E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Beware all sellers !

03-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
GX337
Private
Rep
Drives: f30 335d

Beware all sellers !

Have got my 2008 e92 335d m-sport for sale on pistonheads. Anyway, got a call from a potential buyer (from west london area) who was especially keen to know whether my car had a tracker, which it hasn`t. He arranged to view it, but something didn`t feel right so i called him back and said i would call him back to re-arrange viewing as my plans had changed, but would need a landline number. He gave me the no. which was not a london code so i quized him on this. This is when he started stuttering and said he lived in a small village near watford etc!.

Anyway after speaking to him i decided to call the landline and surprise surprise it was a dead line, the code for the number he gave me was nowhere near his little village in watford.

This reminded me of the incident where some poor chap on this forum had his 330d convertible stolen by somebody who came to view, and was refused insurance payout for fronting the policy.

So beware, ask any potential viewers to bring insurance papers etc, get their lanline no.s, e-mails etc and never show the car alone, get a friend to pop round for added security.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Thanks for the heads up, mine is on Autotrader at the moment.
Appreciate 0