i am specifically looking at an m3 cab
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Wholeheartedly recommend him!

I just bought my E92 M3 through David Aviles at Russel and did Eurodelivery. Anxiously awaiting redelivery-car was on the Undine and finally made it to Newark. What a fantastic experience and David was an integral part of it.

David does indeed sell you a brand new M3 at invoice though there is a small dealer fee to cover fedex and paperwork fees etc. He's a former Marine and loves his job and all thing BMW. He's a very nice guy and we had some good conversations about BMW and other topics.

Due to the great deal he's probably very busy so responses to my emails were not always immediate but when it was anything important he was right on it, even calling and emailing while on vacation when I had questions. I agree with the earlier poster that calling is the best way to get an immediate answer, David was always responsive to my calls.

The bottom line is that the process went smoothly and I was very happy to get my E92 M3 for invoice+fee+reg. Also, his colleagues at Russel seemed very professional and competent and I am one of those who is very skeptical of dealerships. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
I just bought my E92 M3 through David Aviles at Russel and did Eurodelivery. Anxiously awaiting redelivery-car was on the Undine and finally made it to Newark. What a fantastic experience and David was an integral part of it.

David does indeed sell you a brand new M3 at invoice though there is a small dealer fee to cover fedex and paperwork fees etc. He's a former Marine and loves his job and all thing BMW. He's a very nice guy and we had some good conversations about BMW and other topics.

Due to the great deal he's probably very busy so responses to my emails were not always immediate but when it was anything important he was right on it, even calling and emailing while on vacation when I had questions. I agree with the earlier poster that calling is the best way to get an immediate answer, David was always responsive to my calls.

The bottom line is that the process went smoothly and I was very happy to get my E92 M3 for invoice+fee+reg. Also, his colleagues at Russel seemed very professional and competent and I am one of those who is very skeptical of dealerships. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.
i am already in the works of speaking with him

will be very excited to see what he comes back with.,.

steven
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep
Drives: 540 M Sport; 330; 135

What am I missing here?

Sounds like he's a great guy and all, but I paid $1,000 over invoice to buy from my local dealer. When my M3 needs service the dealership gets me in right away, gives me one of their "nicer" BMW loaners and bends over backwards killing me with service.

When the X5 needs service, they send a valet out to the house with a loaner BMW for my wife to drive, then return the X5 to her when it's completed. (I don't have them valet the M3).

If you are spending $60,000-plus on a car, is it really worth giving all that up to save a lousy $1,000? Like I said, I just don't get it.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

If your lease ends in March, I'd say you ahve till January to place your order.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
What am I missing here?

Sounds like he's a great guy and all, but I paid $1,000 over invoice to buy from my local dealer. When my M3 needs service the dealership gets me in right away, gives me one of their "nicer" BMW loaners and bends over backwards killing me with service.

When the X5 needs service, they send a valet out to the house with a loaner BMW for my wife to drive, then return the X5 to her when it's completed. (I don't have them valet the M3).

If you are spending $60,000-plus on a car, is it really worth giving all that up to save a lousy $1,000? Like I said, I just don't get it.
Don't think you're missing anything. You've made an choice about what $1,000 means to you and how you want to spend it. Other people who may have different priorities make different choices. Why is that so hard to understand? Is it a way of publicizing your wealth that it has to be a "lousy $1,000"? I don't know you so I can't say but I don't get why you would jump into this thread with an off-topic criticism of other's choices.

Maybe some people, like me, are stretching to buy the car they love and $1,000 helps. Maybe some people, like me, get perfectly good maintenance service from my local dealer regardless of whether I bought a car there. Maybe some people, like me, don't need the additional bending over backwards (ego stroking). And maybe some people, like me, just like to get the best possible deal, that is our opinion of the best possible deal. Hope I helped clear things up.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep

It's not at all off-topic, it's a legitimate question. Obviously, one you are not willing to ask yourself.

Adding $1,000 to a cap cost adds about $30/month to a lease payment. If that is going to make a difference in you getting or not getting the car, perhaps you are stretching yourself a wee bit too much.

And it is NOT ego stroking to get a service appointment (with BMW loaner) 2 days from now, rather than getting an appointment a week and a half from now with no loaner, or a POS from Enterprise. When you drive a $60,000 car (actually $75,000) more often or not your time is valuable and these things make a difference.

If it brings you joy to squeeze every penny out of the deal, that's fine. All I was pointing out is that there are other folks on this board who like to establish long-standing relationships with members of our local community, knowing that if we treat them fairly, they will return the favor.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not at all off-topic, it's a legitimate question. Obviously, one you are not willing to ask yourself.

Adding $1,000 to a cap cost adds about $30/month to a lease payment. If that is going to make a difference in you getting or not getting the car, perhaps you are stretching yourself a wee bit too much.

And it is NOT ego stroking to get a service appointment (with BMW loaner) 2 days from now, rather than getting an appointment a week and a half from now with no loaner, or a POS from Enterprise. When you drive a $60,000 car (actually $75,000) more often or not your time is valuable and these things make a difference.

If it brings you joy to squeeze every penny out of the deal, that's fine. All I was pointing out is that there are other folks on this board who like to establish long-standing relationships with members of our local community, knowing that if we treat them fairly, they will return the favor.
Ummm-actually it is very off-topic. Go back and read the original post; it simply asked about working with a particular dealership/CA. It most certainly didn't ask for snide remarks about how other people are beyond your apparently limited capacity to comprehend them because they choose to save $1,000 of their own money.

Thanks for your help with my personal finances and budget but I don't need it and couldn't possible care less whether you think I can afford my M3. Once again, your egocentrism causes you to miss the fact that all people's situations and priorities do not match yours. I don't have to wait for service appointments and I do get perfectly good loaners due to relationships that I have forged in other ways so what am I losing exactly?

It's just wonderful that you want to spend an extra grand to establish business relationships and no one begrudges YOU doing that. However if all you wanted to do was make a general point about establishing relationships I suggest you start your own thread so its actually on topic and that you refine your communication skills because that point was buried under the distracting condescension about how you get treated so special and how you just can't understand those of us who are foolish enough to make decisions that are different from yours.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #14
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep

Okay, here's what I really think.

You have THREE, count 'em, THREE posts on M3 Post, all on this thread. You are proud of the fact that you did business with an out-of-state dealer so you could save $30 to $50 a month on your payments. For all I know you are so tight with a buck that you stayed in hostels on your ED, and plan on buying your gas at Costco.

Do I admire you? Not for a nano-second. You are a troll. Grow up and accept the fact that there are folks in this world that see things differently than you do.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
DEL451
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

I completely recommend David. He's been right on with my 2010 M3. At invoice. Easy to communicate with and no run around. I couldn't be more pleased with the process. He's made my transition back to a M3 pretty darn straightforward and simple.

I assume he's swamped with not only folks on this board with M3s but folks on the other boards buying from him. Given him a ring. He'll get back to you.

As for the other poster, I don't find sales or service tied together and helping me after the sale. They are 2 separate groups with different motivations. I find building a good relationship with your service person to be the best route to getting priority, a decent loaner, and extras like a quart of oil when you need it. And calling for the same service person each time you need to bring your car in and making sure you put in explicitly good words for the service person with the customer sat follow-up.

As for me, I am all for relationships but it works 2 ways. I've gotten my 4 BMWs from the same dealer sales fellow here and expected a bigger break this time given the downturn and flushing out inventory. But wouldn't do so and wasn't even willing to come closer to David's offer whatsoever. Not like this is my last BMW. Disappointing to say the least but hey I understand - it's business at the end of the day. He has his quota and markup to meet and I have my money to save. So be it then.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #16
isabayo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:

You have THREE, count 'em, THREE posts on M3 Post, all on this thread. You are proud of the fact that you did business with an out-of-state dealer so you could save $30 to $50 a month on your payments. For all I know you are so tight with a buck that you stayed in hostels on your ED, and plan on buying your gas at Costco.

Do I admire you? Not for a nano-second. You are a troll. Grow up and accept the fact that there are folks in this world that see things differently than you do.
What does the post count have anything to do with this? does it make him less worthy on m3post? If anything, it just means he has better things to do than sit on m3post all day long.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #17
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by day1yun View Post
What does the post count have anything to do with this? does it make him less worthy on m3post? If anything, it just means he has better things to do than sit on m3post all day long.
Like figuring out how to save $30/month? Please.

To PDS22: That's great your BMW Center treats all service customers so well. Unfortunately, many of them have one level of service for folks who bought there, another for those who did business away. If you get the same priority, loaners, etc. then your SA is indeed a good guy. Many are not so lucky.

Another advantage to dealing locally is that the management and sales department of my dealership live locally and spend their paychecks locally. They not only "support" our local economy (grocery stores, clothing stores, restaurants, you name it), but they also sponsor Little League teams, blood drives, Susan B. Komen events, etc. My opinion (which is obviously 180 degrees different than many of yours) is that it is worth "something" to me to support a local business.

Just out of curiousity, did all you guys order your M3's and other BMW's from Dave without a test drive? I sincerely hope you didn't stop by your local dealer, inspect cars, colors and options on his lot, take a test drive, use up some CA's time, and then buy your car on line. That would be just plain wrong.

Nah, that would never happen.....
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #18
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Like figuring out how to save $30/month? Please.

To PDS22: That's great your BMW Center treats all service customers so well. Unfortunately, many of them have one level of service for folks who bought there, another for those who did business away. If you get the same priority, loaners, etc. then your SA is indeed a good guy. Many are not so lucky.

Another advantage to dealing locally is that the management and sales department of my dealership live locally and spend their paychecks locally. They not only "support" our local economy (grocery stores, clothing stores, restaurants, you name it), but they also sponsor Little League teams, blood drives, Susan B. Komen events, etc. My opinion (which is obviously 180 degrees different than many of yours) is that it is worth "something" to me to support a local business.

Just out of curiousity, did all you guys order your M3's and other BMW's from Dave without a test drive? I sincerely hope you didn't stop by your local dealer, inspect cars, colors and options on his lot, take a test drive, use up some CA's time, and then buy your car on line. That would be just plain wrong.

Nah, that would never happen.....
lol you guys are funny..

hmm i think thats why bmw has multiple dealerships.. and not just one dealer for the whole united states.. its called competition, and apparently this gentleman dave.. is doing a good job taking business away from local dealerships, as his service and price is on point..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #19
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenross View Post
lol you guys are funny..

hmm i think thats why bmw has multiple dealerships.. and not just one dealer for the whole united states.. its called competition, and apparently this gentleman dave.. is doing a good job taking business away from local dealerships, as his service and price is on point..
I LOVE competition. We have 6 dealerships within a 30 minute drive of my house, and I don't use the closest one, I use the most competitive. However, this center gets both my sales AND my service business.

I have no problem if the other folks on this thread bought their cars mail order without ever taking a test drive or otherwise "using" the local center's sales department. But if so, they must have deeper pockets than I do - no way I could ever pull the trigger on a $75,000 car without taking one for a test drive and agonizing over options and color combinations. (Isn't that half the fun?)

You can flame me all you want, but IMHO it is unethical for anyone to go to his local center, take a test drive, chew up a bunch of a CA's time walking the lot and looking at colors and options, then buy the car online. Dave (who is probably the nicest guy in the world for all I know) has an unfair advantage: he doesn't have to maintain a fleet of demos, or waste time with tire kickers.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #20
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My post count, really? So when you can't respond to the actual points in a response just attack the post count. Are you going to call me names (oops you just did) or insult my mother next? Pitiful.

You're right, I don't post a lot. I am busy as I'm sure many posters are but I often don't feel I have something new or helpful to post. Apparently you don't let that hold you back. Regardless, if your major point is that I have fewer posts then you win Just remember that, if you ever have a different viewpoint from anyone on this forum that has more posts than you.

I did post on this thread (to my undying regret) to respond to the the OP who asked a perfectly reasonable question about David Aviles about whom I had information and with whom I had a very good experience. You decided to jump in, as far as I can tell, with no useful information for the OP but to let everyone know that you consider $1,000 an inconsequential amount because you're so wealthy...good for you.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what your comment about buying gas at Costco or where I may have stayed on my ED trip has to do with anything. Just bizarre! I guess you're just calling me poor which confirms my overall impression that you are one of these people who thinks they are better than everyone who doesn't have as much $$ as they do or at least doesn't spend it the same way. Very sad. With that attitude, you should definitely pay people to have to do deal with you, perhaps it should be more. Your last line is the most ironic; that's been my point all along but you're way too puffed up and pompous to get it. Good luck with your post count and your money
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
kgz
Rep
Drives: Honda Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
mphatic .. in what ballpark was the dealer fee? Would that change based on the distance as well (as FedEx charges do increase proportional to distance)?

Congrats on the car.

... quackbury .. relax on the local economy thing .. you just shipped over 80% of 70K overseas to Germany! Who cares about the $1000 to the dealership that would anyway end up in China? .. yes figuratively speaking
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgz View Post
mphatic .. in what ballpark was the dealer fee? Would that change based on the distance as well (as FedEx charges do increase proportional to distance)?

Congrats on the car.

... quackbury .. relax on the local economy thing .. you just shipped over 80% of 70K overseas to Germany! Who cares about the $1000 to the dealership that would anyway end up in China? .. yes figuratively speaking
KGZ-Thanks! I don't think it would be increased by distance but not positive. Total should be $300 or less, once again, my best guess. Be careful of the quacky dude if you're asking about a grand or less then you're poor and aren't allowed to buy an M3. PM me if I can help in any way or answer any more questions.

Last edited by mphatic; 10-19-2009 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread