E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Just noticed a very high pitched sound from the BMW Perf. Exhaust when reversing...

01-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Just noticed a very high pitched sound from the BMW Perf. Exhaust when reversing...

Hi,

Yesterday, when reversing and climbing an obstacle very slowly (with clutch help) I just noticed a very high pitched metallic sound coming from the BMW Performance Exhaust at the same time with the normal sound. After climbing the obstacle, I accelerated in neutral a few times and the sound was gone. Today I noticed the same thing when parking and climbing the same obstacle.

What could it be ? Could it be normal ? Could it be a loose clamp or something inside the muffler ? Or maybe the vacuum-actuated flap-opening mechanism (which is still present in the Euro-version of the exaust) ? I remember the flap-open does about the same sound for a small fraction of a second when it opens...

I can't hear anything when driving normally, even with the window down...

Any ideas ?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

was your car cold/just started? Exhausts will sound differently until warmed up.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm def View Post
was your car cold/just started? Exhausts will sound differently until warmed up.
No, I was just parking the car after driving for about half an hour.
Appreciate 0