BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

10-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

pyspeed is a reliable sponsor?

Not sure if this thread should go here but I saw some stuff on pyspeed.com and's cheaper than other vendors so I am not sure if any of you guys have any experience with them?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
As with any business you choose to do business with, you should do a bit of homework before forking over your hard earned money:

- Is the company you are dealing with a true brick and mortar business?
Nothing beats seeing a part in your own hands before purchasing. While we admire those just starting out their own businesses, you should research a bit on the company history and their reputation before making a purchase. Most home-based businesses will be email only (most obvious are those website lacking a phone number and/or physical address).

- Do they stock the part you wish to purchase?
Drop-shipping should only be used when time is a constraint or in extreme cases, not as a primary means of doing business. Rather than simply listing everything on a site, those dealers should choose specific manufacturers to work with. A stocking inventory shows absolute loyalty to the brands they carry.

- Customer Service
The best overall value consists of 3 things: Quality, Price and Service.

- Is the company you are purchasing from an authorized vendor of the particular part you are shopping for?
Most manufacturers will only deal with true brick and mortar businesses, in very rare cases - home businesses. Reputable brands will have a directory of authorized vendors that stock and have extensive knowledge about the products they offer, while ensuring full factory warranty on your purchase.

Manufacturers will most times not warranty or support items that are purchased through an unauthorized vendor or grey market (including eBay).

- Handling Personal Information
With the growing threat of identity theft, make sure the business you are dealing with has taken certain precautions to make sure your private info is safe and secure.

- 128/256 Bit Encryption
- Valid SSL Certificate
- PCI Compliance for all Credit Card Transactions
- Payment Processing through a verified merchant service (Authorize.net)
- Is their website hosted on a shared hosting plan or dedicated server?

This one is especially important as this can compromise your personal info and credit card numbers since many websites can be shared on the same machine.

- Privacy Info
Will the company you choose agree to never sell, rent or provide any of your information to 3rd party references?

- Options to pay by PayPal or Google Checkout
This adds an extra layer of security by purchasing via Google or PayPal. Your sensitive financial information is securely stored on their servers. When making an online purchase, you provide only your PayPal or Google email address without ever revealing your financial information.

Anyone can offer a cheap price when no inventory or overhead is involved. Hope this helps in your buying decision.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leozap View Post
Not sure if this thread should go here but I saw some stuff on pyspeed.com and's cheaper than other vendors so I am not sure if any of you guys have any experience with them?

Thanks
Not sure how everyone feel, but so far I think PYSPEED has provided a really great cusomter service and the quality of prodcuts was awesome I have to give Eric@PYSPEED some credits for it. And all my buddies that who had deal with PYSPEED before are all happy with the business too.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Eric@PySpeed is great. Everything I've gotten from them has been delivered quickly. They kept me up to date throughout the entire process. I have no hesitation recommending them. Sometimes the smaller vendors can provide superior service. They are one of them.
      10-31-2009, 03:13 AM   #5
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

Pyspeed is awesome! I've had an amazing experience with them. Eric is always quick to response, amicable and reliable. Go ahead and just buy it! You won't regret it!!! They ship out quick as well as have good prices.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Sometimes the smaller vendors can provide superior service. They are one of them.
Pyspeed is one of the best small vendors I've ever worked with!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:28 AM   #7
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
As with any business you choose to do business with, you should do a bit of homework before forking over your hard earned money:

Nothing beats seeing a part in your own hands before purchasing. While we admire those just starting out their own businesses, you should research a bit on the company history and their reputation before making a purchase. Most home-based businesses will be email only (most obvious are those website lacking a phone number and/or physical address).

Drop-shipping should only be used when time is a constraint or in extreme cases, not as a primary means of doing business. Rather than simply listing everything on a site, those dealers should choose specific manufacturers to work with. A stocking inventory shows absolute loyalty to the brands they carry.

- Customer Service
The best overall value consists of 3 things: Quality, Price and Service.

- Is the company you are purchasing from an authorized vendor of the particular part you are shopping for?
Most manufacturers will only deal with true brick and mortar businesses, in very rare cases - home businesses. Reputable brands will have a directory of authorized vendors that stock and have extensive knowledge about the products they offer, while ensuring full factory warranty on your purchase.

Manufacturers will most times not warranty or support items that are purchased through an unauthorized vendor or grey market (including eBay).

- Handling Personal Information
With the growing threat of identity theft, make sure the business you are dealing with has taken certain precautions to make sure your private info is safe and secure.

- 128/256 Bit Encryption
- Valid SSL Certificate
- PCI Compliance for all Credit Card Transactions
- Payment Processing through a verified merchant service (Authorize.net)
- Is their website hosted on a shared hosting plan or dedicated server?

This one is especially important as this can compromise your personal info and credit card numbers since many websites can be shared on the same machine.

- Privacy Info
Will the company you choose agree to never sell, rent or provide any of your information to 3rd party references?

- Options to pay by PayPal or Google Checkout
This adds an extra layer of security by purchasing via Google or PayPal. Your sensitive financial information is securely stored on their servers. When making an online purchase, you provide only your PayPal or Google email address without ever revealing your financial information.

Anyone can offer a cheap price when no inventory or overhead is involved. Hope this helps in your buying decision.
tom, i think you guys are great, but at the same time, i think this is a vendor fucking with another vendor.

on another note, i know mike IRL and he's a good guy. he was a regular poster on this forum long before he became a vendor. it was about passion before it was about making an income off selling BMW parts.

it is what it is, and people will choose where to spend their money, but i don't think a vendor should post some generic "here's how you should spend your money" spiel about another vendor. that's passive aggressiveness. because one shop is brick and mortar and one might not be is irrelevant. if one shop can offer the same product at a cheaper price and deliver the customer the same results cheaper, then why not?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

You shouldn't post a thread like this here, it just sparks a nonsense debate. Check the vendor comment review, that's what it's for. I've posted my review of Pyspeed in there, check it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

It seems like half the vendors drop ship and probably don't even have a warehouse. Does this make them less of a vendor ? I have dealt with some companies in the past that drop ship and had the best price, no problems.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:41 AM   #10
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

+1 for PYspeed. Good people, great prices.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:45 AM   #11
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
It seems like half the vendors drop ship and probably don't even have a warehouse. Does this make them less of a vendor ? I have dealt with some companies in the past that drop ship and had the best price, no problems.
well based on some of tom's previous posts in pyspeed threads, there is obviously some animosity. it's all business in the end, but excessive overhead cuts down from being able to offer the same shit at a lower price. i'm not saying that eas is a bad vendor, because i think they're one of the best vendors here, but i also believe the nature of the forum game here, one vendor should not be allowed to screw with another vendor. tom is implicitly trying to screw with pyspeed with his generic form slam of vendors without a garage. the fact is, both vendors can deliver the same product in the same amount of time, with the same warranties, with the same level of customer service, but one can do it cheaper because they don't have as much overhead. so why not? i don't think tom can provide a decent enough excuse to answer those questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:45 AM   #12
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
tom, i think you guys are great, but at the same time, i think this is a vendor fucking with another vendor.
I completely agree. When the boss has to post some crap like this, this makes you wonder about the character of the individual...go figure...

Low blow...low blow...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #13
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Pisses me off that some people think they are the shit...when they don't even manufacture worth shit. I hate when big companies try to do business this way...i sense some jealousy....
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #14
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

I don't think Tom was making an attack at PYSpeed, but maybe should stayed out of the thread. He made some good points. I used to work with my uncles who were high performance mechanics and bought aftermarket parts at jobber -% prices from wholesale distributors. Traditionally the business that stockpiles the most gets the most % of jobber, thus resulting in lower resale prices. Now and days, it seems smaller guys managed to compete by either working exclusive deals (i.e. advertising) or by taking a much smaller cut of profits (taking into consideration smaller overhead expenses).

Also, most big parts vendors sell performance parts and accessories from companies that don't sell to the public. For example, with Japanese cars, you have Greddy, HKS, Apexi, Veilside, Vortech, etc. Most of those parts are ordered through a wholesale distributor, and makes it way down to the vendor. Now if you look on M3Post, most parts can be bought directly from the maker. If you call Vorsteiner, Active Autowerkes, EvoSport, VMR, Rogue, etc you can buy without middle man.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 04:24 AM   #15
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I don't think Tom was making an attack at PYSpeed, but maybe should stayed out of the thread. He made some good points.
whilst he might have made a point about something, we aren't buying jewelry or anything extremely rare. i wouldn't buy a rolex from "cheaprolex.cn" or something like that. we're buying commonly available bmw parts from verified, legitimate vendors. they all get their parts from the same people, and because one guy doesn't have those parts in stock in his shop (whatever that might entail) doesn't mean the other guy can't get those same parts to the customer in the same amount of time. that's been proven to be false over and over again. (in regards to drop ship vs brick and mortar)

Quote:
Now if you look on M3Post, most parts can be bought directly from the maker. If you call Vorsteiner, Active Autowerkes, EvoSport, VMR, Rogue, etc you can buy without middle man.
indeed, but there are countless vendors on here that offer the same parts that you can buy directly from the mfg for cheaper prices. they are all authorized resellers and offer the same warranty the mfg gives. so the question is, how much money do you want to spend? i might push a hot button here by mentioning IND, but they're the rolls royce of vendors on here. while they're great at doing the whole customization of a particular customer's car, any good body shop near you can do the same for a less chunk of green. so you have to ask yourself...is bragging rights for using the rolls royce vendor really worth paying the premium? (it's the same shell V-power effect) i've been anti-fanboi since i first joined this forum, and that goes for vendors, too. i've used many of them, and i always go with the most competitively priced vendor, while still getting the same product and service without spending extra hundreds. again, it is what it is, but be miser with your money. it all adds up.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I can vouch for Pyspeed.com. I've ordered from them many times and they are fast and have great customer service. They are not as big as some of the other vendors here because their business model started out with providing parts for Audi. However, they are slowly creeping into the BMW market.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:

on another note, i know mike IRL and he's a good guy. he was a regular poster on this forum long before he became a vendor. it was about passion before it was about making an income off selling BMW parts.

it is what it is, and people will choose where to spend their money, but i don't think a vendor should post some generic "here's how you should spend your money" spiel about another vendor. that's passive aggressiveness. because one shop is brick and mortar and one might not be is irrelevant. if one shop can offer the same product at a cheaper price and deliver the customer the same results cheaper, then why not?
As long as the vendor you are doing business with (past, present and future) can answer those questions and you have a certain comfort level achieved, there should be no problem. These should be guidelines for any vendor, no one is is being targeted nor is immune. I apologize if you felt my post was out of context.

For example, just take a look at how many "wheel companies" have appeared here on the forum in the past 8 months.

Quote:

Knowing whom you are dealing with goes a long way, most individuals on the forum do not have that luxury.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
major_kusanagi
SWARM & COIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR/CF E92 M3

I got my wheels/tires from Eric @pyspeed. I couldn't be happier with his customer service. Yes, I was a little nervous with the lower prices. But as I continued to communicate with Eric, it was obvious he was very professional about his business. Superb shipping and handling too.

He seems to know what he's doing really well. Unlike some vendors spending a lot of time disparaging their competition, Eric just does his job.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
I completely agree. When the boss has to post some crap like this, this makes you wonder about the character of the individual...go figure...

Low blow...low blow...
I have to agree here. I was really taken aback by Tom's post. It will def have an effect on whether or not I decide to look at his org for the next phase of my modding... Kinda shady... And the follow up post just makes it worst by trying to deflect and say he meant his suggestions toward "any" vendor. It was obviously directed at Eric....we're not idiots here.
      10-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I've done a small amount of biz with PYSpeed (TPMS) and there were no issues.
      10-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I've done a small amount of biz with PYSpeed (TPMS) and there were no issues.
Same, good service on the TPMS sensors.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 01:00 AM   #22
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

very reliable. no problems!

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0