BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

02-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

My Story : Recent Dealings in PS Section

Hey,
This thread is not meant to be malicious but I just thought people should be aware of what they are getting into when making deals even with forum members who seem like fair and decent guys.

Here is what happened to me about 3 weeks or so ago and is not yet completely solved.

I made an offer on a used Dinan cat-back, we bargained a bit and made a deal: cash via payapl plus one set of bulbs shipped to him.
I sent the cash in full via paypal(as a payment not a gift - I was not asked to send it as a gift - paid on Jan 22) and the next day shipped him the bulbs and emailed the tracking. After confirming the cash, he said he will use the weekend to get the box together and ship it to me on Monday. Monday rolled around, no message. Waited until Tuesday and pm'd him; later I got a pm saying "bad news; I sold it locally for more money and will be refunding you."

A few days later he sent the refund in full, so fine (Jan 28).
Then the question of the bulbs came up. He said I will most likely just buy them, then nothing happened for about a week. Since they are xenons and cost quite a bit I was kind of apprehensive.

He finally tells me he doesn't want them anymore and will ship them back to me; I am starting to get annoyed at this point. Finally, after multiple somewhat heated pm's back and fourth I give up and say fine ship them back to me and give me the tracking info.

After sending multiple pm's and waiting a few days for a reply even though he is posting, he let me know they have been shipped but wont provide tracking info. I am quite confident he has shipped them but I am just amazed.

And when I told him that "I feel like I really got the short end of the stick in this transaction and don't understand why I should lose any money at all since I didn't re-neg" he comes back at me that he really is the one in the bad position and how he lost more money doing this than me, etc.

Anyways, this is my story and am just baffled in general.

I invite the seller to post if he thinks I am crazy; this is not meant to become a pissing-match.

Last edited by niqui; 02-14-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

Sorry to hear of your experience. It would be nice if we can rate members on this forum like a seller or buyer rating, cause it'll make things a bit easier for others to deal with the good and bad individuals accordingly.

What do you all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
Hey,
This thread is not meant to be malicious but I just thought people should be aware of what they are getting into when making deals even with forum members who seem like fair and decent guys.

Here is what happened to me about 3 weeks or so ago and is not yet completely solved.

I made an offer on a used Dinan cat-back, we bargained a bit and made a deal: cash via payapl plus one set of bulbs shipped to him.
I sent the cash in full via paypal(as a payment not a gift - I was not asked to send it as a gift on Jan 22) and the next day shipped him the bulbs and emailed the tracking. After confirming the cash, he said he will use the weekend to get the box together and ship it to me on Monday. Monday rolled around, no message. Waited until Tuesday and pm'd him; later I got a pm saying "bad news; I sold it locally for more money and will be refunding you."

A few days later he sent the refund in full, so fine (Jan 28).
Then the question of the bulbs came up. He said I will most likely just buy them, then nothing happened for about a week. Since they are xenons and cost quite a bit I was kind of apprehensive.

He finally tells me he doesn't want them anymore and will ship them back to me; I am starting to get annoyed at this point. Finally, after multiple somewhat heated pm's back and fourth I give up and say fine ship them back to me and give me the tracking info.

After sending multiple pm's and waiting a few days for a reply even though he is posting, he let me know they have been shipped but wont provide tracking info. I am quite confident he has shipped them but I am just amazed.

And when I told him that "I feel like I really got the short end of the stick in this transaction" he comes back at me that he really is the one in the bad position and how he lost more money doing this than me, etc.

Anyways, this is my story and am just baffled in general.

I invite the seller to post if he thinks I am still crazy; this is not meant to become a pissing-match.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:

I sent the cash in full via paypal(as a payment not a gift - I was not asked to send it as a gift - paid on Jan 22) and the next day shipped him the bulbs and emailed the tracking. After confirming the cash, he said he will use the weekend to get the box together and ship it to me on Monday. Monday rolled around, no message. Waited until Tuesday and pm'd him; later I got a pm saying "bad news; I sold it locally for more money and will be refunding you."
Sorry to hear Nick - that sounds pretty low At least you got your money back, some people just dont deal in good faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
Sorry to hear of your experience. It would be nice if we can rate members on this forum like a seller or buyer rating, cause it'll make things a bit easier for others to deal with the good and bad individuals accordingly.

What do you all think?
If you look below your post count - there is "itrader", this is a buyer/seller rating built into the site. Just sounds like it needs to be used more frequently - I know I am guilty of this and havent used it in every case.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
If you look below your post count - there is "itrader", this is a buyer/seller rating built into the site. Just sounds like it needs to be used more frequently - I know I am guilty of this and havent used it in every case.
If this is the case, we should use it more, i'm also guilty of not noticing it's there!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If this is the case, we should use it more, i'm also guilty of not noticing it's there!
agreed, i am trying to use it as well, but i also think the mods should be more involved.
      02-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
agreed, i am trying to use it as well, but i also think the mods should be more involved.
I just used it for someone i bought an set of eibach springs from! and it was positive so we should definitely use it more!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I just used it for someone i bought an set of eibach springs from! and it was positive so we should definitely use it more!
for sure,
i am still stunned that he wont return my pms asking for the tracking info...wow

Last edited by niqui; 02-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: typo....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Seller sounds like a entitled brat. Out him for everyone else's sake.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
Seller sounds like a entitled brat. Out him for everyone else's sake.
i will wait till tonight, i sent the last pm on sat asking for more info, hopefully ill recieve it by then, otherwise out it goes.
      02-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
CATCH_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

That sucks , the board seems to be a generally honest place so hopefully this is a rarity rather than something that happens often.

On that note, how do I use the itrader? I bought some stuff from a couple members I would like to leave good ratings for! (thought I'd end my post on a good note)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Sounds like he actually sold something that may have legally belonged to you since he already had your payment in hand and had "accepted" it as payment. Good luck.
      02-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

wow that is some balls right there. yeah i agree ^^ the item was actually already yours since you paid for it and have proof. so just bc he found someone local a couple days later for more to F ing bad, when the deal is done and paid for the the deal is DONE. so tired of one or two members making it bad to sell things for all the honest ones

i am def gonna use this itrader now that i know about it. i know they have seller rating on the M5board when i had my M5 which was good so i will be using this

def you got the bad end of the stick bro and on top you haven't even gotten the bulbs back yet so not sure how this guy thinks he got screwed when he completly screwed you over on the deal hence you paid for the item in full already

as far as the mods getting more involved all i have to say is Super Nawaaz is out on the loose and been cleaning house so the bad apples better watch out as he does an amazing job at not letting any crap get by

hope you get your bulbs back and sorry to hear you had a shitty dealing here, i can tell you not all members are like that and most are honest people in the for sale section

if you don't get the bulbs then def out the guy so we all know not to deal with him please
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

thanks for the concern guys
i sent him another pm about the bulbs no reply//////////i dont get it at all.

his username is SKOOT3R.
      02-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #14
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

thanks for letting us know what member it is so we know not to buy anything from him.

has he been posting at all on here?? i would PM Nawaaz and tell him what happened and that you haven't got your bulbs back yet and you have all the proof etc and just let him get banned then
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

hey h
thanks, i pmd nawazz, standup guy/
within 24hs skoot3r sent me a pm, he said they have shipped and gave tracking number.

still a special transaction, but lets see.
thanks again
      02-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #16
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

^

told you Nawaaz doesn't screw around
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
Bimmerboy87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey Niqui, did this all work out fine? Hope all did.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I use itrader all the time
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

/sigh, sorry to hear that this happened. But I guess he just didn't know what he was doing and it was rushed. He hadn't really made up his mind. But here's the deal if the transaction went through he should have gone through and not have sold it to another person.. you can't tell 1 item to 2 different people (it's an exhaust system, not a hooker). Keep that in mind,
good luck and safe selling

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #20
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Yep, I always use iTrader, prevents most issues.

My current beef with the PS section are people who say they're interested and ready to buy, then just go silent, ignore all your PM's, etc. Can they be any more rude? I just wish that people would grow some ****ing balls and say that they're no longer interested in buying something.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerboy87 View Post
Hey Niqui, did this all work out fine? Hope all did.
thanks, well i received the bulbs back from the seller.
i guess it went as well as it could, seller still seems to think he has done nothing wrong, all in all, i only lost 50 bucks ish compared to possibly a lot more.

he sent me a pm recently, that i found fairly antagonizing so i chose not to reply...normally, i would always reply.
      03-25-2010, 04:12 AM   #22
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just cut your losses and be glad that is all you lost mate! If he doesn't get it he never will and all that you're doing is wasting your time and energy.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0