BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Exclamation Nurburgring 24 Oct.

If anyone wants to roll let me know. I plan to bail out of K-Town around 8AM. If you're interested in rolling up there shoot me a PM.

Nick
      03-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Bump up.

Any plans for a trip out to Nurburgring anytime soon?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

I wanna go! Do you already have tickets? Any for sale/available?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Just go to the track and buy a ticket pass from the vending machine! And have your fun!!

Last time I went there it costs 17 euros for ONE LAP! I think its up to 23 euros IF I remember it right. Still that will take the average mortal 15 minutes of pleasure for ONE lap!

You just need to find out what dates the track is open to the public. Probably over the Easter break it will be quite busy.
I always enjoyed hanging out with my nose and camera poking thru the fence - to watch the various prototypes getting flung around the track. While waiting for the track to open up to the public.

I don't know what kind of tags your car has... but I remember reading (somewhere online) you can NOT drive on the track with the German yellow temp tags. Nor can you drive on the 'Ring with "HK", "AF" or "AD" USAEUR tags. You need the German cover tags. But everyone should have been switched over to these by now. But there are a few odd balls still runing around with them.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/

http://bridgetogantry.com/index.php?...onth=03&day=19

Btw... I think the 'Ring had more "charm" when there was that Old Opa who collected your money are let you go around the track. Now you buy your 'Ring Ticket from a park haus style vending machine and its quite strange to me atleast! I miss the old guy. But thats been years since he was doing that job. lol I also miss the old 'Ring Museum. The new Mega BMW Museum is a little over the top for a corperate advertisement.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 02:23 AM   #5
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Just go to the track and buy a ticket pass from the vending machine! And have your fun!!

Last time I went there it costs 17 euros for ONE LAP! I think its up to 23 euros IF I remember it right. Still that will take the average mortal 15 minutes of pleasure for ONE lap!

You just need to find out what dates the track is open to the public. Probably over the Easter break it will be quite busy.
I always enjoyed hanging out with my nose and camera poking thru the fence - to watch the various prototypes getting flung around the track. While waiting for the track to open up to the public.

I don't know what kind of tags your car has... but I remember reading (somewhere online) you can NOT drive on the track with the German yellow temp tags. Nor can you drive on the 'Ring with "HK", "AF" or "AD" USAEUR tags. You need the German cover tags. But everyone should have been switched over to these by now. But there are a few odd balls still runing around with them.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/

http://bridgetogantry.com/index.php?...onth=03&day=19
The price is about 21-22 Euros and they don't use tickets or the watch transponder anymore. They use what they call now a "Ring Card" and they put in that the laps that you purchase. You also use it at the Cafe/Restaurant too. The card is yours to keep.

On the Tags, you can run on the Ring with HK,AD,AF plates as long as they are valid and not expired. There a very, very few with them but I ran my E30 on 3 different occasions from 07-08 and never had any problems. You can also go to the website http://www.nuerburgring.de/ft/nordsc...tml?no_cache=1 and it will also give you the dates and times for both the GP and Nordschleife course.

I don't think i'll be able to roll with some guys I know this Sunday but I do plan to roll the 28th. Just shoot me a pm if you want to meet up there.

Nick
      03-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Heck, it's on Tomorrow! I'm ready to roll even with winters on.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I'm gonna try for next weekend. Forecast calls for rain almost all day and strong winds. I was in Trier today and the stupid rain never stopped. If you want, we can meet up there next weekend. When do you ship the 1er?
      03-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
I'm gonna try for next weekend. Forecast calls for rain almost all day and strong winds. I was in Trier today and the stupid rain never stopped. If you want, we can meet up there next weekend. When do you ship the 1er?
I'm thinking of shipping in May to hopefully have her back by end of June.
I think you're right about skipping tomorrow with rain. I just read a long article on the Ring with rain conditions and ... yeah, I'll wait one more week and see if it clears up. At the same time, it might have less of a crowd which is what I hate. I'm running short on time.

Here's the article if you're curious: http://bimmerfile.com/files/Nurburgring.pdf
It's the article called "Official BMW guide to the Ring"
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

So can you race other cars on the track? I have never been down there...is it fun? Can I drive it with my reg RFT on the track?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmpesh View Post
So can you race other cars on the track? I have never been down there...is it fun? Can I drive it with my reg RFT on the track?
Man, you're in for such a treat. Yeah, you can take your reg car w/RFT and open it up. Be cautious though, if you wreck, it's all on you. It's not a 1/4 mile track -- it's a circuit track/course. Click on the link posted above to get more info, it's also in english.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
Man, you're in for such a treat. Yeah, you can take your reg car w/RFT and open it up. Be cautious though, if you wreck, it's all on you. It's not a 1/4 mile track -- it's a circuit track/course. Click on the link posted above to get more info, it's also in english.

Correction: WOman

Thanks for posting..I'll check it out!

My coworker told me, "if you wreck, call a tow truck and have em tow you a mile down the road into a ditch..."

Probably not a genius plan right there...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmpesh View Post
Correction: WOman

Thanks for posting..I'll check it out!

My coworker told me, "if you wreck, call a tow truck and have em tow you a mile down the road into a ditch..."

Probably not a genius plan right there...
Well excuse me. Sorry to hear about that outrageous ticket price from your other post. You should give us all a warning to the location.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

Checked out the website...looks like the Nordschleife is open this Sunday...I think I'll go check it out. Thanks for the info..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
BBBluey
Major
Rep

I'm down for Sunday as well. We could meet and drive up, let me know.

Nick, can you make it this weekend?

Actually I think there's a group gathering to hit up Normandy this weekend too. Now I'm torn.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #15
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I think I can. I will let you know for sure by thursday. I might also be coming with some people too. Do you still have the winter tires for sale? Looks like I might be staying in Germany since I got offered a job in Vilseck. I will be able to let you know for sure by monday.
      03-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #16
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

Normandy would be awesome as well...where is that one heading out of?
      03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

Normandy would be awesome as well...where is that one heading out of?
      03-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #18
BBBluey
Major
Rep

I guess Sunday is on.

Congrats on the job offer. I still have the tires.

Normandy WAS headed out from Spangdahlem 2am on Sat- I say was because apparently people just wanted to jump in my Ody and I do all the driving so they can party up. Nice. You two sounded excited about it as well so in actuallity, if you're more game for Normandy, then darn it, I'll take this one for the team.- I won't be here, but June 6 (I believe) is the anniversary date - not sure if you'd rather wait- I just can't and need to get that trip done.

Let me know.
Robert
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #19
dlmpesh
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
I guess Sunday is on.

Congrats on the job offer. I still have the tires.

Normandy WAS headed out from Spangdahlem 2am on Sat- I say was because apparently people just wanted to jump in my Ody and I do all the driving so they can party up. Nice. You two sounded excited about it as well so in actuallity, if you're more game for Normandy, then darn it, I'll take this one for the team.- I won't be here, but June 6 (I believe) is the anniversary date - not sure if you'd rather wait- I just can't and need to get that trip done.

Let me know.
Robert
As from my other post, I am staying off the roads for a lil while...until every camera along the autobahn stops targeting my car..and my photoblocker shows up

Or I can scam tricare into taking this huge piece of lead out of my foot...
      03-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #20
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Your insurance covers damages on the Nordschliefe. Unless you have AIG or AIU or any of those funny companies around the bases. They have clauses specifically for the ring. USAA, Farmers, etc. don't.

Two of my friends (and plenty aquaintences) wrecked on the ring and thier insurance covered it. As of mid 2008, they require foreigners (especially americans) to pay for the Armcos on the spot though. They are something like 250 euro per meter.

The track officials will talk to polizei and your insurance company if need be to remind them that the nordschleife is a TOLL ROAD and subject to insurance coverage. Ex: My friend totaled his evo, had it towed up the street from the ring to a junkyard, and collected his insurance check a week or two later We also went up to the junkyard and pulled a compton style strip of his car parts lol. Be safe and this convo should be obsolete!

Here's the evo,

Funny thing was, when the ADAC truck parked in front of the webcam, the evo forums noticed it and created a post about it. So a friend of my friend called and said "Dude, there's an Evo just like yours that got totaled on the ring". My friend then had to swallow his pride and admit that it was his hahaha.

Here's what you can expect it to be like:

Mods feel free to delete the video if it shouldn't be in here.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 03-25-2010 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #21
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Gutsy pass when you were chasing the vette. Was that lap on stock suspension?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Yup. The passes look a lot closer on the video than they were. As far as I could tell with the adrenaline pumping anyway. It would have been a way better time with a good suspension. I would suggest everyone try out the gti from rentracecar.de. THAT is a good suspension. Kw clubsports I believe.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0