E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 9 months and still waiting

08-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
AskNiko
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i + 4Runner

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
9 months and still waiting

Hi all. I haven’t posted in a while due to my move from Italy back to the U.S. I did a grand finale European trip before coming back… went to Germany, Prague, Budapest, Stockholm, and Copenhagen. I only saw a few E90s: two in Frankfurt, one in Budapest, and one in Stockholm while traveling.

I’m actually very unhappy with Pentagon Car Sales (PCS) that sells cars to U.S. Military folks. I placed my order and a $2000 down payment last November, 2004. Yes, nearly a year ago and I’m still waiting for my car. I was supposed to take delivery last June but my order got caught in some internal problems at the dealer. :mad: A whole lot of excuses and apologies that will really not make up for lost time. I’ll make an entry at the dealer review.

To make a long story short, my car was finally produced during the week of July 11th. The last confirmed status I have was when it was off-loaded from the ship TANCRED in New York last August 8th. I’m currently waiting for a call from Baron BMW in Kansas City, to pick-up my E90.

Talk about testing my patience. It also cost me a lot of money because I had to get another vehicle while waiting for my car. I had “rentals” until I broke down and bought a ’97 4Runner 4X4 that is turning out to be a real fun vehicle that will compliment my bimmer. I really can’t wait until I get possession of my car. Had it been another car, I would have cancelled the order all together.

|U.S. Spec. 325i | 6 Spd. Manual | Titanium Silver | Black Leatherette | Aluminum Trim | Sports Package | Xenons | Sat. Prep. |
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Dude....let me tell you....it is worth the wait! I hope your E90 comes in pristine shape and condition! Good luck!

"Good things come to those who wait."
-Confusionist
      08-18-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

That sucks. If anyone deserves to be treated right it is folks coming off service duty. It would have made an awesome road trip in your E90: Munich > Buda > Prague > Berlin > Copenhagen > Stockholm > gulp, KC. Sorry about the Royals. Welcome home!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 05:07 AM   #4
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
sorry for this long delay and i hope you get your car soon
      08-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
damn what a wait,i order mine in may when it had there first release. the bmw dealer had a party and everything. i got my car in july. car was in production in june. mine was fast. i almost cancel my order. ahahah....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
Cloud9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast!

OMG, my 3 month wait nearly drove me crazy!! I can't imagine 9 month, yikes. Best of luck to you though.

My Exs: '03 540, '01 330ci and '00 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #7
E36_325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 325i + '06 M3

Question Question for Niko

Niko,
I planned on buying a car through PCS when my contract finishes in May '06. I'm in kuwait now working for DoD. I've spoken to Joe at PCS and he seemed very helpful when I asked him questions about the military sales program. I also have another option of going through Superior Motors out of Bahrain (they do mil sales too). I'm sorry about the wait for your car but was it PCS's fault or something that they had no control over? If it was PCS that screwed it up, that's enough to tell me to go w/ the other guys. I mean the prices are all the same anyway..but i dont want to be like you, waiting 9 months for my E90. good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
AskNiko
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i + 4Runner

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
PCS - I will never do business with them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_325i
I'm sorry about the wait for your car but was it PCS's fault or something that they had no control over? If it was PCS that screwed it up, that's enough to tell me to go w/ the other guys.
I conducted business with Pentagon Car Sales (PCS) in Naples, Italy. I also had to deal with the PCS head office in Germany a couple of times to help me resolve my issues. The head office was no help. I guess it boils down to your salesman. There are people in this board who used PCS in Germany who ordered their cars last March and took delivery last June.

Bottom line - I will never use their services again and will not recommend them to any of my friends.

My original salesman was good but was replaced due to internal problems within PCS. Word on the street was he wasn't selling enough cars so they brought in a new guy from out of town to raise the numbers. His replacement talked a good game but did not deliver. He even managed to tick of the people and customers in the area. I am not the only unhappy customer. I guess management still thinks that he can boost the numbers.

Due to my experience, I will take my business elsewhere specially when the prices are the same. The European Delivery program is another viable option. You can even time your return with a holiday in Europe.

Good luck to you and take care of the troops.

|U.S. Spec. 325i | 6 Spd. Manual | Titanium Silver | Black Leatherette | Aluminum Trim | Sports Package | Xenons | Sat. Prep. |
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
bombard
Rep
Drives: 335i

Superior Motors

Use Superior Motors! No problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
rogsel
Sargeant First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG

I also used Superior motors while in Kuwait last year, car was ordered in April went into production the last week in June and my wife took delivery 16 September 06, I kept waiting for some thing to go wrong but all went well, execpt for the chrome trim around the outside of the doors, the left side was chrome and the right side was blacked out like a 325i but the dealership in Nashville took care of it and replaced it, now just figure all the inspection those cars are put through before they get to the owners, but if was a simple fix, hope it all works out for you.
Appreciate 0