BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
floralscent
Rep
Drives: silver x3

x3 hazard lights don't flash when locking door with remote?

Just purchased an '07 X3 CPO and love it. However, when locking the doors with the key remote the hazard lights don't flash nor do the interior lights. Isn't there supposed to be some type of visual alert that the doors are locked or unlocked aside from having to check the buttons on the doors? The manual says that it can be activated, but how? I don't have an alarm, but if not for hearing the locks lock or looking at them you don't know if the vehicle is locked or not. This doesn't seem right to me.

When driving the doors don't automatically lock either. The manual says that this can be activated, but how?

Do all X3's have the above capabilities? Just a little confused right now- Please help-
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
al_macaroni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3 3.0si, G35x

Congratulations on your new purchase.

The automatic door locking feature needs to be activated by the dealer. I'm not sure about the hazard lights flashing when you lock the car. On my '08, I believe upon locking the X3, the interior lights illuminate and the outside parking lights also illuminate for a minute or so. The hazard light might flash, too. My guess is the dealer could also turn this feature on for you.

There is a list of additional items that can be turned on by the dealer. You should be able to find it posted somewhere on the x3 or e90 forums. The list consists of items like, automatic locking doors, daytime running light activation, one-touch 3-flash lane change on the turn signal stock, etc.

Since you just purchased your CPO X3, I take it to mean it was from a BMW dealer. You should be able to get the auto door locks or any other dealer programmed items programmed on good will. Sometimes dealers charge to do this programming if you wait.

Good luck,
Al
BMW CCA #422951
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
floralscent
Rep
Drives: silver x3

thank you-

Thanks so much for the reply al_macaroni . I'm going to call the BMW dealer today!
Appreciate 0