E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Looking for honest BMW salesmen...

11-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
335montego
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Looking for honest BMW salesmen...

Hello,

I'm looking to lease a 335 coupe ED in the next 2 weeks and would like some price quotes. I've done lots of research and would like and an honest and fair payment quote. I understand dealers must make a profit. No, that doesn't mean ED MSRP and the maximum MF markup. If you have at least some moral base and are in the lower 48 states, please contact me for details:

fastpkup21@yahoo.com

I'm located in Minnesota so anybody in the central part of the U.S. would be preferable. I will not hesitate to fly far away for an honest person with a fair deal.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Danny Gingerich at Machens BMW in Columbia, MO is what I would call hopelessly honest. I arranged a group buy at ED invoice + 1200, no fees, no crap. I think he is still working at that price. Call him at 573 445 4450. Irv Robinson is closer to you in Chicago, seems like a good guy, I have no experience with him.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
jrbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335i & e46 325xi

Give Irv Robinson a call. He works for Motorwerks of Barrington (Chicago suburb) and he is exactly what you are looking for.

1) He is honest and responsive. I did all of my "negotiations" via phone and email. I use negotiation in quotes, as it was the simplest car deal that I have ever completed. He will also returns all of your phone calls and emails quickly.

2)He is very competitive on price. He will quote $xxxx over ed invoice and invoiced options (no MACO and no training fee) and thats it. When I received my sales paperwork via fedex, everything we spoke about was there. No last minute gimmicks or bs...just refreshing honest straightforwardness.

3)There arent many dealers who can beat him, but for the couple of hundred dollars that another dealer may save you, Irv will make up for with his personal ed knowledge. He has personally done ED and even has a website (www.edbmw.com) dedicated to the process, travelling hints, BMW tours to see etc...

4) Minnesota is nearby which will make the pick up quick and easy.

If you have a chance do a search on bimmerfest (I mostly post on that site under jreit), where Irv is a sponsor, you will find countless testimonial threads about his character, knowledge and competitiveness. I am waiting for my redelivery of my e90 335i and the experience thus far has been fantastic.

You sound alot like me. You appear to value your time and that of the salesman. Irv will earn your respect and you will never buy from anyone else.

PM me if you have any further questions.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335montego
Hello,

If you have at least some moral base and are in the lower 48 states, please contact me for details:
My thoughts are the overall BMW ownership process is very different than what I consider to be typical car sales. I feel very strongly that on something like the 335 coupe, there is no need to be flying around the country to save a few $$$. The demand is high right now, all the honesty in the world doesn't change that, nor does it mean a dealership is dishonest when they sell the vehicle at the maximum possible price.

When I test drove the vehicle, the dealer wanted list for the car. 6 days later they gave me a discount over 1500 and under 2000. Does that make my CA dishonest? Of course not. The fact that they had an unsold order that they could modify meant everything. Why would they discount if people are lined-up and the orders aren't even in yet, and many are willing to pay list?

My gut is that when a person is flexible, doesn't have to have the car yesterday, and willing to look around, they can find a decent deal. The subject of this thread implies that it's not easy to find salespersons who are honest, that sell BMWs. I think that's dead wrong. Purchasing a BMW has been far above my expectations, and I don't have the highest opinion of the car business in general. So I give the BMW process credit where it is due. My .02....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
2bmw2
Proficient
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi,step,prem,nav,cw,159

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Try getting in touch with Woody at BMW of Peoria. No nonsense deal.
      02-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
Radu
Radu
Rep
Drives: 330 xi

I couldn't agree more with jrbmw, Irv is the best, you will not regret it.
Irv can be reached at 847-304-3024.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
horatiub
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

another vote for Irv
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

the only problem with your request is that you have honest and salesman in the same sentance
      02-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
pikoy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
the only problem with your request is that you have honest and salesman in the same sentance
id go with IRV. i wish i had gone with him. I spoke to IRV too but it was too late.
Appreciate 0