E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Faulty HPFP... Info

01-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Mikeee335i
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i AW Msport

Faulty HPFP... Info

Sorry guys i know you guys hate this "hpfp" thread.. but i am in the process of looking for a attorney and i need everyone that is having this problem or had this problem and had the fuel pump changed.. I am not sure what the attorney needs but i will keep everyone posted...

Like i said in my other thread i'm not a drama queen, i don't want money from bmw it's justice... I'm not trying to be a superhero.. But it's just wrong u invested 50 grand into a car the problem occured since 06 but they can never fix it.. I was actually almost involved in a life threatning situation my car turned off in the middle of the highway lucky nobody got hurt.

If u guys want to just PM me if u guys have documentation i don't need it now depending on what the attorney needs i will repost. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
MrChessy
Magical Pill...
United_States
Rep
Drives: wreckless

GL on your findings...There is no exact number of hpfp failures made available to the public, only BMWNA would know those figures.
      01-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Mikeee335i
Rep

yeah it's going to be tough.. me (nobody) vs. big corp.. bmw.. but i really think it's a legit case. Money don't grow on trees and when we invest xx amount of money to buy a product you want that product to be not life threatning.. like i said if it's a sunroof malfunction, power seats malfunction, etc.. that's fine but when your car can break down in the middle of the highway u not only risking your life u risking others..

Also i really think it's wrong when they know they can't fix that problem since 06 and still produce the same car.. that's plain wrong.. u robbing people...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Bulldog 6
The Logistician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2007 328i E90  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
PhiDeltBeers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SEVERAL

To the OP:

After what you've said to people in the other thread, I seriously doubt that anyone here is willing to help you. I'm actually surprised you haven't been banned yet for all the name calling you've done. Good luck and maybe Xanax would help? Just a thought. Good day!
      01-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Mikeee335i
Rep

Sorry but they were ignorant in the first place. The car does have a problem it's not about helping me. Its a legit case it doesn't matter if its a civil action law suit or not. Please don't consider it as they are helping me or i am helping them. Nobody is helping anyone here. The car really has a known issue and i almost got hit on the highway. So if nobody wants to report i can just claim it myself, it's the same thing you guys can claim it yourself to, but since i'm doing this i wanted everyone that has that problem to go ahead and do it at the same time make it easier but if nobody feels like it's a problem then fine i'll go ahead and do it myself. No big deal u make it like without anyone else i can't sue, anyone can sue anyone if it's legit i really think i will win. Regardless there is justice...

And if i get banned that's fine to if you read all the post they were ignorant first. I came in with a legit question, concern, and everyone dogged me out. Like i said i don't have the best grammar it doesn't matter what you guys think of me. I will still be the same person i almost got hit by 4 cars.. I'm sorry but my life was on the line at the moment so i really hope that you guys know that i'm really frustrated and mad..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
crazytaiwanese
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

^ your grammer's fine in those two paragraphs!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Mikeee335i
Rep

LOL a little humor but maybe because you're asian too! LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytaiwanese View Post
^ your grammer's fine in those two paragraphs!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
sleepyx637
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

get a lawyer, go through the discovery process, and make bmwna give you documents. you dont really need us.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Mikeee335i
Rep

Yeah i know, i was just asking because since im already in the process i wanted to see if anyone else wanted something done about it. I actualy got a decent amount of PM's already. Like i said i am already in the process not trying to be a superhero but respecting everyone else with this problem knowing how you guys feel.. I said this many times you shouldn't be going into a dealership coughing up 50 grand (buying) or paying 550-700 a month leasing a car that can indanger your life. Some might be lucky you guys got the symptoms and read it correctly and got that chance to bring it in but think about the people that didn't know and got stranded. BMW knows this issue since 2006 it's 2010 now why don't they find ways to fix it completely. It's my fault i should of did more research but at the moment 2010 was to new i would expect any issues that came prior should have been fixed. I will go ahead and apologize if i ticked anyone off my frustration just overworked me a bit. Im not rich or have money to toss out like that so when i spend 50 grand i don't expect that car to leave me stranded or even get me killed.. I know alot of you guys and NA BMW thinks all the same "that's why the warranty is there for" but does warranty bring your life back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyx637 View Post
get a lawyer, go through the discovery process, and make bmwna give you documents. you dont really need us.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Unless you are willing to spend some serious $$$ on this you'll want to look for a firm that specializes in class actions. Then you'll need to work with them to develop a class of people willing to be named in the suit. Being named in the class means you have liability in the event the class loses in court and BMW is awarded legal fees, etc.

Litigation by yourself will be lengthy and expensive. Don't think for a minute that BMW attorneys aren't well versed with how to drag out cases and make them very costly for the plaintiff. Plus in some states individual cases are dismissed as a result of lemon laws enacted in those states. Believe it or now, in some states you have little legal right to sue individually without first going through the lemon law arbitration process.

I would read up on the GA lemon law and consult with an attorney before you get yourself all hyped up about this. Also know that two class action cases have already been filed against BMW for faulty turbos and the ECU reprogramming that was done to address issues. In both these cases the HPFP issue was identified. Who knows how long it will take before these cases will make it to court. Could be years.....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #12
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
wtf car turns off on the freeway? im about to commute (40 miles) home in this crazy socal thunder storm
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
Mikeee335i
Rep

Yeah i know what you mean. Like i said it's Me (nobody) vs. BMW (Big ass corporation). I spoke to them they said i can fill out of return of possession form. I need to get more info on that. So before anything happens i will see what they say first. Like i said i'm not asking for money i'm not asking for them to replace my car with a M3. Luckily i didn't get hurt i think life is more important than any compensation they will give.. So truth is i just want them to buy my car back and i'm taking my money else where, but will for sure this time do my research on that specific car before i purchase
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
Mikeee335i
Rep

I was supppose to move to SOCAL today all plans were ruined when car went down i don't know when everything will be resolved i don't feel comfy driving that car 3000 miles from ga to socal.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
wtf car turns off on the freeway? im about to commute (40 miles) home in this crazy socal thunder storm
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Dumaaa con cac..that blows man. Im pretty fobbers myself so no worries. I have the same year and color as yours and its pretty sad paying 50k with no peace of mind. Keep us posted....i need a cafe sua da.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
blendim
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i e92/ m3 93

i send you ma bad pump if you want
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
Mikeee335i
Rep

lol du ma! lol u viet bastard hahah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
Dumaaa con cac..that blows man. Im pretty fobbers myself so no worries. I have the same year and color as yours and its pretty sad paying 50k with no peace of mind. Keep us posted....i need a cafe sua da.
Appreciate 0