E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Production Slot Timing

11-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Production Slot Timing

Does anyone know how far ahead a dealer sees their available production slots? And does this happen week by week or do they get them in monthly chunks?
I am trying to determine when my dealer would see their March allocations.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

March is a long way away, in production terms that is. Your dealer may have allocations for March or they may not. The BMW factories do juggle their production schedules from time to time to take into account production difficulties, etc. Therefore, March allocations may not yet be set.

Anyways, when you go into the dealer to talk about when you might get a car, have the CA show you the computer screens showing their current allocations. Keep in mind that just because they have an allocation, it could already be sold. Also, keep in mind that every dealer will have different allocations and of those, different ones that are already sold.

So, what you have to do, is get out there and do some leg work at some of your local dealers. You might end up paying a little more to get a car sooner rather than later or, if you can wait, make your very best deal.
      11-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson
March is a long way away, in production terms that is. Your dealer may have allocations for March or they may not. The BMW factories do juggle their production schedules from time to time to take into account production difficulties, etc. Therefore, March allocations may not yet be set.
Yes, I know that March is far out. But when will the dealer know what his March production slots are -- December, January or ??.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Unless you have a crystal ball, the answer is "who knows". I remember back in September when I was ordering my car hearing that production in October was being changed. The 323's with automatic transmissions were being flipped with e92 (i think) production because of auto tranny bugs that had to be fixed. Depending on where you are, if you are able to go to Budd's BMW in Oakville, you may be able to get info "first" since the owner of the dealership, Darryl Budd sits on some sort of "board" for BMW Canada and gets this type of info soonest.

Good Luck - let us know how it turns out.
      11-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR
Yes, I know that March is far out. But when will the dealer know what his March production slots are -- December, January or ??.
I don't know it works with BMW of Canada. But in the US, March allocations would typically be released at the end of Jan., so basically like a 6-weeks ahead.

I'm surprised that your dealer can't find anything earlier than March. You might want to call some other dealers, if possible.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Thanks CALIF65GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
I don't know it works with BMW of Canada. But in the US, March allocations would typically be released at the end of Jan., so basically like a 6-weeks ahead.

I'm surprised that your dealer can't find anything earlier than March. You might want to call some other dealers, if possible.
Thanks. If you can keep a secret, it is March as it is for an E93.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I ordered my car a couple of weeks ago, but the earliest I can get delivery will be in March. Haven't heard of my production date yet but I am guessing it won't be until mid Dec or Jan since I was told they take a couple weeks of at the end of the year. This is through the Military Sales thing too though so not sure what the difference is as far as a regular dealers allocations.
      11-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Yes, they take the weeks of Dec 18 and 25 off.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #9
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR
Thanks. If you can keep a secret, it is March as it is for an E93.
Sweet what number are you on your dealer's order list for the Conv?

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

They should have March production allocations by the 3rd week of January
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
Sweet what number are you on your dealer's order list for the Conv?
Dunno He just says I will be in March prod'n. We'll see.....
Appreciate 0