E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Fairfax in No Va

08-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up BMW of Fairfax in No Va

I bought my 325i from BMW of Fairfax and have had a great experience so far. I've gone back for some parts and the service department has been great too. Both Scott & Jude in the sales department were fantastic. Very much recommend.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
liverpoolfc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15
I bought my 325i from BMW of Fairfax and have had a great experience so far. I've gone back for some parts and the service department has been great too. Both Scott & Jude in the sales department were fantastic. Very much recommend.
My experiance with BMW of Fairfax has been bad. They were very rude to me and as a result i decided not to order my car through them!

LiverpoolFC
YNWA
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
Choon
Boost Me!
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolfc
My experiance with BMW of Fairfax has been bad. They were very rude to me and as a result i decided not to order my car through them!

LiverpoolFC
YNWA
was it the service department or just the sales rep you went too?
      10-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolfc

LiverpoolFC
YNWA
Same with me, although it was the incompetence of the salesmen that bothered me the most. I've also heard horror stories about their service department from some of my friends and sales managers that used to work there. Maybe it's getting better, but when I visited them a couple days back...it was pretty much the same.

Quite possibly it was a fluke or maybe they just like you...a lot. Keep us posted regarding future visits, because even though it has a bad rep, the location is excellent.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
TheEvilandCharismaticMr.X
Rep
Drives: E90 330i zsp zpp

The guys at Farifax are ok, they just put a ton of pressure on you to buy. The worst is BMW of Arlington...had a horrible experience there with the salespeople - I had all but had the key fob in my hand to drive away when they started playing pricing games.
BMW of Sterling is the best with purchasing and service.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #6
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilandCharismaticMr.X
The guys at Farifax are ok, they just put a ton of pressure on you to buy. The worst is BMW of Arlington...had a horrible experience there with the salespeople - I had all but had the key fob in my hand to drive away when they started playing pricing games.
BMW of Sterling is the best with purchasing and service.
Do you remember the guy's name at Arlington?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
benster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 04 G35 coupe 6MT

Which dealership did you guys end up going with? And if you don't mind how much over invoice did you get your cars for?

i've visited three dealerships so far.
bmw of fairfax is bottom in my list because of the salesman that 'helped' us. i asked to test drive a manual 325 with sports package. the guy brings out an automatic 325 with premium.

bmw of arlington is very nice everytime I have questions.
bmw of sterling is also very customer satisfaction oriented. they let me test drive the car on my own. and trust me i got a good feeling for the handling and acceleration.

i just have to sell off my 2 door for a nice conservative 4 door...the joys of marriage.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #8
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by benster
Which dealership did you guys end up going with? And if you don't mind how much over invoice did you get your cars for?

i've visited three dealerships so far.
bmw of fairfax is bottom in my list because of the salesman that 'helped' us. i asked to test drive a manual 325 with sports package. the guy brings out an automatic 325 with premium.

bmw of arlington is very nice everytime I have questions.
bmw of sterling is also very customer satisfaction oriented. they let me test drive the car on my own. and trust me i got a good feeling for the handling and acceleration.

i just have to sell off my 2 door for a nice conservative 4 door...the joys of marriage.
Try emailing maryland dealers. You won't have to pay that extra .2% gross receipts tax. I recommend Passport in Maryland. I got a quote for $980 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #9
zz25
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 Landcruiser

I second Passport BMW in Suitland, MD. I've checked out nearly every dealership in the DC/NoVA/MD area and thought they were the best by far.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
PassPort BMW exceeded my expectations!

I felt that Passport BMW of Maryland by far exceeded all my expectation. They had very competitive prices, cordial, very professional and even wanted to delivery my car personally to my home and do the paperwork there.

Plus, to add the over $840 invoice price that I really didnt work hard to get, they provided my much needed accesories. Accesories that probably cost around $150(rubber mats, chrome pipes, BMW valve cap, 2 BMW key rings, and I didnt asked for them, they just handed it to me.

The car was ready when it was promised, clean and provided a one-on-one "How-Tos" familiarization.

Business office was just as good, didnt bother me with any added extra BS insurance, and willing to work with me, while I waited for bank note to pay for the rest of the car.

Ives@passport BMW

Cant wait to see how the service dept will, be and what service car they will provide me! I'll keep you posted

... regards to Fairfax BMW, I have good feelings with their parts depts, at least Richard, when I was getting OEM 161 Alloys, their prices could not be beated, and same goes for Tischer BMW Parts (Mo, Jason, Idris) also. Between these two Parts Dept, I had them duke out the best prices on my bought spoiler, OEM alloys, and jack kit. Im expecting to go thru them when it comes to beating BMW part suggested retail prices again.

Last edited by ase2dais; 11-07-2005 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #11
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
I felt that Passport BMW of Maryland by far exceeded all my expectation. They had very competitive prices, cordial, very professional and even wanted to delivery my car personally to my home and do the paperwork there.

Plus, to add the over $840 invoice price that I really didnt work hard to get, they provided my much needed accesories. Accesories that probably cost around $150(rubber mats, chrome pipes, BMW valve cap, 2 BMW key rings, and I didnt asked for them, they just handed it to me.

The car was ready when it was promised, clean and provided a one-on-one "How-Tos" familiarization.

Business office was just as good, didnt bother me with any added extra BS insurance, and willing to work with me, while I waited for bank note to pay for the rest of the car.

Ives@passport BMW

Cant wait to see how the service dept will, be and what service car they will provide me! I'll keep you posted

... regards to Fairfax BMW, I have good feelings with their parts depts, at least Richard, when I was getting OEM 161 Alloys, their prices could not be beated, and same goes for Tischer BMW Parts (Mo, Jason, Idris) also. Between these two Parts Dept, I had them duke out the best prices on my bought spoiler, OEM alloys, and jack kit. Im expecting to go thru them when it comes to beating BMW part suggested retail prices again.

I've worked with Richard at BMW of Fairfax as well. He is great and is more than accommodating.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #12
mckimble
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckimble
As soon as I have any feedback on service, I'll be happy to share.
Had to use the service at BMW of Arlington for an RFT issue. Mike my CA was great and pointed me to BMW of Fairfax for the replacement when BMW of Arlington could not help me.

Richard at BMW of Fairfax (in parts) was very helpful.

I've already sent thank you's to my CA and Richard at BMW of Fairfax for the outstanding assistance they provided me.

Here's a link to the story... (in case you care )

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120652
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #13
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Leased my 2001 325 at BMW of Arlington - great sales service and great service in general for the 3 years of my lease.

I recently went to BMW of Farifax to browse. Sales guys there are nice but 2 things I immediately noticed:

1) They are clueless about their product. I had to explain half of the standard and option features to the sales guy on the new 3 series.

2) They are a tad bit pushy but still way better than Lexus - they are way too pushy at Lindsay Lexus.

BMW of Arlington is a much better, less pushy dealership. But I would still buy from Fairfax if the price was right.
      12-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #14
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
Leased my 2001 325 at BMW of Arlington - great sales service and great service in general for the 3 years of my lease.

I recently went to BMW of Farifax to browse. Sales guys there are nice but 2 things I immediately noticed:

1) They are clueless about their product. I had to explain half of the standard and option features to the sales guy on the new 3 series.

2) They are a tad bit pushy but still way better than Lexus - they are way too pushy at Lindsay Lexus.

BMW of Arlington is a much better, less pushy dealership. But I would still buy from Fairfax if the price was right.
If you want the best price, I recommend VOB BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #15
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I got mine at BMW of Sterling. Excellent sales and service department. Got a great deal on my car. I had oredered mine since most dealerships dont keep manual transmissions in stock. Sales rep kept me informed on every step of my cars production and shipping status...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #16
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckimble
Had to use the service at BMW of Arlington for an RFT issue. Mike my CA was great and pointed me to BMW of Fairfax for the replacement when BMW of Arlington could not help me.

Richard at BMW of Fairfax (in parts) was very helpful.

I've already sent thank you's to my CA and Richard at BMW of Fairfax for the outstanding assistance they provided me.

Here's a link to the story... (in case you care )

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120652
Rich of Fairfax BMW seems to be the only one there that know wats he is doing, the rest can work at mackie di's, and wouldnt know the difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #17
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
I've heard horrible all around things about Fairfax so I'll try to share a more objective opinion on top of my post above.

Like I said, going to the dealership and dealing over the phone/email are 2 different things. Going in, I was treated to a more typical dealership experience with slightly pushy salesmen, a rushed test drive, and of course a little pressure to buy on the spot.

Sending out for an internet quote, I got an email within 12 hours from the general sales manager who tried to get me to come in first. After telling him, I've already test drove the car and giving my exact specs - he came back and quoted me 500 over invoice but wanted a 10% deposit (although it was refundable). I ended up ordering elsewhere but the quote itself was pretty good. But because I didn't have it in writing and I knew Fairfax had a sketchy rep, I didn't buy there.

It might be the season, but it seems like the 325 was easily quoting less than 1K over invoice from the DC dealers - although each dealer I'm sure has different processing fees and policies.

Last edited by kobechrome; 12-14-2005 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #18
hollasrj
Rep
Drives: 325i

Go to Passport skip Fairfax

Test drove the car at Fairfax got the run around and a high quote and left Posted through Edmunds.com and was contacted through e-mail by several dealers. Passport knocked everyone out immediately. Took Passport quote back to several dealers and they wouldn't touch it. Fairfax initially said no way, then a manager contacted me to say he 'd knock $100 off the Passport price but I found them real sleazy and didn't trust that they would come through. Passport picked me up at the Metro with my car and I was in and out of the dealer in a flash. Great experience, highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #19
TD
Carmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT Black Sapphire/Terra

After testdriving at Fairfax, I was given an absurdly high lease quote. They marked up everything and seemingly made up a charge or two. The difference between their quote and the deal I struck at VOB (for the exact same specs and terms) was ~$180/mo and ~$700 less due at signing (on a 36 mo/ 15K/yr lease).

And Fairfax is still calling me two or three times a week.

2006 330i (E90) - 6MT, Black Sapphire / Terra leather, Sport/Premium
1998 M3 Sedan (E36) - 5MT, Cosmos Black / Black Nappa leather - SOLD March 2006
2001 330i (E46) - 5MT, Steel Grey / Black 'Ette, Sport - SOLD October 2001
1999 323iC (E36) - 5MT, Jet Black / Sand leather, Sport/Premium
1991 318is (E30) - 5MT, Hellrot / Tan - SOLD March 1997
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #20
GmanJeff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2016 X5

When I shopped at Fairfax, I was absolutely clear that I wanted a bottom-line price, including all extra fees. After the usual back and forth with the Sales Mgr, we agreed on a price, but when the salesman wrote it up, he added several hundred dollars in doc prep fees, which I objected to. I walked out when they wouldn't budge. The Sales Manager later sent me a pro-forma follow-up e-mail asking what it would take to get my business, and I told him that his tactics had left with with a bad taste in my mouth, as they seemed deceptive. In reply, I received a rather snotty e-mail about how everyone pays a doc fee and how aggressive his pricing was anyway. I ordered the car from VOB a day later for several hundred dollars less than the "agreed-upon" price from Fairfax, even before their doc fee padding. VOB charges no doc fees.
Appreciate 0