E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Police finished donuts too early...

04-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
MediaHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: everyday

Police finished donuts too early...

So yesterday, I got pulled over near Ward for not having a recon permit. I was spotted by a cop who's mom had the same 3 series coupe, and realized that my car was very bouncy. Of course, after pulling me over, he pushed my trunk down to see if there's 2 inch bounce. I failed the test since I was running Teins coils on the stiffest setting. So I got a 70 dollar ticket for not having recon.

I got my alignment done Dec. last year. And I think you're only allowed to use that within 30 days for recon.

My question is...

1, should I get another alignment then recon,
2, photoshop the date on the alignment paper,
3, or just pay for the $70 ticket and no need recon?

Thanks guys!
      04-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
MediaHI
Lieutenant
Rep

Too bad I didn't have the electronic damper adjusting thing.......
      04-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

it's actually pretty hard to get recon. your car must be 100% legal, and they are especially strict on the tints. first time around i got rejected because my tint was 1% too dark. it was a 35%, but i guess the factory windows are slightly stained. so i got it stripped and put on a 40%. that was painful.

your alignment needs to be within factory specs. there is also a bounce test. i was not aware of this, and i guess i was lucky because they didn't bounce test my car. i would have failed. ricky told me about it, and that's the reason they failed him. i see no legitimate reason for a bounce test though. our cars come very stiff from the factory, and do not bounce.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
MediaHI
Lieutenant
Rep

lol! my friend's gti was failed due to the bounce test, i mean, that thing stock doesn't bounce either..

I think im just going to stick with no recon and pay for the ticket..my tint is probably too dark too..
      04-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

yeah i wonder if that bounce test is something new? because i got my recon late 2008.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 03:07 AM   #6
Evan_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

I REALLY HATE COFFE AND DONUT. 99.9% of the cops are all assholes, got nothing better to do other then harass people, instead of saving life and get the drugs off the street.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
MediaHI
Lieutenant
Rep

Yea ^, I wonder what ever happen to finding this guy that broke into my house and left his finger prints all over my windows..detective didn't even call me.

But actually, the cop's partner was somewhat a nicer guy...
he was talking to me while the cop that pulled me over was writing the ticket.

The one that pulled me over: (while writing me the ticket, asked his partner) check his tint
Partner: it looks alright
Me: (thinking) thank god, cause it's 35% + factory tint......
Partner: (talking to me) where you going? Damn, if you were a second later, we would have missed you. This area is kinda heavily patrolled. If it was me, I would have never noticed your car's bounce.

All I have to say is that some cops are actually real people, some are just abusing their powers.
      04-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
jtmililani808
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Yea ^, I wonder what ever happen to finding this guy that broke into my house and left his finger prints all over my windows..detective didn't even call me.

The one that pulled me over: (while writing me the ticket, asked his partner) check his tint
Partner: (talking to me) where you going? Damn, if you were a second later, we would have missed you. This area is kinda heavily patrolled. If it was me, I would have never noticed your car's bounce.

All I have to say is that some cops are actually real people, some are just abusing their powers.

I believe that hell would freeze over before any police force received competent officers who actually fought crime instead of harassing citizens. Also added to my incompetent list are the Freeway Service Patrol guys in the tow trucks. Why does it take three of them to change someone's flat tire? I'm sure that my taxpayer money could be spent on better things...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
Evan_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack328iE92 View Post

I used to live at NJ, two guy from NY came out stolen my 460 RWHP FD RX7, detective found out whom did it. But they didn't do anything about those guys, because he said "they are from NY and we are from NJ. So, there is nothing we can do about it." WTF?

And to think about it, cops and robbers have something in common, harass us first then robe us.

asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmililani808 View Post
I believe that hell would freeze over before any police force received competent officers who actually fought crime instead of harassing citizens. Also added to my incompetent list are the Freeway Service Patrol guys in the tow trucks. Why does it take three of them to change someone's flat tire? I'm sure that my taxpayer money could be spent on better things...
ONE guy jack up the car, one guy take off the nuts, and the other one change the tire
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
MediaHI
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino_RS View Post
I used to live at NJ, two guy from NY came out stolen my 460 RWHP FD RX7, detective found out whom did it. But they didn't do anything about those guys, because he said "they are from NY and we are from NJ. So, there is nothing we can do about it." WTF?

And to think about it, cops and robbers have something in common, harass us first then robe us.

asshole

ONE guy jack up the car, one guy take off the nuts, and the other one change the tire

WOW, after watching that video I'm speechless......I would sue this cop for harassment and knock him out of throwing me on the ground (and maybe get arrested for it)... the cop is acting more immature than the kid
      04-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
jonmizu
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

through out all my hassles with cops ive learned just agree and take the ticket its easier i figure my 70 bucks for recon will go to the donut found or to fixing roads lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
NaTuReB0Y