BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

02-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
cashmethod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 328i convertible

Angry Buyers Beware!!!!

i just bought rdashing angel eyes from from e92-lighting.com i installed it; it looked beautiful at night but it flickers everytime i open my doors and it was definitely not daytime visible. I messaged e92-lighting.com regarding the problem i was having which was flickering and not daytime visible, the guy derrick offers me some DTEC angel eyes promising me its way better than the previous one i order. In my head im like sure why not, ill give it a try. The usual i sent the rdashing lights back and received dtec lights a week later. So as i was installing the dtec lights the wires didn't connect as you would hear the click noise when its properly clicks. it was puzzled me for a while, but i still installed it hoping it will work so it did. I turned on my car during the daytime, absolutely NOT DAYTIME VISIBLE WORSE THAN MY PREVIOUS ONE I ORDERED. I message derrick the guy that takes care of e92-lighting.com order telling him why is the wiring lose, he tells me that i have to put a lil bit of tape on it. IN MY HEAD, TELLING MYSELF WHY THE HELL WOULD I PUT TAPE IN THE HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS A BMW TOO . I also even told him it was worse than i previous ordered he told me that was IMPOSSIBLE. TELLING ME THE "CUSTOMER" THAT IM WRONG WHEN I INSTALLED THEM MYSELF. AT THIS POINT I WAS FRUSTRATED I TOLD HIM STRAIGHT UP I WANTED A REFUND. AFTER I TOLD HIM THAT HE IGNORED ALL MY MESSAGES MY EMAILS. I CALLED MY BANK AND TOLD THEM THEY REFUSED TO GIMME MY REFUND. MY BANK IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON IT. I AM GOING TO HIRE A SMALL CLAIM LAWYER TO HANDLE THIS MATTER. EVEN THOUGH ITS ONLY 180 BUCKS to me, it was the principle of not giving back my refund. i would of been happy if he worked something out with me i wouldnt ordering other stuff to cover the 180 .. BUYERS BEWARE OF e92-LIGHTING.COM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Wow! That's nasty. I have never heard of e92-lighting.com but it's good to get feedback from customers. I find it hard to believe that it would be normal according to them to install a piece of equipment and require some tape to keep it in place.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

sorry to hear about your experience. ive never had any dealings with them but I feel your pain. in my opnion if you want bright angeleyes either do the oss led angeleyes or camaross hid angeleyes. I run the camaross angeleyes and they are BRIGHT.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
your first mistake was buying RD leds and not doing research... good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
cashmethod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
Wow! That's nasty. I have never heard of e92-lighting.com but it's good to get feedback from customers. I find it hard to believe that it would be normal according to them to install a piece of equipment and require some tape to keep it in place.

trust me i actually thought e92-lighting was a good company to order from i would of never believed that their refusing to gimme back my refund..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
cashmethod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
your first mistake was buying RD leds and not doing research... good luck
i researched rdashing lights no one should anything about flickering.. so i assume they were pretty decent -_-;
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
cashmethod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post
sorry to hear about your experience. ive never had any dealings with them but I feel your pain. in my opnion if you want bright angeleyes either do the oss led angeleyes or camaross hid angeleyes. I run the camaross angeleyes and they are BRIGHT.

oss leds angel eyes looks hella badass but its pretty pricy i was thinking about getting luminics pure blue bulb but iono if their good, lately i been hearing they pop within 3-5 months of use!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I am not a fan of E-92lighting. When I inquired about their angel eyes they were very quick to respond and explained the procedure in which the lighting was installed. When I started to ask for more detailed explanations and about the warranty they began to avoid the questions and answering in a different manner. I asked the right questions, but was receiving the wrong answers. I ultimately decided not to go with them because, to me, they seemed very shady.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

E92 lighting is on this forum I believe.

Take it from me, I have had all the different angel eyes installed on my car and the best is the LUX kit. Its visible during the day, looks great at night. Never flickered, never had a problem.

HIDs DO NOT look right, they are too bright, it is probably the worst option if you ask me. As soon as you step back more then 10 feet they begin to look blurry and when your driving down the road, other cars will just see a big blob of light. TRUST ME!! THERE is NO defintion of the rings when your more then 10 feet from the car.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black

Last edited by SlammedR8; 02-11-2010 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post

Take it from, I have all the different angel eyes instaleld on my car and the best is the LUX kit. Its visible during the day, looks great at night. Never flickered, never had a problem.

HIDs DO NOT look right, they are too bright, it is probably the worst option if you ask me. as soon as step back more then 10 feet they begin to look blurry and when your driving down the road, other cars will just see a big blob of light. TRUST ME!! THERE is NO defintion of the rings when your more then 10 feet from the car.
+1
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Same experience communicating with Derrick at E92 lighting...poor!

Bought the clutch stop mod, took 17 days to arrive after Derrick stated it was shipped. Just when I filed a claim with Paypal since no responses from Derrick, the damn thing shows-up.

I do like the cluth stop but do not recommend E92 lighting.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Same here, had a really bad experience with e92lighting.com with Derrick. I had to made a claimed with paypal, Best Business Bureau and my CC company to be able to get my refund back. Derrick completely ignored my call (caz the caller ID) and mails. He promised to get my refund back, but I guess he changed his mind after we hang up the phone. After all the processing was done, I finally got my refund back. I will never ever deal with them again
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #13
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post

Bought the clutch stop mod, took 17 days to arrive after Derrick stated it was shipped. Just when I filed a claim with Paypal since no responses from Derrick, the damn thing shows-up.

17 days? That's not too bad. It took almost a month for mine to come!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

so basically E92 lighting is done on this site
cool !
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post

my clutch stop metal slit thing broke in half...its was abnormally brittle...i was very gentle and have done it before,...i ended up having to pay for a new whole kit. was not very pleased.

funny, i thought derrick was well received here...wow, i was wrong

i agree with slammed, and mmmorish, bought the 6.5k lux kit and pair it with a set of 6k d1s and u are done.

shame that happened, clearly vendorship dont mean shit.
      02-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #16
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
so basically E92 lighting is done on this site
cool !
...yeah, I agree.
How do can it be made 'official' and more 'public' so all forum members may know know the risks of dealing with E92 lighting without simply stumbling on this particular thread???

Moderators...any comments???

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Damn, E92-Lighting has been dropping the ball a lot lately. He's on the site everyday. Wonder why he's not trying to defend himself.

OP - Go with the LUX H8 Angel Eyes. Cost a bit more but way worth it.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Damn, E92-Lighting has been dropping the ball a lot lately. He's on the site everyday. Wonder why he's not trying to defend himself.

OP - Go with the LUX H8 Angel Eyes. Cost a bit more but way worth it.

+10000000000000000
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #19
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I should have piped up earlier but Derrick is not a business person but a tool.

I ordered parts off him and they took just over a month to receive. His explainations were that "Your in Canada and things take longer". Fucking guy takes me for an idiot that never ordered anything from the U.S. before???

Spread the word...guys like this should be put out of business!
      03-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #20
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:

Take it from me, I have had all the different angel eyes installed on my car and the best is the LUX kit. Its visible during the day, looks great at night. Never flickered, never had a problem.

HIDs DO NOT look right, they are too bright, it is probably the worst option if you ask me. As soon as you step back more then 10 feet they begin to look blurry and when your driving down the road, other cars will just see a big blob of light. TRUST ME!! THERE is NO defintion of the rings when your more then 10 feet from the car.

I have had my LUX kit for 4 months with no problems what so ever.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmethod View Post
I AM GOING TO HIRE A SMALL CLAIM LAWYER TO HANDLE THIS MATTER. EVEN THOUGH ITS ONLY 180 BUCKS to me, it was the principle of not giving back my refund.
I know the feeling. More principal than money. Let me give you some advice though. I've been through this quite a few times (small claims) almost always winning.

1. Write a letter to them stating your case and your demand. Email probably won't cut it. Get a signature confirmation for delivery from the post office. In the letter threaten legal action if they don't work it out with you within a specified time frame.
2. If they ignore your letter you can file a smalls claims case on line. You do not at all need a lawyer for small claims. In fact most won't do it - way too little money involved. You do need to find out of their are an LLC, DBA, Corporation, partnership, etc. and where they are based out of. That determines who you must sue and where you must file the case.
3. I would not bother with the BBB, they can't really enforce anything, they can just give folks a negative "tick mark".
4. Follow the instructions on serving your notice of suit to the defendant. There are a very certain number of ways you must get the notice delivered to them. The forms for small claims will tell you or you can call the court for the advice. It is really pretty simple.
5. Get in front of the judge with your evidence, emails, invoices, pictures and your demand letter. Don't be emotional, just state your case and stick to the facts. If you have been wronged, you will win the case.

Good luck.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #22
AW335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

Sorry to hear man.
Appreciate 0