E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Repainting

12-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 3 series

Repainting

My sister's car got keyed the whole passenger side. If she goes through insurance will they repaint the roof since the back side pillar was scratched or do they blend it in? She also had a clear bra on it will they pay for that also.
She has zero deductible, will her rates go up for this?
It happened today most likely at a shopping mall and we just found out tonight and she just wants some answers to settle her down she is worried her insurance will go up.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

They will probably blend it, it will be cheaper for the insurance, but you can try to make a deal with the body shop to do the whole thing but it may cost you some $$'s.

If you take it to a really good shop they will fight for you to have it done right.

If the the clear bra was damaged as well, they will replace it as long as they know about it. (you may have to prove that the car had one).

Everyone has first time forgiveness but the insurance company knows how to get that money back.

Trust me on that, it happened to one of my older BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Isn't this like a no-fault claim?
      12-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
Isn't this like a no-fault claim?
Yes, everything is a no fault claim, but in this case you get one freebie, and it stays on your insurance record of about 5 yrs.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 3 series

She has been searching and what she has been finding is that it's no-fault and it shouldn't affect her premiums the first time. The more it happens the more likely they will raise them or drop you.

Does this count against your accident forgiveness option? I know the company I'm with told me that I get a forgiveness on an accident that is my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Everyone has first time forgiveness but the insurance company knows how to get that money back.

What did they do to get back at you?

It's crazy that she is scared to phone the insurance company, but I guess if they make it easy then there would be a lot of self inflected claims.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMBimmer View Post
She has been searching and what she has been finding is that it's no-fault and it shouldn't affect her premiums the first time. The more it happens the more likely they will raise them or drop you.

Does this count against your accident forgiveness option? I know the company I'm with told me that I get a forgiveness on an accident that is my fault.

What did they do to get back at you?

It's crazy that she is scared to phone the insurance company, but I guess if they make it easy then there would be a lot of self inflected claims.
That is so true , they know how to take the money from you and keep it!

That is why it should be government run.

They slowly raised my rates for about three years saying its because of inflation and I could not leave because other companies had higher rates, then after the 5 yrs period it went down until the government let them raise it again.

But you do have a forgiveness clause if its for an accident that is your fault or for vandalism , but God help you if you go beyond the first claim, just make sure the accident is not YOUR fault, if you get into one.

I don't want to scare you or your sister in to not putting in a claim because you got to get the car fix, you just cant drive in it like that because of a jealous fool who does not care if they do damage to a car you worked very hard for.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
miniritz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i black

Garage List
2009 323i  [0.00]
hey
i recently had the same thing happen to my car

so here is my experience:

i talked to my insurance company, they told me it falls under comprehensive claim, which means no affect on my rate. however, i still have to pay the deductible on the claim (in my case 300)

*** he stressed that if you make more than 3 comprehensive claims in i think 5 years, no insurance company will insure you after that. don't know how true this is.

anyway, we took the car to 2 places, the BMW referred place (which also happened to be a trusted shop of insurance company) quoted us 1300, and a friend's referral quoted us 850

the insurance company said they don't care which one we took it to, but they would haev to send out an adjuster to the non-trusted shop (takes more time, and more trips to the shop), whereas the trusted shop just takes some photos and emails it to them (quicker, one trip to shop).

so, we made the claim, dropped it off to the BMW referred place, paid $300 deductible to the shop 3/4 days later and got our car back good as new! (well, plus a couple of swirl marks from a "car wash")

anyway, hope this helps
      12-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
They will probably blend it, it will be cheaper for the insurance, but you can try to make a deal with the body shop to do the whole thing but it may cost you some $$'s.

If you take it to a really good shop they will fight for you to have it done right.

If the the clear bra was damaged as well, they will replace it as long as they know about it. (you may have to prove that the car had one).

A good blend in job is more expensive than to repaint the whole panel. And it is always better to get a good blend in job too. Usually unskillful body shop will repaint the whole panel but then they won't match the color on the rest of the other panel and also when you trade in your car, they will considered it has been in an accident since the paint age is not matching the factory date.
      12-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniritz View Post
hey
i recently had the same thing happen to my car

so here is my experience:

i talked to my insurance company, they told me it falls under comprehensive claim, which means no affect on my rate. however, i still have to pay the deductible on the claim (in my case 300)

*** he stressed that if you make more than 3 comprehensive claims in i think 5 years, no insurance company will insure you after that. don't know how true this is.

anyway, we took the car to 2 places, the BMW referred place (which also happened to be a trusted shop of insurance company) quoted us 1300, and a friend's referral quoted us 850

the insurance company said they don't care which one we took it to, but they would haev to send out an adjuster to the non-trusted shop (takes more time, and more trips to the shop), whereas the trusted shop just takes some photos and emails it to them (quicker, one trip to shop).

so, we made the claim, dropped it off to the BMW referred place, paid $300 deductible to the shop 3/4 days later and got our car back good as new! (well, plus a couple of swirl marks from a "car wash")

anyway, hope this helps
BMW/insurance referral place doesn't meant they are good. T&C refer you to Royfoss, do you want to go there!