E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dyno question

01-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
fast4door
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Dyno question

Hey guys,

I put my car ont he dyno today and ran into some problems..I have the auto tranny so the car wouldnt stay in gear, it kept downshifting everytime..we tried it with the paddles, ds mode, steptronic..everything, couldnt get it to stay in gear. My best number was 365rwhp(and with a crappy shop fan, dont know how much of a difference that would make) and that came after the car downshifited..anyone else have this problem..how can i keep it in gear to get a clean run? any tricks to this? thanks in advance for the advice
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
fast4door
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Sounds like he kept hitting the kickdown button.

Run the car with DSC off, D/S mode, paddle shift it into 4th - at 2-2.5 grand roll it on quick until the switch. Numbers aren't bad given the downshifting stuff I guess but who knows how accurate they are (for comparison when you go back). I'm almost certain he was just bootin' it all the way down - plenty of 6AT cars do it the above way (myself included) with zero issues (besides all the lights on the dash).

Nick
Yeah im pretty sure thats what he was doing also, thanks for input. I knew something he was doing was wrong because like you said, plenty of 6AT cars with no issues on the dyno.. thanks again
Appreciate 0