BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

12-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
sub7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & 135i

Riss Racing Inc. In trouble please read

To the community,

This is Anthony Co-Owner of Riss Racing Inc. I would first like to explain the situation and what has transpired over that last two weeks. Adam came to me and explain how he would like to transfer his part of the company over to me and go his separate way. To start his own business. This was agreed, and I decided to re invent the company by cleaning up the issues at hand. I was going to take on an investor and salvage the situation we were in. All of our products had fitment issues/drone issues that needed to be fixed and they have not been fixed. Adam stated he would stay on with the company through the end of the year. During this time he continued to undermined what I was trying to do. Steer quality employees in the wrong direction, and basically set me up to fail. Since I did not have full control yet I waited to see what he would do. His plans did not work out and due to his personal finical troubles I assume he figured his only way out was through Riss. He then returned to the company saying he wanted to take it over etc.... I was not willing to sign my end of the company over to him due to the fact I do not think he would be able to preform the job at hand. He has zero fabrication background, zero automotive background, and no ability to sustain the business by himself. He then locked me out of access to all order through google, paypal, authorize, and shipping. He also locked me out of all my forum names + personal email to avoid me informing you all like I am now. All of these were in his name. I had no choice but to sit back and I have done so since then. He then issued an email to our vendors stating I left this company which is not true. I am not willing to work along side somebody that is self destructing, and with that fact myself, Daniel, and Tony have not been to work since the shop is in his name. I understand this is not a PC smoke screen response you would all be used too from the owner of a company. However I feel the truth to the community is necessary. I know there are many outstanding orders that need to be fulfilled, and I want to let you all know I have no control of that. You will need to contact adam@rissracing.com. The fact of the matter is myself, Daniel the lead tech, and Tony the lead fabricator have no access. With this said there is no way to build products. All produts that are manufactured in China downpipes, exhausts, catch cans, catted downpipes. Most are not paid, and have no way of being shipped out. I strongly urge you to request refunds or cancel your orders while this situation is being resolved. I do not feel right leaving you guys in limbo as we settle the issues at hand. I do not know if Adam plans to ship these too you or what he is doing. He is right now a one man operation that was already to much work for us 4. In regards to anybody the MINI 02 SIM the programmer is moving to Oregon and it is not possible to finish this product. The MINI BOV does not function properly as well while I was there we still did not have that issue sorted out. If you ordered catted downpipes they are not even in production yet. I do not feel comfortable knowing that my name is attached to something I have no control of. So I feel the best thing I can do for the community is tell you the full situation. I feel that somebody that is willing to do this to his close friend/business partner, and employees that have been loyal to us for 3 years + I have no idea what he would be willing to do to our customers. I am very upset that things turned out this way. I have made many relationships with people in this community and I still value them. I highly suggest you no longer do business with Riss Racing Inc. I feel the company is heading in a direction of disaster. I thank you all for your support, and wish you all a happy holiday season.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
JN2009
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub7 View Post
To the community,

This is Anthony Co-Owner of Riss Racing Inc. I would first like to explain the situation and what has transpired over that last two weeks. Adam came to me and explain how he would like to transfer his part of the company over to me and go his separate way. To start his own business. This was agreed, and I decided to re invent the company by cleaning up the issues at hand. I was going to take on an investor and salvage the situation we were in. All of our products had fitment issues/drone issues that needed to be fixed and they have not been fixed. Adam stated he would stay on with the company through the end of the year. During this time he continued to undermined what I was trying to do. Steer quality employees in the wrong direction, and basically set me up to fail. Since I did not have full control yet I waited to see what he would do. His plans did not work out and due to his personal finical troubles I assume he figured his only way out was through Riss. He then returned to the company saying he wanted to take it over etc.... I was not willing to sign my end of the company over to him due to the fact I do not think he would be able to preform the job at hand. He has zero fabrication background, zero automotive background, and no ability to sustain the business by himself. He then locked me out of access to all order through google, paypal, authorize, and shipping. He also locked me out of all my forum names + personal email to avoid me informing you all like I am now. All of these were in his name. I had no choice but to sit back and I have done so since then. He then issued an email to our vendors stating I left this company which is not true. I am not willing to work along side somebody that is self destructing, and with that fact myself, Daniel, and Tony have not been to work since the shop is in his name. I understand this is not a PC smoke screen response you would all be used too from the owner of a company. However I feel the truth to the community is necessary. I know there are many outstanding orders that need to be fulfilled, and I want to let you all know I have no control of that. You will need to contact adam@rissracing.com. The fact of the matter is myself, Daniel the lead tech, and Tony the lead fabricator have no access. With this said there is no way to build products. All produts that are manufactured in China downpipes, exhausts, catch cans, catted downpipes. Most are not paid, and have no way of being shipped out. I strongly urge you to request refunds or cancel your orders while this situation is being resolved. I do not feel right leaving you guys in limbo as we settle the issues at hand. I do not know if Adam plans to ship these too you or what he is doing. He is right now a one man operation that was already to much work for us 4. In regards to anybody the MINI 02 SIM the programmer is moving to Oregon and it is not possible to finish this product. The MINI BOV does not function properly as well while I was there we still did not have that issue sorted out. If you ordered catted downpipes they are not even in production yet. I do not feel comfortable knowing that my name is attached to something I have no control of. So I feel the best thing I can do for the community is tell you the full situation. I feel that somebody that is willing to do this to his close friend/business partner, and employees that have been loyal to us for 3 years + I have no idea what he would be willing to do to our customers. I am very upset that things turned out this way. I have made many relationships with people in this community and I still value them. I highly suggest you no longer do business with Riss Racing Inc. I feel the company is heading in a direction of disaster. I thank you all for your support, and wish you all a happy holiday season.
Very very bad news for those people both this products.
Nothing happen for nothing .
Good luck in the futur !
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
dmailloux
Navy Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 CBM X6M

Garage List
Geeze Loiuse!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

Wow. Good to know. I'm so glad I didn't jump on the $699 exhaust special. I might of ended up with a hole in my pocket and no exhaust.
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Judging by what we've seen take place here on the forums over the last year or so, I can't say that I'm surprised.

Business partnerships are a difficult relationship to manage, and they go wrong far more often than they go right.

Some of the practices being used to promote RR here on the forum were shadey at best, and it's pretty obvious that in this case where there's smoke, there's fire. I feel bad for anyone in the community that's getting screwed here, but the warning signs were there long ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Anthony, I'm sorry to here about all this. What are your plans for the future? start a new company? I never had anything but great service when I dealt with you personally.
      12-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Wow, crazy post. I'm sorry things have worked out this way. Like randomquickness I've dealt with Anthony personally and had a good experience. I guess I'm glad that I've already got everything I would get from Riss, but I'm disappointed that we most likely won't be seeing anything new. Like the *cough*suprize*cough* that us exhaust pre-order guys were supposed to receive forever ago.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
sub7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
Anthony, I'm sorry to here about all this. What are your plans for the future? start a new company? I never had anything but great service when I dealt with you personally.

I'm not sure what I will be doing in the future. I'm not worried about me in a time like this to be honest. I want to help Daniel, and my dad to get back on their feet. I don't have plans of a future auto company. At the end of the day I am 50% of this problem. I feel I put my heart into this to make it the best I possibly could, and it didn't work out the way I planned. I don't have any regrets. I was able to do something I love for a few years, and I got to work with a lot of you guys that were so good to me even when we didn't come through 100%.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
sub7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
Wow, crazy post. I'm sorry things have worked out this way. Like randomquickness I've dealt with Anthony personally and had a good experience. I guess I'm glad that I've already got everything I would get from Riss, but I'm disappointed that we most likely won't be seeing anything new. Like the *cough*suprize*cough* that us exhaust pre-order guys were supposed to receive forever ago.
You have been a great customer/friend. I am sorry we wern't able to come through for you on the cf diffuser
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub7 View Post
You have been a great customer/friend. I am sorry we wern't able to come through for you on the cf diffuser
Now worries. I had a very positive experience working with you and I'm just sorry that things have worked out this way.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Riss racing goes under?!?!

To the community,

This is Anthony Co-Owner of Riss Racing Inc. I would first like to explain the situation and what has transpired over that last two weeks. Adam came to me and explain how he would like to transfer his part of the company over to me and go his separate way. To start his own business. This was agreed, and I decided to re invent the company by cleaning up the issues at hand. I was going to take on an investor and salvage the situation we were in. All of our products had fitment issues/drone issues that needed to be fixed and they have not been fixed. Adam stated he would stay on with the company through the end of the year. During this time he continued to undermined what I was trying to do. Steer quality employees in the wrong direction, and basically set me up to fail. Since I did not have full control yet I waited to see what he would do. His plans did not work out and due to his personal finical troubles I assume he figured his only way out was through Riss. He then returned to the company saying he wanted to take it over etc.... I was not willing to sign my end of the company over to him due to the fact I do not think he would be able to preform the job at hand. He has zero fabrication background, zero automotive background, and no ability to sustain the business by himself. He then locked me out of access to all order through google, paypal, authorize, and shipping. He also locked me out of all my forum names + personal email to avoid me informing you all like I am now. All of these were in his name. I had no choice but to sit back and I have done so since then. He then issued an email to our vendors stating I left this company which is not true. I am not willing to work along side somebody that is self destructing, and with that fact myself, Daniel, and Tony have not been to work since the shop is in his name. I understand this is not a PC smoke screen response you would all be used too from the owner of a company. However I feel the truth to the community is necessary. I know there are many outstanding orders that need to be fulfilled, and I want to let you all know I have no control of that. You will need to contact adam@rissracing.com. The fact of the matter is myself, Daniel the lead tech, and Tony the lead fabricator have no access. With this said there is no way to build products. All produts that are manufactured in China downpipes, exhausts, catch cans, catted downpipes. Most are not paid, and have no way of being shipped out. I strongly urge you to request refunds or cancel your orders while this situation is being resolved. I do not feel right leaving you guys in limbo as we settle the issues at hand. I do not know if Adam plans to ship these too you or what he is doing. He is right now a one man operation that was already to much work for us 4. In regards to anybody the MINI 02 *** the programmer is moving to Oregon and it is not possible to finish this product. The MINI BOV does not function properly as well while I was there we still did not have that issue sorted out. If you ordered catted downpipes they are not even in production yet. I do not feel comfortable knowing that my name is attached to something I have no control of. So I feel the best thing I can do for the community is tell you the full situation. I feel that somebody that is willing to do this to his close friend/business partner, and employees that have been loyal to us for 3 years + I have no idea what he would be willing to do to our customers. I am very upset that things turned out this way. I have made many relationships with people in this community and I still value them. I highly suggest you no longer do business with Riss Racing Inc. I feel the company is heading in a direction of disaster. I thank you all for your support, and wish you all a happy holiday season.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #13
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

this was posted on 1addicts earlier today
      12-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
holy sh!t I knew something wasn't right with RR over the past year. but that just sucks!

i'm so glad I didn't end up ordering any of their stuff.
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Hmmmm.....earlier thread was moved and locked without any real explaination.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...56#post6326356
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Hmmm... yea. I saw that coming a year ago.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread