E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > American e90post visitor

12-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep
Drives: truck-boat-truck

American e90post visitor

hi everyone,
my names phillip. im visiting family here in hk for the next month and i dont know anyone here. my parents just moved here so im probably going to be spending most of my breaks from school here as well. i would love to meet some of the hk members and maybe you guys can show me around the city. preferably someone who speaks pretty decent english (my cantonese is ok, but have a horrible accent that i am embarrassed about). im staying at the bel air residence near cyberport and ive seen a bunch of e90s around, i know you guys are out there.

look forward to seeing you guys around
      12-28-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
khoda355
Captain
Rep
Drives: EG hatch/ E90

"fist-pumpin' like a champ"

lol
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoda355 View Post
"fist-pumpin' like a champ"

lol
greatest show ever made.
      12-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

As a fellow Yank, welcomed to HK! Yes, there are quite a few E90s around here with the occassional meet, (you will have to ask little croc for the details). I suppose you can go check out the bmw as well as other auto showrooms at Wan Chai, facing Glocester Road, as well as a second-hand quality car showroom at the Wanchai Convention centre and also one at Kowloon Bay. There is also a BMW owners club in HK you can browse the web for details. If you have the chance to drive, I recommend Route Twisk to Tai Mo Shan in the New Territories, nice curves and view, but don't go too fast as the cops are known to be around.

Last edited by Wolfman; 12-28-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
As a fellow Yank, welcomed to HK! Yes, there are quite a few E90s around here with the occassional meet, (you will have to ask little croc for the details). I suppose you can go check out the bmw as well as other auto showrooms at Wan Chai, facing Glocester Road, as well as a second-hand quality car showroom at the Wanchai Convention centre and also one at Kowloon Bay. There is also a BMW owners club in HK you can browse the web for details. If you have the chance to drive, I recommend Route Twisk to Tai Mo Shan in the New Territories, nice curves and view, but don't too fast as the cops are known to be around.
i didnt have time to grab a international license before i left california and plus im only here for a month, so i wont be looking to buy. so many nice cars here and they all cost double their price in the US. there are 6 ferraris, a gt3 rs, and a few bentleys and rolls in the Bel Air lot alone! being in hk is like being in a giant car show. i think ive seen more ferraris in the past 4 days than ive seen in four years in california.

when did you move from wash state?
is there a big American expat community here? ive only heard a hand full of american accents since ive been here
      12-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
N52B30
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92, E70, W204

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/trans...omeadriver.htm

Phile92> You dont need an international licence to drive in HK, your California licence should do (refer to (c)):

For overseas driving licence holders who wish to drive in Hong Kong, they may do so through one of the following means-
(a) Apply for a full driving licence by direct issue without test;
(b) Apply for a temporary driving licence; or

(c) Driving on strength of their valid overseas driving licence or international driving permit if they are visitors to Hong Kong (visitors mean that they arrive at Hong Kong other than to take up residence for a period not exceeding 12 months).

Anyway, welcome to HK and hope you enjoy your time here!!
Appreciate 0